Help! Why did "fans expected" drop from 2,500 to 600 over night ?

Hi

Playing a regional new promotion. My first 2 months were going well and i was attracting 2,500 fans to my Tri State (home) venues.

Then just overnight the fans expected dropped from 2,500 to 600!?!? any idea why?

It means my tickets sales are way down and now i'm struggling to turn a profit so in turn can't upgrade my production.

Any ideas?

Maybe you had some overspill on other regions and since you hadn't visited them in ages, the popularity reseted itself back to the earlier levels. Or you lost a regional war, but that shouldn't hit that hard so I'm thinking that it was the popularity drop from other regions.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MortiSporti" data-cite="MortiSporti" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46743" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you do generic venue? It may have chosen a new venue for you that caps your attendance numbers</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It does pre set a venue for me based on the fans expected but even if i change venue to a bigger capacity i still only draw around 600 fans... </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FINisher" data-cite="FINisher" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46743" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe you had some overspill on other regions and since you hadn't visited them in ages, the popularity reseted itself back to the earlier levels. Or you lost a regional war, but that shouldn't hit that hard so I'm thinking that it was the popularity drop from other regions.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I thought that but my pop has remained the same in other regions. actually its risen in one. i had been focusing my events on tri state... does that mean i would drop in fans if i neglected other regions? </p><p> </p><p> Also, does touring affect numbers?</p>

Hi

Playing a regional new promotion. My first 2 months were going well and i was attracting 2,500 fans to my Tri State (home) venues.

Then just overnight the fans expected dropped from 2,500 to 600!?!? any idea why?

It means my tickets sales are way down and now i'm struggling to turn a profit so in turn can't upgrade my production.

Any ideas?

You have boom-bust economy on. Or you changed your product too quickly and your fans revolted.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Vinsmoker" data-cite="Vinsmoker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46743" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you a touring promotion? Because "touring" shows generally create less of a crowd than Major events</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is my logic, i think a a weekly show draws less than a annual event for example. An A show draws less than a PPV, but more than a B show.</p><p> </p><p> It may be really tough to figure out without having the save in front of us.</p>

Archived