The NWA Discussion Thread

Jaysin

There are a couple guys there I'd like to see in AEW.

I think Thrillbilly Silas Mason would do great in AEW. He's a good big man with a relatively unique look and gimmick. 

I also would like to see "Psycho Boy" Fodder & "Psycho Girl" Angelina Love on AEW TV. They have some good chemistry and a good gimmick.

I'm not totally sold on Fodder's in-ring work, but he has some good charisma. 

Give their gimmicks, Fodder & Mason would make great additions to The Righteous and/or in a Psychobilly tag team with Love as manager. 

AEW can always use more tag teams with FTR (apparently) out and The Acclaimed holding the trios belts. Mason & Fodder both have good, unique looks and could draw. 

Apparently, NWA is doing some sort of "territory system revival"? Should be interesting to see who ends up joining.

I do think that with EC3 running Exodus he'll probably drop the belt. Which sucks, because he's done a great job as champion and gotten pretty over. 

I like what I've seen of Thom Latimer so far, so I wouldn't be too mad for him to pick up the win.

NWA Reveals More Details About Territory System Revival | 411MANIA

2 hours ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Apparently, NWA is doing some sort of "territory system revival"? Should be interesting to see who ends up joining.

I do think that with EC3 running Exodus he'll probably drop the belt. Which sucks, because he's done a great job as champion and gotten pretty over. 

I like what I've seen of Thom Latimer so far, so I wouldn't be too mad for him to pick up the win.

NWA Reveals More Details About Territory System Revival | 411MANIA

Don't think EC3 is dropping the title when he's a part of why people are tuning in again. 

Excuse me while I go puke over the fact that Innovate Wrestling will almost certainly get reinvited to the NWA purely on the basis of it being the closest to Kerry Morton's home.

EDIT: To clarify, I like Kerry, he was already an unofficial trainer at his dad's school when he was a teen. It's the weasel in charge of Innovate that I can't stand.

Edited by The Swanton825

1 hour ago, Jaysin said:

Don't think EC3 is dropping the title when he's a part of why people are tuning in again. 

I assume he'd be too busy promoting NWA Midwest Evolve (and with a developmental promotion) to hold the World Title. Maybe not, maybe the NWA could co-promote more shows with NWA Midwest Evolve to lighten the load for EC3.

13 hours ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

I assume he'd be too busy promoting NWA Midwest Evolve (and with a developmental promotion) to hold the World Title. Maybe not, maybe the NWA could co-promote more shows with NWA Midwest Evolve to lighten the load for EC3.

Exodus runs like monthly shows and the NWA does block tapings. cYn is the most time consuming part of his life right now since it's more one on one coaching and reconditioning, but EC3 has plenty of time for Exodus and NWA because of their schedules. 

9 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Exodus runs like monthly shows and the NWA does block tapings. cYn is the most time consuming part of his life right now since it's more one on one coaching and reconditioning, but EC3 has plenty of time for Exodus and NWA because of their schedules. 

I didn't understand the scheduling situation fully, sorry.

I guess I have some trust issues with NWA management after the last year or so with the disastrous Tyrus push. 

EC3 is winning me back, though.

23 hours ago, aXminster said:

So apparently NWA has signed a TV Deal with The CW. Pretty good news for them.

Haven't watched anything since pre-pandemic but I might check out once they premiere.

Was interested for a moment then saw one of the shows they'll be producing is a reality tv show. C'mon now the NWA is supposed to be professional wrestling, stop with the reality tv stuff.

5 minutes ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

Was interested for a moment then saw one of the shows they'll be producing is a reality tv show. C'mon now the NWA is supposed to be professional wrestling, stop with the reality tv stuff.

I mean, it's not like I'm gonna watch either, but if Corgan could hustle not only one but two tv slots for his company, great for him. Way better than anyone would hope. Last time I saw they were behind a paywall on Fite. Don't know how many people were paying for that but I believe it's waaaay less than what CW can reach.

Corgan's NWA has made some big names in wrestling. Ricky Starks got his big break there among others.

I've liked a lot of what I've watched on the undercard even when I haven't been sold on the main event with NWA.

Intrigued to see what NWA can do with a TV Slot. Can't think of how it won't be a good thing.

Edited by ColdBloodedSausageMaker

10 pounds of gold and first few eps of Powerrrr were fun. If Corgan does a soft reboot and goes back to that style of content, I think it could be a nice 3rd tier promotion like MLW and Impact. 

Especially if their reality show is shot like their 10 pounds of gold series.

Edited by SanX
10 pounds not 50.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen the segment in question, but I haven't heard anything that makes it seem like a good idea. And all to try to "benefit" James Mitchell? Not sure why they would do that.

The whole thing has shades of Sandman getting crucified. Given what's on the line/what they lost out on, might not be a bad comparison.

Edited by CQI13

On 11/7/2023 at 4:31 PM, aXminster said:

The CW is getting NXT now, so yeah, the slot is gone lol

That's the NWA for you

Corgan claims there's still two TV deals on the table with a major network. 

Did NWA or Billy ever confirm that CW was the network or was that a dirt sheet thing?

15 hours ago, CQI13 said:

I haven't seen the segment in question, but I haven't heard anything that makes it seem like a good idea. And all to try to "benefit" James Mitchell? Not sure why they would do that.

The whole thing has shades of Sandman getting crucified. Given what's on the line/what they lost out on, might not be a bad comparison.

That's an even more apt comparison than you think. Mitchell plays the segment well (it's James Mitchell, of course he does), just like Raven did during Sandman's crucifixion, but both wind up getting the wrong kind of heat because it's shock value for shock value's sake.

5 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Corgan claims there's still two TV deals on the table with a major network. 

Did NWA or Billy ever confirm that CW was the network or was that a dirt sheet thing?

It was just a rumour. But Corgan is a big carny and Nick Hausman (the guy who reported) only knows what CM Punk tells him, so maybe there was never any truth to it.

Somehow I doubt that The CW decided within the span of ten days not to pick up NWA and to pick up WWE NXT instead. I'm no expert on the subject but surely negotiations of this nature take place for a solid six months before they ink the deal?

I bet Hausman heard that The CW were picking up wrestling, listened to Corgan talking on Busted Open, and then ran with the assumption that the two stories were mutual and called it an exclusive.

• 2 months later...

Who knows if the TV show was ever really in play, but NWA will get a show on the CW App and website. Wonder if it will always be available, or if it's going to be one of those things where the shows will be available for a month. 

First show is next Tuesday (February 6th) with 3 title matches - EC3 vs Matt Cardona being the main event.