Justice League Mafia (Game 1: Secret Society)

Eternal Phoenix

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is that a no to both questions? The way I read it first it looked like the screaming woman could have been bussed.</div></blockquote><p> It was a no to the flying woman, but I'm kind of reading it as if she was bussed not the Screamer, also not Screamers actual target (either way really). I didn't read it the same way you did, so might be something to re-read when I get back from work tonight.</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Imarevenant" data-cite="Imarevenant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>/Nod. Braniac just feels too big for whatever this role is. I'Ve decided that until it does more than just scan people I'll stick to worrying more about secret society.<p> </p><p> I would like to see what crychon or emark think about today's events this far. They usually see things that go completely by me and haven't posted much yet.</p></div></blockquote><p> /nod.</p><p> </p><p> I have to get going going to work now, so hopefully there's a bunch to read when I get back.</p>

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Honestly, I don't think so.<p> </p><p> <strong>Depending on the AI</strong>, and what kind of power it has, not sure. I keep going back and forth on it. From Brainiac, to Amazo, to good ole' Brother Eye.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Just had a thought on a character that's human and AI. <strong>Cyborg</strong></p>

<p>I think dj may have pegged the baddies. I know zilch of Circe. </p><p> </p><p>

What caught my eye and don't recall if anyone mentioned it but Kijar was specifically listed as Bruce Wayne. That leads me to think there might be more Bats out and about. </p><p> </p><p>

I think shock mentioned the Riddler but I'm in line with thinking Joker. To me it feels more Joker-ish. The question is what happened in that interaction? It was both mentioned as poison or recruiting. I could see either.</p>

Maybe cause the caped man is Superman, and Superman is vulnerable to anything magic?

My impression is that Superman is immune to everything except Kryptonite. It's possible that it is not Superman in that part. I imagine Superman isn't the only caped man in the game.

I think dj may have pegged the baddies. I know zilch of Circe.

What caught my eye and don't recall if anyone mentioned it but Kijar was specifically listed as Bruce Wayne. That leads me to think there might be more Bats out and about.

I think shock mentioned the Riddler but I'm in line with thinking Joker. To me it feels more Joker-ish. The question is what happened in that interaction? It was both mentioned as poison or recruiting. I could see either.

My role also lists both identities, I take it that yours does not?

Who do you think is a JOAT? Batman with his utility belt or Green Arrow with his trick arrows?

Who would be a better investigator? Batman with his "I'M BATMAN" voice or Wonder Woman and her lasso?

I wonder what role he had, TBH. Honestly he COULD have been the protector (not that it did Circe's victim any good). Maybe a double-voter since he's very convincing? I don't know. I still haven't come up with a decent theory as to what Kijar's role could've been.

Could be up in the air... though I wouldn't be surprised if he had several resources at his disposal. JOAT-ish or somewhere in those nether regions is my far guess.

But Wonder Woman has a magic lasso of truth, y'know :p

I'm sure it's weird to have a two investigators in a single game, right? But how about one investigator and one role cop?

/nod

but as BHK mentioned, one-shots and all.

I'm stumped for now but at least heads are looking elsewhere. Am interested in Crychon for now and maybe other names will prop up once I'm finished fully catching up.

For the bus driver thing, I think it wouldn't behoove me that one of the targets could have been scum as well, not necessarily both town. Depends mostly on if the scum member had a job to do.

Trying to catch up....first part is a blur of potential roles, most unfamiliar to me. Now looking into the Hellshock/Rabbitman megaposts.

And DJ mocking me again...at least I didn't peg the whole town as a vig (like someone did last game). Non? Also, after 2 days of hardly contributing, DJ's suddenly the town leader?

Hmm what happens when I do this?

Change Vote: michgcs

I never got this or the other things....do you need to vote to get some ability?

And I got another thing I can't grasp (well, more than one....but that's my carp mafia-gaming)....let me dig it up.

Guest Memory of Talon
mich is the fearless man and was infected by the joker. It seems to be causing his votes to be random no matter who he votes for. So he's testing it out.

This is the part right?

"A laughing man walked up to a man without fear. He greeted the fearless man, and gave him a gift. Then the laughing man walked away as the man without fear began to chuckle in unexpected mirth"

My role also lists both identities, I take it that yours does not?

Mine as well. Maybe he's some robot without another identity to list...

This....unless this is a joke which I'm failing to spot.

Was completely a joke. I think you need to re-read a lot tbh.

Also whose treating dj as a town leader?

Mine as well. Maybe he's some robot without another identity to list...

Was completely a joke. I think you need to re-read a lot tbh.

Also whose treating dj as a town leader?

Didn't read the two posts together so that's one off the list. Well, not off the list...could a "will do for now".

And DJ has been quiet for the first phases and suddenly is post-happy when he gets some votes. Did he ever answer the BHK-question btw? If he did, I must have missed it.

Which one? If you mean that one about who he thinks are scum then, yes he did answer

Well, you were day 1, as was a few others I feel better about today. This by far makes me feel better about you to be honest. I haven't updated it since coming home though. SO it isn't taking into consideration the new reveals.

1. bak42 s (why do you always look scummy? I hate putting this one up because I want him to always play the games)

2. BHK1978 s (I'll add here, that after the phase/and this post I quoted, I am leaning hard town)

3. Bluestar s (Him and Rev always seem like scum to me, so probably town)

5. Destiny s He plays like scum all the time. I don't get it.

10. (now 11.?) Imarevenant s (See Blue)

13. hellshock70 s

25. Zergon s

Almost everyone feels totally opposite today, which is why I wasn't going to bother this phase with something like this.

Would probably be more helpful if I actually quoted his post so here it is.

It had been interrupted last night, but tonight its work began. It scanned a man in red, and moved on.

------------------------

Shortly afterward, said man in red unexpectedly found himself somewhere else. A blur of yellow disappearing in the distance afterward. How odd. Where he had been there was a now a flying woman who was just as befuddled. Before she could react she was buffeted by a very loud scream. She was unharmed, but decided to call it a night without doing what she planned.

Someone switches "red man" to a flying (not colored woman).

5 people here... the red man and flying woman are two different people.

Archived