Shawn Michaels is wreaking havoc in my locker room and I don't think I can stop it

I am playing the Post-Montreal mod and Shawn Michaels is an absolute terror. He has turned the locker room against Vader and is now starting to do the same to Owen Hart. Other than firing him it doesn't appear there is anything I can do without using the editor. Is there a way to talk to him, fine him, or suspend him that I am not seeing?

I am playing the Post-Montreal mod and Shawn Michaels is an absolute terror. He has turned the locker room against Vader and is now starting to do the same to Owen Hart. Other than firing him it doesn't appear there is anything I can do without using the editor. Is there a way to talk to him, fine him, or suspend him that I am not seeing?

Send him home

You have to fire whoever Shawn starts stuff with.

Honestly that feature doesn’t work very well because it is something that doesn’t occur at all in the Default database, in fact I’ve never ever seen it outside of RW mods.

So yeah you can use the editor if you dislike it or just make sure to never hire people with negative relationships towards Master Politicians.

I found in general the way it works is ridiculously unrealistic, but I think it calculates how social and how manipulative the stirrers personality is. The thing I don’t like is that like on your case, Owen Hart is a super positive influence in the back and is well liked by everyone, and Shawn someone can make Hatred Papen between another positive influence that everyone likes and likes everyone and Owen. Very unrealistic IMO.

Like CM Punk hates Kofi Kingston for some reason because he’s toxic and then suddenly AJ Styles hates Kofi too even though Punk and AJ aren’t even friends or associates and both AJ and Kofi have good personalities.

I think the feature had potential it just wasn’t fleshed out. It should have all of Shawn Michaels friends hate Vader and Owen or calculate the other guys reputation and respect levels.

The higher the guys respect and reputation the harder it should be to get people to turn against him. Shawn Michaels for example shouldn’t be able to turn a room against Owen Hart or the Undertaker, those guys have way too much respect and allies backstage for a known menace who a lot of people hated to influence like that, if anything if Shawn had started anything against Owen IRL the locker room would’ve turned against Shawn. Owen was like everyone’s kid brother back then.

To placate Shawn it may help to hire people that he likes - which means Hall, Nash, Waltman and HHH. Maybe Jose Lothario, too.

That causes its own problems, of course.

A different tack may be to spread peace and joy throughout the land - have Shawn make friends with other people in the locker room, preferably those who're positive influences in their own right. This is a lot easier if you yourself are a positive influence. If you're playing as Vince, then... :p But doing that will calm him slightly and make him less likely to act up.

The other approach you can - and should - take is to flood your backstage area with positive influences. It doesn't matter if it's nothing but enhancement talents; The presence of good people backstage will improve your backstage rating and that will help neutralise the effect of a toxic pit like Michaels.

In 1997 your choice playing as the WWF is Shawn or happiness unless you put a lot of work into changing things. Vader's likely a lost cause, and Owen's heading the same way. The good news is that Vader in 1997 is likely a lost cause anyway, and Owen's talented and a great guy, but lacks the charisma and star quality to truly crack the main event. So if you want to keep Shawn you pretty much have to run with those judgments - back him, reap the benefits of those A* performances... and the F- attitude.

And try and have him make friends with Austin and Foley, because with those 3 in the mix, your main event is secure for the next year or two.

Post Montreal Shawn did next to nothing that couldn't have been done by someone else. Of course there is no way they could have known he'd get injured.

But with the benefit of hindsight they should have kept Bret and gotten rid of Shawn. Bret had his own issues but he was much better in the locker room and would have made much more sense being the person to pass the title on to Austin. From a storyline perspective it comes full circle, Austin gets his win back from Bret. From a image perspective its out with the old school represented by Bret and the in with the Austin Attitude Era.

All that to say fire him. You don't need Vader either. Just develop new stars. The WWF did just fine without him. If you think about other than the Hell In a Cell match what did he really do once he "found his smile again"? Now if you were in 1996 that would be a very hard pill to swallow. He was carrying everyone to amazing matches.

Since you have a few weeks until WM keep him off TV. His overness can be used in angles featuring the person (Austin I'd guess) who you are passing the title to. Then he can't cause trouble because he won't be there. This isn't far from what they actually did with HBK due to the back injury (limited TV appearances and angles, some recorded from home, no matches).

To placate Shawn it may help to hire people that he likes - which means Hall, Nash, Waltman and HHH. Maybe Jose Lothario, too.

A different tack may be to spread peace and joy throughout the land - have Shawn make friends with other people in the locker room, preferably those who're positive influences in their own right. This is a lot easier if you yourself are a positive influence. If you're playing as Vince, then... :p But doing that will calm him slightly and make him less likely to act up.

The other approach you can - and should - take is to flood your backstage area with positive influences. It doesn't matter if it's nothing but enhancement talents; The presence of good people backstage will improve your backstage rating and that will help neutralise the effect of a toxic pit like Michaels.

