Who is your "James Ellsworth" Story?

Who is the one person cverse, real world, or other that you hired to be a jobber but ended up turining into a valuable asset for your company?

(Random side-note- If you need a wrestling chat website please go to wrestlediscussions.proboards.com. It is very new so there isn't much there yet but it's a work in progress. Shameless plug over.)

Hired El Mitico Jr after a friend tipped me off that he usually developed well for him. I don't even think I knew he was in the game before that. After jobbing for a couple of years he got really, really good and slowly moved up the card. Tried to give him a King of the Ring win a little too quickly and had to drop him down into the midcard again, but then he found an eventual Tag Team of the Year pairing with KC Glenn and 3 years later he was able to win the tournament again and this time finally win his first world title in TCW and is one of the top 4 candidates I have in mind to replace an aging Rocky Golden as my ace(KC Glenn, Loxley Robbins, and Matthew Keith). I can't remember the last time I had someone like him where I had 0 plans to use him for much more than filling up the roster and instead have him turn into the top guy on my show.

Devyn Reynaud.

I hired every possible liberal worker to a development deal in my PSW game. It was a perf>> pop developmental and Reynaud ended up tearing down the house for 8 months, being the most successful champion in the developmental distort and single handedly carrying Jersey Devil Wrestling up the rankings. By the time he left developmental he was 54 overness across the country with sky high momentum and autoslotfed into the midcarder, turns out he also was a Next Big Thing and the number one prospect in the company, I gave him a good push into the upper midcard with his momentum and set him into a mini feud with icon Ernest Youngman that did several 90s.

Reynaud was probably one of the guys I least expected to be of any consequence.

Same for LatiNoFear who ended up being a World Tag Champion with Sanchez Villano in a stable with John Greed and Robbie Wright.

Eve Grunge also became the biggest star in the women’s division accidentally although I ended up feeding her to Electric Dreamer after Grunge lost her sex appeal.

Devyn Reynaud.

I hired every possible liberal worker to a development deal in my PSW game. It was a perf>> pop developmental and Reynaud ended up tearing down the house for 8 months, being the most successful champion in the developmental distort and single handedly carrying Jersey Devil Wrestling up the rankings. By the time he left developmental he was 54 overness across the country with sky high momentum and autoslotfed into the midcarder, turns out he also was a Next Big Thing and the number one prospect in the company, I gave him a good push into the upper midcard with his momentum and set him into a mini feud with icon Ernest Youngman that did several 90s.

Reynaud was probably one of the guys I least expected to be of any consequence.

Same for LatiNoFear who ended up being a World Tag Champion with Sanchez Villano in a stable with John Greed and Robbie Wright.

Eve Grunge also became the biggest star in the women’s division accidentally although I ended up feeding her to Electric Dreamer after Grunge lost her sex appeal.

Reynaud always does very well for me too.

Hmm... in my current NJPW game there has to be a few there.

Jeff Jarrett - Originally just a jobber and I believe the pin guy for Great Bash Heel. But he ended up having excellent chemistry with Lance Storm. Jarrett ended up with 80+ brawling and 85/85 basics/psych, so he carried his own weight. Ended up winning the IWGP Tag Team titles with Storm, and he left right after to go to NOAH, won the GHC Tag Titles with Styles instantly, and since then has been in the main event. 46 and declining though.

Masato Tanaka - Okay this one I'm guilty of, because I like Tanaka. But I didn't really have a single plan for him. I just didn't want NOAH to have him. See, back in 2004 or so, I lost pretty much every gaijin talent to NOAH, Styles, Joe, Aries, Daniels, etc. They also stole a few other Japanese guys from me like YAMATO, Nakanishi, etc. I was just desperate and angry so I poached Tanaka from them and was originally going to just make him look awful as a way to somehow stick it to the AI, as if they give a shit. Ended up getting super over after losing 4 matches straight in the G1 and just said **** it and gave him some wins. 2x Never Openweight (with a 3rd reign coming this year, 2014) and 1x Never 6 Man, Tanaka has had an Ishii like run with me.

