Does a SSD significantly improve load times between days?

I'm thinking about buying a SSD. I already have a good computer, and I would say load times in this game are typical with everyone else's. I get about 15 second load times in the Cornellverse and TheWho's Real World database takes like 90 seconds.

Will I experience slashed load times with a SSD?

What are things that would influence the loading times? Does a powerful CPU shorten the wait times significantly? I'm planning on upgrading my CPU when AMD's Zen 2 comes out and was just curious what sorts of an impact an upgrade would have on my TEW experience

Also, agree with the SSD recommendation. Putting your OS and web browser on it alone makes your computer ridiculously more usable.

Yes an SSD flies with this game...I have an overpowered rig for TEW but I even simulated the same week off my Hard and SSD drive to compare. The SSD was almost no wait time. The only thing I would recommend is make sure you don't stuff SSD drives because they slow down the more full they get.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="esteel20" data-cite="esteel20" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46611" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not enough for me to really notice, but get an SSD anyway as they are absolute game changers with most programs and tasks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I personally installed TEW on my SSD not so long ago. I did noticed faster sim but not enough to mention it.</p><p> </p><p> If you are thinking about buying an SSD for that particular reason, I'd say don't.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FRAGz" data-cite="FRAGz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46611" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I personally installed TEW on my SSD not so long ago. I did noticed faster sim but not enough to mention it.<p> </p><p> If you are thinking about buying an SSD for that particular reason, I'd say don't.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How far are you into your game?</p><p> </p><p> Load time is especially noticeable the farther you are in. You have a 10 year plus game thats when you truly see the perks</p>

I run TEW2016 on an SSD using the Mod Squad's 1991 Mod and it takes 10-15s between days to advance. I played TEW2008 on HDD and recall it being much longer. As mentioned by K-Nection, don't stuff the SSD though. I run Windows and a couple select applications that seem to run better on SSD, like TEW and Photoshop.

Archived