[HYPE] The YES! Mod - May 2013

Always nice to hear. Curious what areas are most interesting to you? Who would you be looking to run, who would you be looking to push, etc?

Here most likely going to be WWE and NJPW (how original I know.)

Random question, but since it's the timeframe... do you have a narrative set for the Mutoh/AJPW beef that went down? That's pretty much within the first month of the mod iirc.

Maybe an AJPW game where I try to build around Go.

As for pushes? Obviously Bryan. I want to use the Wyatts to try and get Harper and Rowan (and others possibly) over (honestly I just want to use Bray as a manager/mouthpiece/whatever. Very rarely would he have matches.) Maybe the Big Guy. I forget if this was at the height of his populatiry? I remember RAW popping for him so hard the hard cam shook.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always nice to hear. Curious what areas are most interesting to you? Who would you be looking to run, who would you be looking to push, etc?

And got some more feedback on the mod. Pretty positive. Some great tweaks and things to adjust, but the overall impression seems solidly positive, which is always nice and encouraging.

Can not wait to play as NXT and WWE

I'm looking forward to getting my paws on this one.

Booking WWE at the rise of Daniel Bryan, but doing it the right way? Bringing The Wyatt Family up the right way? Avoiding The Authority? Stopping Brock from breaking The Streak? So many opportunities.

Yeah, there is quite a bit that happened in the WWE in the next 2-3 years that should be very fun to redo. The breakup - or not breakup - of The Shield. The formation of the New Day. The development of NXT into something special. The women's revolution. The launch of the WWE Network. And obviously the departure of CM Punk.

i wish i was one of the lucky ones who got to test the data lmao

Well, you will. What's going on right isn't testing in a proper sense. There will be a beta release at some point, which you - and everyone else - will be very very very welcome to participate in playing the mod and hopefully provide feedback to help me make it even better.

Here most likely going to be WWE and NJPW (how original I know.)

Random question, but since it's the timeframe... do you have a narrative set for the Mutoh/AJPW beef that went down? That's pretty much within the first month of the mod iirc.

Maybe an AJPW game where I try to build around Go.

As for pushes? Obviously Bryan. I want to use the Wyatts to try and get Harper and Rowan (and others possibly) over (honestly I just want to use Bray as a manager/mouthpiece/whatever. Very rarely would he have matches.) Maybe the Big Guy. I forget if this was at the height of his populatiry? I remember RAW popping for him so hard the hard cam shook.

That's a pretty solid use for Wyatt, to be honest. And the best way to keep him with an aura for as long as possible.

Ryback should be pushable but he would be a tough guy to headline on a consistent basis.

And as for All Japan... The current set up is that Mutoh is a free agent but on an absence until he forms W1. Everyone who left with him or just after him is still on the AJPW roster but with negative morale. I know that Shiraishi didn't take over until the start of June and Mutoh technically didn't resign until the end of June, but I couldn't see a way to force the Speed Partners situation and exodus otherwise. I mean, I could have Mutoh still on the roster with a couple of elements to make sure he leaves to form W1 but this felt cleaner since he wasn't wrestling for AJPW after March.

The negative morale that about 1/3 of the roster starts with doesn't force them to leave when their contracts up are (all set for 3 months in), but some do. But if the user is running AJPW, its a mess of morale issues to handle right off the start. I could give them all a hatred relationship of Shiraishi to ensure they leave but then the user is kinda locked in.

All that said, nothing is locked in and I'm open to suggestions.

Can not wait to play as NXT and WWE

Awesome to hear.

A small update... had a long weekend but a roadtrip left very little time to work on things. I've been mostly focusing on adding some lineages and events. I tackled one thing that I was dreading - the schedule for Big Japan Pro Wrestling. its an ugly ugly thing. I still have to do schedules for some of the smaller puro companies (Osaka Pro, Michinoku Pro, etc) and some joshi companies. Well, and some elsewhere but those are the ones that take more work.

And as for All Japan... The current set up is that Mutoh is a free agent but on an absence until he forms W1. Everyone who left with him or just after him is still on the AJPW roster but with negative morale. I know that Shiraishi didn't take over until the start of June and Mutoh technically didn't resign until the end of June, but I couldn't see a way to force the Speed Partners situation and exodus otherwise. I mean, I could have Mutoh still on the roster with a couple of elements to make sure he leaves to form W1 but this felt cleaner since he wasn't wrestling for AJPW after March.

The negative morale that about 1/3 of the roster starts with doesn't force them to leave when their contracts up are (all set for 3 months in), but some do. But if the user is running AJPW, its a mess of morale issues to handle right off the start. I could give them all a hatred relationship of Shiraishi to ensure they leave but then the user is kinda locked in.

All that said, nothing is locked in and I'm open to suggestions.

Nice. Honestly I have no idea what a good or bad way to do it in game is, but it sounds like a nice little challenge to take part in. I think that type of thing would be better worked out through multiple plays in the save anyways. Appreciate the updates.

Nice. Honestly I have no idea what a good or bad way to do it in game is, but it sounds like a nice little challenge to take part in. I think that type of thing would be better worked out through multiple plays in the save anyways. Appreciate the updates.

It will definitely be a challenge for a user. Less of a challenge for the AI but ah well.