In the C-Verse? It'd probably be Tanyu Toshusai, if I spelled that right. I had him go on a massive jobbing streak, for about 2 years, and I noticed he was actually pushing upper midcard, I had him come out saying he quits and his mentor (who I forgot, it's been a while) came out to challenge him. Terminal time decline, the match sucked, but it was okay. Toshusai got the win and ended up going all the way winning the TCW title and holding it for a year or so, remaining undefeated. I think Matthew Keith beat him.

Mobster, for me. Turns out his stats are actually pretty solid. I hired him not to be a presence on the card, just another hardcore guy. Then I accidentally put the Hardcore title on Chris Caulfield, and wanted to push the old Hardcore champ Sayeed Ali towards the main event so Mobstar got it, for his solid hardcore stat. A strong title run, followed by a win at the Rip Chord Invitational led him to the top belt, and now he's the only 3 time champion in company history, a tag title run shy of the grand slam, and the only singles worker who auto qualified for my Hall of Fame.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Not exactly Ellsworth, but in my famous (to nobody but myself) WCW Lives save, Kanyon became one of the biggest stars in the world, went from around 72 pop to 93 in 2 years.</p><p> </p><p>

In the C-Verse, I guess in my regional company WPL Logan Wolfsbaine became a relatively big star after a stint in Japan, his stats are outrageous. I only had him as a Midcarder before Japan but when he returned I had him main eventing shows.</p><p>

Then TIER1 signed him on a written.</p>

The Brisbane Devil is definitely my answer to this question.

I brought him in for a short run with my Aussie local to global game in February 2022. King Malietoa ended up washing out because he was showing up wasted on soft drugs. I always resist bringing in Devil because of his attitude issues, but after a few shows he stopped being a negative influence and never caused any problems. One of his first matches he had one of the "psychology boost" strength spots (it was the first one I had in that save). I would continuously sign him to short renewals on his contract but he kept earning me resigning him (I had 7 different negotiations with him over a 3 year period).

After around 6 years, I finally gave the 39 year old vet a run with my tag titles with one of my younger Islander dojo grads. Unfortunately the dojo grad capped out on a lot of key stats early in his career, but he's been a super solid hand and had a dominant tag title run and is one of the centerpieces of my Motu Atonu islander stable with the dojo grad, Rocky Weatherfield, and Charger Siaki.

Here's how his stats look in May 2028:

PRV1TDC.jpg

He's been a solid hand and well deserving of his tag title run. He is the one guy that basically forced me to keep him based on his performances, and I REALLY wasn't sold on him, and I finally gave him a long term deal after years of cat and mouse because he earned every raise he got.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Element" data-cite="Element" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46822" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Reynaud always does very well for me too.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had him tag with Kamikaze for about five years, when it was time for them to split it was Reynaud who broke out into the main event scene. He's so useful and can turn into a real star.</p>

I hired Lenny Brown as a filler name to shore up my mid card, not long after I start getting emails from some of my best guys saying he's going places. By the time I finally get around to giving him a mid card title run he gets auto pushed to Main Event status. He's proved so much better than I ever expected

<p>-Back in the EWR days, I was giving Nunzio a bit of storyline because of a meme. He got to the main event!</p><p> </p><p>

-Heath Slater managed to become one of my top heels in a draft game. I've always had a soft spot for the dude, but that was a weird one.</p><p> </p><p>

-I brought Chavo Guerrero back in WWE to give him "a decent midcard run" because I always felt he never got what he deserved. Said run took him to the WWE title, in part because I was running a reader prediction contest and one prize stipulated that I had to run a PPV in Mexico, and he did well with it!</p>

IDK if its James Ellsworth enough but in my 91 save Tatanka got really over, mostly accidentally that ended with an IC championship run and a King of the Ring tournament win. He needed a gimmick change so I ran a storyline where he claimed Tatanka was racist, he wasn't a native American and changed his name to his real name. He became a heel battling with the then President (I'm thinking it was Gorilla Monsoon) and won the WWF Championship.... I miss that save.

-Heath Slater managed to become one of my top heels in a draft game. I've always had a soft spot for the dude, but that was a weird one.

Years ago, a friend and I decided to do a Universe Mode on whatever the current game was, where we both picked a character and just did their matches, skipping everyone else's. For a bit of variety/randomness, we simulated a whole year before we started, and at Wrestlemania, Heath Slater beat Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship! :eek:

He was known as "Hench Heath" in my house from that point on... :cool: