SWF: Supreme Wrestling Federation

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moafnsteel" data-cite="moafnsteel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Overall I am pretty happy with both SWF and RIPW.<p> </p><p> Who are you guys bringing in for developmental? </p><p> - I think I am going to bring in Logan Wolfsbaine, James Diaz, Dreadnaught, and probably Charlie Corner or Prime Time Jack Pryde</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Diaz and Dreadnaught certainly. Paired with Soven and Matty Faith, there's four 2nd generation guys. Probably gonna make that a stable actually.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mad5226" data-cite="mad5226" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WWE post Attitude era where they were trying to find themselves again. It's a fun time to get started in.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This!</p><p> </p><p> My thought exactly.</p>

Diaz and Dreadnaught certainly. Paired with Soven and Matty Faith, there's four 2nd generation guys. Probably gonna make that a stable actually.

I had a legacy stable in 2016 with Starr, the Gauge/Keith brothers and Faith, with Starr as the anchor, that I loved. With Gauge/Keith off the market, I was bummed that I couldn't do that again. But I forgot about SoVen, Diaz and Dreadnaught. Now I'll have to find a way for Starr to drop Trescarde, Huntingdon and Sensitive without them turning face. Maybe an 8-man tag with a breakup stipulation?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gord" data-cite="gord" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I had a legacy stable in 2016 with Starr, the Gauge/Keith brothers and Faith, with Starr as the anchor, that I loved. With Gauge/Keith off the market, I was bummed that I couldn't do that again. But I forgot about SoVen, Diaz and Dreadnaught. Now I'll have to find a way for Starr to drop Trescarde, Huntingdon and Sensitive without them turning face. Maybe an 8-man tag with a breakup stipulation?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've been asking myself that question if I want Starr to be in the stable. If so, how does that drop occur? I used Trescarde as an Evil Money Bags type guy. He paid for others to fight his fights. He bought television time from the network to cut promos on SWF television. </p><p> </p><p> As far as separating them from Starr, maybe a beat down after they lose a title match to knock them off TV for a number of weeks. Long enough to forget about them, at least. Starr gets a heel rub from injuring 2 people, and they get to come back separated from Starr, but return as heels if you'd like them to, or even return as singles. I always Paul as a main event guy, and I like Trescarde as the evil money bags, so I'll probably separate them, personally.</p>

A thing I just found is that long reigning SWF announcer Duane Fry came out as a homosexual, and the locker room reacted a lot better than a lot of people thought they would!

As a member of the LGBT community myself, this warmed my heart when I found out. Yay SWF!

Appreciate you making this point. Most of us non-gay wrestling fans don't get to hear what you guys think. If new ideas get little reaction, we are less likely to see more of it in the future and it's not something most of us will even consider being a game without a typecast to relate to as most nationalities are now covered and the females are getting their due.

Episode Count

Anybody know how many episodes of Supreme TV have happened?

Company says it opened 1972. 2020-1972=48 (x48 weeks in TEW year) = 2304. Which would mean 2304 episodes.

Given they are close to SC40 that would make sense?

Eg; current WWE, RAW 1000 was in 2012. Which was after 23 years. However it was many years till their first tv episode.

So based on swf time, Supreme TV would have hit 1000 in 20-21 years in game time?

So realistically what would SWF be at for Supreme TV?

<p>Well i certainly have been finding it hard to book SWF so far. Fell to medium after week 2's TV, which i accepted because the wrestling industry on my save is at 15 and falling still. But my TV ratings have been honestly awful, i got at 61 week 1, and 71 week 2. The broadcaster requires 81! i always find it hard to book quality main events at the beginning of a save, maybe I'm not the only one who has that trouble? </p><p> </p><p>

On a positive note, i came up with a storyline I'm quite proud of very early on in the save.I decided to chuck Atom Smasher and Angry Gilmore into a feud to accomplish a few things.</p><p>

1. To use more higher overness talent in storylines so they would hopefully bump my grades.</p><p>

2. Get some use of of Smasher's Midas Touch that he starts with.</p><p>

3. Having Gilmore start to put over some talent as it seems from his bio he's pretty much always going to be in decline now (which i'm very upset about because his presence in SWF always seemed vital to me as guy who was a great in ring worker, which isn't as important in SWF i guess).</p><p> </p><p>

Atom Smasher started targeting Gilmore as he was the next "villain" that needed to be taken out of SWF. I'm playing Smasher as if he's a hero gone wrong, someone who now doesn't know right from wrong and sees everyone except for himself as evil. I always like to comic book aspect to his character so it makes sense that his heel turn is a classic hero's downfall type. I ran the PPV and they only got an 82 however. Which i was hoping for more but there was a ding for both being in decline, so now i don't know whether to push Smasher still. Seems like he could be perfect to feud with Golden next. </p><p> </p><p>

