Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

Maybe the African Nightmares?

To rename Botswana Beast, how about Dubwana ? It means "Monster" in Swahili, so it'd fit (even if Swahili isn't exactly a Botswana language, but I couldn't find any tswana translation on Google :D ).

As for the team itself, I kinda like "Bomaye", which (if I remember correctly) means something like "Kill him" and was shouted at Muhammad Ali when they organised a match against Foreman in Kinshasa.

African Nightmares is a wonderful name for the team and Dubwana is perfect for Botswana Beast! Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Temes1066" data-cite="Temes1066" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47434" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do you call a Tag Team of Sammy Smoke (Conman) and Hugh De Aske (Pirate)?<p> </p><p> I was thinking of calling the team "The Thieving Hour" but I want to see what you guys can come up with.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Had a few ideas for this, also I shamelessly love alliteration.</p><p> </p><p> Swashbuckler & Swindler [s&S]</p><p> High Sea Thievery</p><p> High Sea Hustle</p><p> Deception Bay</p><p> Tricks and Treasure</p><p> Oceans 2 (Like the movie ya know, Oceans 11... but there is two guys.)</p><p> Sea of Thieves</p><p> Stolen Waters</p><p> Black Flag Heist [bFH]</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Temes1066" data-cite="Temes1066" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47434" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do you call a Tag Team of Sammy Smoke (Conman) and Hugh De Aske (Pirate)?<p> </p><p> I was thinking of calling the team "The Thieving Hour" but I want to see what you guys can come up with.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Credit to HiPlus' list for inspiring this buuuuut.....</p><p> </p><p> I don't know the depth you've given Sammy...but you could give him a bit of a RVD/420 style spin and just call it High Seas.</p><p> </p><p> A couple original names I thought of are, Salty Dawgs or Salt Life (as a little tongue-in-cheek dig).</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: Had a few more enter my brain...High Tides, Red Tide, The Tide Pod, Salt of the Sea, Dead Men Tell No Tales, Damn Torpedoes, the Buccaneers, and Anchor's Away.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
Just signed Jake Crist and Jake Something to NXT. I already have Jake Atlas. I don't want so many Jakes and Atlas has seniority. Any suggestion for Crist and Something?

Jake Something -> Mr. Something or Jacob Hollows

Jake Crist -> John Crist (his real name)

Need a name for an Aleister Black and AOP stable

Also a Kassius Ohno led babyface stable. Story being Joe and Regal brought him in to mentor young talent. He'll be a babyface version of his Wrestling Genius character

For Kassius I really like the following

Ohno Academy

Kassius Academy

Halls of Ivy

I'm still fairly new to the game (3 weeks or so) but I've created a stable called Army of the Dead with Aldous Blackfriar (as Black Wraith), Zombie Boy, Devil's Daughter, and a created wrestler called The Ghoul. Also, I signed Marina Del Ray as a heel, gave her the Schemer gimmick, and she manages the men.

Looking to add a couple more in the near future (Gravedigga, maybe a couple of young lions as acolytes, etc). The overall goal is that eventually, this stable will take all the belts, require ridiculous match stipulations for title matches, and then implode (as most heel stables do).

Any ideas for a Gaijin heel stable in modern AJPW? I'm thinking they will be led by Alexander Wolfe and pull from North America, Australia, and possibly the UK for their members along with him.

I looked at Imperium, which Wolfe was a member, and looked for stuff that kind of fits a similar style.

Predominance - the state or condition of being greater in number or amount.

Sovereignty - supreme power or authority.

Ascendency - occupation of a position of dominant power or influence.

Preeminence - the fact of surpassing all others; superiority.

Preponderance - the quality or fact of being greater in number, quantity, or importance.

I looked at Imperium, which Wolfe was a member, and looked for stuff that kind of fits a similar style.

Predominance - the state or condition of being greater in number or amount.

Sovereignty - supreme power or authority.

Ascendency - occupation of a position of dominant power or influence.

Preeminence - the fact of surpassing all others; superiority.

Preponderance - the quality or fact of being greater in number, quantity, or importance.

I like Ascendency. Think I'll go with that. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="undervader" data-cite="undervader" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47434" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I need a name for a carnival-themed stable, I'm playing a 2010 RW mod as WWE and I put together 3 unknown indie/developmental guys for my NXT brand.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Carnies.</p>

Depending on whether it is going to be an "Evil-demented Carnival" or a "Funny, spectacular circus", the name could change.

Basically, if you're going for a Circus with Fiend-like characters, I'd go with something like "Bizarre Circus", or if you want to give them a manager, maybe something like "Professor Trunchbull's Eccentric Circus" or stuff like that. You could also just go with "CarnEvil", or something really simple like "Black Star Circus".

For a more babyface-ish type of carnival, either something in French like "Cirque de la Lune" (if "Cirque du Soleil" works, that one would too and has no copyright :D ) or maybe something related to the great families of circus ?

Oi!

I'm looking for a name for a sorta-French wrestling stable, that basically functions more as a MMA Camp, than a traditional wrestling stable

You could always go with the classic Legion, Foreign Legion, French Foreign Legion thing that happens a lot. When you mentioned MMA I thought of French Top Team, like BTT and ATT.

French Translation: Top équipe de France

Oi!

I'm looking for a name for a sorta-French wrestling stable, that basically functions more as a MMA Camp, than a traditional wrestling stable

I second hailthebulldog in that you could call it something like "La Légion Étrangère", although that would also give it a military vibe. Similarly, stuff like "La Défense" or "Saint-Cyr" (the name for the biggest French military school) would work if we keep that vibe.

If you want something more neutral, maybe "Les Combattants" (literally "The Fighters"), "Corps à Corps" (which would translate to "Melee" in English), "Les Pugilistes" (, or if you want to make it understandable they are in training, "Les Conscrits" ("The Conscripts" in English) ?