How Old is Too Old?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tomato Can" data-cite="Tomato Can" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46890" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am trying to decide on a new "Figurehead". My most popular guys are between 38-41. Is that too old to start off as a figurehead or should it be someone younger? What do you think?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Personally my figurehead generally ends up as someone in the early to mid 30's and then when the shine wears off, bring through the next guy. 40's I would say is too old as you don't know how much longevity you're gonna get out the guy, necessarily (unless they're a Tanahashi or a Flair level talent). </p><p> Late 30's depending on the talent could get a shot but, generally, I go early to mid 30's. Personal preference though.</p>

<p>In general I feel that if they're good enough, then they're young enough... But like Sco mentioned, A figurehead that is late 30s early 40s might not be the most prudent thing to do for the long term.</p><p> </p><p>

It takes a good year to establish a figurehead and have him give any sort of effect on the company. So they're going to be a year older, then the longer they are the figurehead the better buffs you get, and time doesn't stand still so they'll only get older and older.</p><p> </p><p>

Not that an older figurehead can't work, they could work perfectly well. But you never really know when time decline is going to hit, and if you're particularly unfortunate it can hit after a year or two and you're going to be stuck with a figurehead who'se in ring performance will steady get worse and worse, when you want him to be a stable force, a guarantee of good ratings.</p><p> </p><p>

If you have a future star lined up who is half a decade away from making a mark, then an older figurehead could work for the time being. But as the game says, not using a figurehead doesn't give you penalties, so you can always run without one until a young gun gets good enough to carry the company for the next 10 years.</p><p> </p><p>

Also remember that whilst you can make that old guy a figurehead, removing them as figurehead at a future date will severely hurt his happiness and possibly create a negative relationship with you the booker/owner, so be prepared to burn a bridge or spend a lot of cash when you take away the figurehead status.</p>

<p>The way figureheads are setup in TEW2016 actually favors someone who uses an older talent. This person doesn't have to be your champion, they don't have to be used every show (to get the attendance boost they have to be used for that show) and they can lose, it just has to be very rare while keeping them protected from falling in popularity to someone else. </p><p> </p><p>

If I remember right, the figurehead only has to be used every 3 months. In that regard, you could potentially have someone much older who only wants to be used on 'Events'. So long as they meet the criteria and are better than the rest of the roster in popularity, star quality, charisma, and babyface rating -- I really don't see why you couldn't have a 45+ year old figurehead and succeed.</p>