Anyone got any good stories, matches etc since they started?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KingAj" data-cite="KingAj" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anybody know how many episodes of Supreme TV have happened?<p> </p><p> Company says it opened 1972. 2020-1972=48 (x48 weeks in TEW year) = 2304. Which would mean 2304 episodes.</p><p> </p><p> Given they are close to SC40 that would make sense?</p><p> </p><p> Eg; current WWE, RAW 1000 was in 2012. Which was after 23 years. However it was many years till their first tv episode.</p><p> </p><p> So based on swf time, Supreme TV would have hit 1000 in 20-21 years in game time?</p><p> </p><p> So realistically what would SWF be at for Supreme TV?</p></div></blockquote><p> WWE didnt start RAW right away though, Supreme TV is not likely to have been on for their whole existence, likely not even the whole of Supreme Challenge's existence.</p><p> </p><p> I would say around 1000 is pretty realistic personally.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Strieth" data-cite="Strieth" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Appreciate you making this point. Most of us non-gay wrestling fans don't get to hear what you guys think. If new ideas get little reaction, we are less likely to see more of it in the future and it's not something most of us will even consider being a game without a typecast to relate to as most nationalities are now covered and the females are getting their due.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think the perfect LGBT "gimmick" is how Fry is in SWF now, AKA still himself but having a come out moment. I want something like that to happen eventually in a major American company irl. I know Joey Ryan did a gimmick like that on the independence, a come out promo would be so heart warming if done right.</p>

Well i certainly have been finding it hard to book SWF so far. Fell to medium after week 2's TV, which i accepted because the wrestling industry on my save is at 15 and falling still. But my TV ratings have been honestly awful, i got at 61 week 1, and 71 week 2. The broadcaster requires 81! i always find it hard to book quality main events at the beginning of a save, maybe I'm not the only one who has that trouble?

On a positive note, i came up with a storyline I'm quite proud of very early on in the save.I decided to chuck Atom Smasher and Angry Gilmore into a feud to accomplish a few things.

1. To use more higher overness talent in storylines so they would hopefully bump my grades.

2. Get some use of of Smasher's Midas Touch that he starts with.

3. Having Gilmore start to put over some talent as it seems from his bio he's pretty much always going to be in decline now (which i'm very upset about because his presence in SWF always seemed vital to me as guy who was a great in ring worker, which isn't as important in SWF i guess).

Atom Smasher started targeting Gilmore as he was the next "villain" that needed to be taken out of SWF. I'm playing Smasher as if he's a hero gone wrong, someone who now doesn't know right from wrong and sees everyone except for himself as evil. I always like to comic book aspect to his character so it makes sense that his heel turn is a classic hero's downfall type. I ran the PPV and they only got an 82 however. Which i was hoping for more but there was a ding for both being in decline, so now i don't know whether to push Smasher still. Seems like he could be perfect to feud with Golden next.

Anyone got any good stories, matches etc since they started?

I haven't been putting my full effort into it, but my grades haven't been great either, and I fell to medium after the first PPV (I don't have enough good storylines going, but I shouldn't since I don't have Gilmore, Crippler or Starr doing anything).

I had Eric Eisen come out and book a match between Davids and Brown (all 3 in angle) and it only got a 68, and with the new "there wasn't anything happening in the angle" penalty now, a postmatch staredown between Golden and #1 contender Joey Morgan got a 62. Anybody tried different combinations to simulate that without doing Entertainment or Fighting?

WWE didnt start RAW right away though, Supreme TV is not likely to have been on for their whole existence, likely not even the whole of Supreme Challenge's existence.

I would say around 1000 is pretty realistic personally.

Yeah that actually sounds about right tbh. Thanks!

I haven't been putting my full effort into it, but my grades haven't been great either, and I fell to medium after the first PPV (I don't have enough good storylines going, but I shouldn't since I don't have Gilmore, Crippler or Starr doing anything).

I had Eric Eisen come out and book a match between Davids and Brown (all 3 in angle) and it only got a 68, and with the new "there wasn't anything happening in the angle" penalty now, a postmatch staredown between Golden and #1 contender Joey Morgan got a 62. Anybody tried different combinations to simulate that without doing Entertainment or Fighting?

A 68 makes sense though. Des is a 71 and Lenny at 58, I believe. I’m not quite sure what Eric is right now (as I don’t have the game in front of me), But 68 seems relatively on point. How long did the segment go for?

Christian Faith and Freddie Garcia seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. Am I missing something? Are they under a different name? I know Faith left the business in 2016 but I thought he would still be searchable.

Garcia just goes by Frederique now, in FCW.

Four minutes. I'm not saying I was expecting an 85, but based on my experience in 2016, Eisen (who is at 74 pop) with his entertainment skills should/would have gotten in the 70s. You could be right though. Maybe 2020 has a new grading system that I need to get used to?

Well i certainly have been finding it hard to book SWF so far. Fell to medium after week 2's TV, which i accepted because the wrestling industry on my save is at 15 and falling still. But my TV ratings have been honestly awful, i got at 61 week 1, and 71 week 2. The broadcaster requires 81! i always find it hard to book quality main events at the beginning of a save, maybe I'm not the only one who has that trouble?