In 1997 your choice playing as the WWF is Shawn or happiness unless you put a lot of work into changing things. Vader's likely a lost cause, and Owen's heading the same way. The good news is that Vader in 1997 is likely a lost cause anyway, and Owen's talented and a great guy, but lacks the charisma and star quality to truly crack the main event. So if you want to keep Shawn you pretty much have to run with those judgments - back him, reap the benefits of those A* performances... and the F- attitude.

And try and have him make friends with Austin and Foley, because with those 3 in the mix, your main event is secure for the next year or two.

That's not true. I had the same thing happen with Hogan. He had the locker room down to 40 some percent. Signed a bunch of locker room leaders. 87 percent. Created riffs. Back down to 60 percent. Fired him. Back up to 79.

Honestly that feature doesn’t work very well because it is something that doesn’t occur at all in the Default database, in fact I’ve never ever seen it outside of RW mods.

So yeah you can use the editor if you dislike it or just make sure to never hire people with negative relationships towards Master Politicians.

I found in general the way it works is ridiculously unrealistic, but I think it calculates how social and how manipulative the stirrers personality is. The thing I don’t like is that like on your case, Owen Hart is a super positive influence in the back and is well liked by everyone, and Shawn someone can make Hatred Papen between another positive influence that everyone likes and likes everyone and Owen. Very unrealistic IMO.

Like CM Punk hates Kofi Kingston for some reason because he’s toxic and then suddenly AJ Styles hates Kofi too even though Punk and AJ aren’t even friends or associates and both AJ and Kofi have good personalities.

I think the feature had potential it just wasn’t fleshed out. It should have all of Shawn Michaels friends hate Vader and Owen or calculate the other guys reputation and respect levels.

The higher the guys respect and reputation the harder it should be to get people to turn against him. Shawn Michaels for example shouldn’t be able to turn a room against Owen Hart or the Undertaker, those guys have way too much respect and allies backstage for a known menace who a lot of people hated to influence like that, if anything if Shawn had started anything against Owen IRL the locker room would’ve turned against Shawn. Owen was like everyone’s kid brother back then.

That would suck as I don't want to lose Owen

I have HHH on the roster and plan on signing Waltman when his WCW contract expires. I'll look into some positive influences and see if that helps. Thanks

Post Montreal Shawn did next to nothing that couldn't have been done by someone else. Of course there is no way they could have known he'd get injured.

But with the benefit of hindsight they should have kept Bret and gotten rid of Shawn. Bret had his own issues but he was much better in the locker room and would have made much more sense being the person to pass the title on to Austin. From a storyline perspective it comes full circle, Austin gets his win back from Bret. From a image perspective its out with the old school represented by Bret and the in with the Austin Attitude Era.

All that to say fire him. You don't need Vader either. Just develop new stars. The WWF did just fine without him. If you think about other than the Hell In a Cell match what did he really do once he "found his smile again"? Now if you were in 1996 that would be a very hard pill to swallow. He was carrying everyone to amazing matches.

Since you have a few weeks until WM keep him off TV. His overness can be used in angles featuring the person (Austin I'd guess) who you are passing the title to. Then he can't cause trouble because he won't be there. This isn't far from what they actually did with HBK due to the back injury (limited TV appearances and angles, some recorded from home, no matches).

Yes, it is Austin who will be taking the title from him. Can I just not use him or do I have to actually send him home?

Incidents where he'll do whatever damage he'll do that night happen before the show. The game won't know whether you plan to use him or not so he's in the building therefore you have to send him on vaca. Or send him to developmental if you have one.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm almost positive that's how it works. That part mirrors reality as well. If the company is having a show the big stars are going to be there unless they are told they don't need to be and they won't have to be on screen to have an effect on the backstage atmosphere.

Kind of late now, but you could have tried to meddle with HBK & Vader or Owen at the beginning of shows so they could potentially improve their relationship. Now you'd have to do that way more & it will take way longer doing that until everyone stops disliking Vader & Owen. Always kinda annoyed me that Shawn would be able to turn the lockerroom against Vader or Owen. Owen wouldn't have been the one to get turned on by the wrestlers IRL. Not very realistic.

Kind of late now, but you could have tried to meddle with HBK & Vader or Owen at the beginning of shows so they could potentially improve their relationship. Now you'd have to do that way more & it will take way longer doing that until everyone stops disliking Vader & Owen. Always kinda annoyed me that Shawn would be able to turn the lockerroom against Vader or Owen. Owen wouldn't have been the one to get turned on by the wrestlers IRL. Not very realistic.

I did try to settle Owen and Shawn and it had no effect

Yeah the Owen example has been cited for many years now. Was this fixed for 2020? A tweak really is all thats needed.

Honestly if you don’t feel the game is simulating Owen well I’d use the editor to undo the effects. I know that’s anathema to some but I play a game to have fun. It seems that a flaw like what is being described is as good a case for editor intervention as any.

Challenge is all fine and good so don’t overuse the editor or it’ll get boring but I think using it to remedy a flaw is fine.