Cverse 2020 predictions

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few thoughts:

The SWF is either toast or in collapse. Three or four top guys - DeBones, Bruce, and Morrisette - will either be retired or only making sporadic appearances. Eric Eisen will have caused more problems backstage to compel others who could have carried the company to leave. Lullaby will have occurred at some level meaning Rich Eisen will be leaving (potentially in handcuffs), leaving a steaming duke on his desk for Jerry to clean up.

USPW will still be on top and doing pretty well. Even with the generational torch-passing going on, they have great potential and opportunities to churn out new stars to replace the old ones (such as The Cold Warriors tag team/mentorship between Karloff and Novak). They'll be bolstered by charismatic new talent (some seeking refuge from the SWF) to fill in gaps on the roster and Allen Packer's incredible financial muscle.

TCW is the great mystery to me. If they stay on Tuesdays, they're going to get beaten into the floor. If they retreat to Saturdays, they stand a much better chance at thriving.

I haven’t read through the entire thread yet so if someone else has thrown some of this out, my apologizes. Most of my thoughts are on the American scene.

Cherry Bomb leaves as the AAA booker and starts a 4th women’s company somewhere in middle America.

4th women’s company you say, who is the 3rd? Women’s wrestling returns to Las Vegas for another run with much more emphasis on wrestling than strip show.

AAA tries to push out its boundaries and is at war with the other 3 women’s only companies.

SWF finally welcomes a Diva’s division, much like the WWE early 2000’s version.

On the men’s side, the COTT welcomes a new teritory or two (FCW and RMW).

Based on Historians Dynasty, RMW will take off. The question is will they be a NW company of in the Southwest. Always seemed odd to me the default for Rocky Mt was the NW instead of the Colorado, Nevada type of region.

Brico will pull the plug on TCW. Someone will try to hold it together but they will be bought out by SOTBPW

1 company will pull out of COTT, my guess is NYCW.

Anyway I’m looking forward to Thursday

I would assume Joanne Rodriguez would be the one to start up her own company. If anything, the booker job should have went to her seeing how loyal she's been to AAA.

Not entirely sure if this is the right thread, but I'm interested in seeing what becomes of Ultra Fly. I tried running VWA (the company he's in) in the 2016 Demo, only to come across lifestyle issues he was dealing with. Severe issues at that.

For a prediction based on the 2018 mod, I think the consequences of USPW's drinking culture will rear its head. The company won't completely sink, but its reputation will take a hit (maybe due to an alcohol-influenced scandal, or even a death).