Reading this makes me happy as I dont feel like I'm total trash lol. I booked a main event week 2 of Crippler vs Gilmore as that was always a go to match for a good rating, and I want to get Crippler towards a title win. Match got a 58. I was shocked. It seems the high level workers needing a storyline to pop a good rating is true. I was slightly stunned.

I'm looking for potential hires to be mouthpieces for stables. Canonically, would Sam Keith not accept a job from SWF, seeing that he owns MAW, which is in a friendly/developmental relationship with TCW?

The good talkers with at least 50 pop in the USA:

American Buffalo

Jack Bruce

Joanne Rodriguez

Ricky Dale Johnson

Ross Henry

Sam Keith

Skull DeBones

Other than maybe Ross Henry, none of those really seem to fit what I'm looking for based off of their history/recent experience.

I'm looking for potential hires to be mouthpieces for stables. Canonically, would Sam Keith not accept a job from SWF, seeing that he owns MAW, which is in a friendly/developmental relationship with TCW?

The good talkers with at least 50 pop in the USA:

American Buffalo

Jack Bruce

Joanne Rodriguez

Ricky Dale Johnson

Ross Henry

Sam Keith

Skull DeBones

Other than maybe Ross Henry, none of those really seem to fit what I'm looking for based off of their history/recent experience.

If you could talk Bruce into being a manager that sounds like an awesome fit!

If you could talk Bruce into being a manager that sounds like an awesome fit!

He would, but ~$113,000/month is a little steep for a manager! (Although now that I look at it, he'd be MUCH cheaper on a PPA contract.) But if I pulled the trigger, there's the decision of making him a heel stable manager, that probably wouldn't work well IRL due to his legend status (crowd wouldn't buy it), or making him a face manager to do battle with maybe commissioner/authority Eric Eisen?

On another note WRT Bruce, I fell to medium size as I'm just messing around with the new game mechanics, and I'm not big enough to hire him!

He would, but ~$113,000/month is a little steep for a manager! (Although now that I look at it, he'd be MUCH cheaper on a PPA contract.) But if I pulled the trigger, there's the decision of making him a heel stable manager, that probably wouldn't work well IRL due to his legend status (crowd wouldn't buy it), or making him a face manager to do battle with maybe commissioner/authority Eric Eisen?

On another note WRT Bruce, I fell to medium size as I'm just messing around with the new game mechanics, and I'm not big enough to hire him!

I mean if you do it convincingly it could be pretty awesome! Maybe his reasoning it pettyness over Rocky taking his place, bitterness over his own retirement. Stuff like that could Def work!

... Maybe his reasoning it pettyness over Rocky taking his place, bitterness over his own retirement. Stuff like that could Def work!

I do like that part. Establish a stable with the intention of taking Golden out, since Golden 'retired' Bruce.

It would obviously work in the game, but in my head, having a legend like that come back as a heel is sketchy, because I don't think the crowd would let them be a heel. But as long as I push that nagging thought into the outer recesses of my mind...

I do like that part. Establish a stable with the intention of taking Golden out, since Golden 'retired' Bruce.

It would obviously work in the game, but in my head, having a legend like that come back as a heel is sketchy, because I don't think the crowd would let them be a heel. But as long as I push that nagging thought into the outer recesses of my mind...

Yeah, it has really varied from instance to instance in circumstances like that. Sometimes the fans don't buy the heel turn, sometimes they do. Maybe that will be emulated in the game if the gimmick you debut him with fails haha

I just personally love booking bitter legends beating up the new crop, he could send people after Rocky, but a bounty on Rocky's leg being broken. Stuff like that I always find interesting

It’s all about how you sell it. Jack would need to take cheap shots at the fans; regularly. Some fans will still cheer him but, in actions, he will show that he cares nothing for the fans.

The biggest conceptual challenge would be about your payoff. Jack is retired after losing a retirement match. That said, it would make it a hard sell for him to return for a match. Of course, some have come back after a retirement match but that depends on how iron-clad you want that to be.

Without a match, where would your payoff come from?

It’s all about how you sell it. Jack would need to take cheap shots at the fans; regularly. Some fans will still cheer him but, in actions, he will show that he cares nothing for the fans.

The biggest conceptual challenge would be about your payoff. Jack is retired after losing a retirement match. That said, it would make it a hard sell for him to return for a match. Of course, some have come back after a retirement match but that depends on how iron-clad you want that to be.

Without a match, where would your payoff come from?

I like the thought of him berading the fans, maybe for moving on so quickly.

For a pay off, if you have the right guy as an "heir" in his stable, I think that guy vs Rocky can be great if built up properly. No it's not Bruce, but it is someone Bruce sees himself as.

I like the thought of him berading the fans, maybe for moving on so quickly.

For a pay off, if you have the right guy as an "heir" in his stable, I think that guy vs Rocky can be great if built up properly. No it's not Bruce, but it is someone Bruce sees himself as.

True, Rocky 5.

(... Which was the worst one, BTW)

Bruce could take a bump during or after the match, too.