Cannot wait to do an Impact game on this

Technically still TNA back then lol. Still had a very interesting roster but the finances will make it a bit challenging to keep everyone in place. But.... there is a huge amount of talent on the indy scene that you can go after and build up.

And a bit of a status update.... Haven't added a lot to the data recently, as I had to go thru the 2020 Cverse and find a new list of workers to use as the bases for the next batch of workers to go in. The entire of list workers is about 450 long - that's active male and female, and yet-to-debut male and female. I found matches for almost all of the active workers, and yet-to-debut workers will mostly be based on templates. There are also quite a few non-wrestlers to be added. And while I will still have to do some digging for workers that are missing, its nice to be getting that much closer to an endpoint.

Oh, and I got the Big Japan schedule done up. Mostly....

• 3 weeks later...

Figured it was time to drop an update. Got back to adding workers into the data. Rather than focusing on adding active workers who are on the rosters of companies in the data, I was rotating through workers from all sections of the list. So some yet-to-debut workers were going in as well. then i took a bit of a break from adding workers to dig up cut for workers as that saves a step when it comes to actually adding them. I have a batch of about 100 workers who I couldn't find existing cuts for that I will do up. I should get back to adding workers in the next few days.

I'm still hesitating to put a time-stamp on when a beta will be available, but we are inching closer to that point.

Figured it was time to drop an update. Got back to adding workers into the data. Rather than focusing on adding active workers who are on the rosters of companies in the data, I was rotating through workers from all sections of the list. So some yet-to-debut workers were going in as well. then i took a bit of a break from adding workers to dig up cut for workers as that saves a step when it comes to actually adding them. I have a batch of about 100 workers who I couldn't find existing cuts for that I will do up. I should get back to adding workers in the next few days.

I'm still hesitating to put a time-stamp on when a beta will be available, but we are inching closer to that point.

Can't wait for this amazing mod bro. Hyped af for playing with NXT.

If you want some help for cut outs, ask me.

Can't wait for this amazing mod bro. Hyped af for playing with NXT.

If you want some help for cut outs, ask me.

Amazing? Hopefully but we'll wait to see what you folks think of it when we get to that stage.

Appreciate the offer. I actually got through the stack of images I had built up so no outstanding cuts required at the moment. There are a few individuals that I can't find cuttable pics for at all, but I've shelved most of those rather than add them to the data. Most of are minimal value to the game world.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hfromthe2" data-cite="hfromthe2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47546" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Cannot wait for the mod! Rebooking the YES Movement will be very fun. You might mentioned earlier in the thread. But when is the start date in the database?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> May 2013. </p><p> </p><p> I was tempted to start it earlier, but that would put it ahead of the "Rematch of the Century" and mean The Rock was on the WWE roster. While that might be fun to book, it would basically mean the AI uses him as a roster regular and he would draw monster grades constantly.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Small update due to having a question / request to post. Ended up focusing on the active female list of workers to add and pretty much finished it out. So I decided to do company checks for the all of the all-women companies in the data. That's three companies in the US (Shimmer, Shine and WSU), one in the UK (Eve), and eight joshi companies. The company check is basically focusing on each company individually. I usually fire up a save with them and check things like the product, size, announcers, schedules, and title lineages. Some of the joshi companies were missing schedules, title lineages, or both. So been getting those done. I have to add the Sendai Girls schedule and the title lineages for Stardom, as well as address Tokyo Joshi Pro. I'll also mention that doing title lineages has helped me find a handful of missing workers who are worth having in the data, which often happens and why I'm always loathe to get someone else to tackle the process.

Speaking of TJP, I'm really reconsidering having them as an active company in the data. They started running shows in January and had run 3 shows (January, March, and April ) by the time the mod starts in May. But the problem is that they weren't full propre shows, from what I understand. They had 2 matches each and they were exhibition matches with dojo trainees. Those trainees technically debuted in August. So the roster is essentially empty. If leave TJP as active, they will add workers but the roster is then much different than what it really was. They sometimes sign some known joshi workers, which makes it fairly different from real TJP. I could move up the debut dates so the workers are already active, giving them a partial roster. Or I could move the opening date of TJP to something like August 2013 so the company opens as the talent debuts. To be determined.

My main reason for posting... requesting some assistance. The belt images are unfortunately a bit of a mix right now. My preferred belt cuts are C-verse style - straight on view of the belts with the white cloudy background. I've been using Fkepod's cuts where possible and the other cuts are a mix. But I'm not finding any cuts at all of many joshi belts. Stardom is the only one where I've found all of them. Most other companies are missing some, if not at all. I've also been trying to find cuttable images of the belts but that doesn't seem so easy either - which is probably why there aren't any cuts out there. So two questions...

Anyone have any suggestions on where to find decent resolution images of the belts for joshi companies like Oz, Sendai Girls, Ice Ribbon, JWP?

Second, if there are cuttable pics to be found, anyone up for doing some cuts? I don't mind doing worker cuts as the organic style is so easy, but belts require a bit more work.

Still working on the others. ;)

JWP

0SeFXgv.jpgOse5hH4.jpgDfUgBR1.jpgfGic6Yw.jpgwQVRtFl.jpg

Daily Sports Tag Team - JWP Junior - POP - JWP Openweight - JWP Tag Team

Ice Ribbon

t3nA6xf.jpgR9hQmSl.jpgSQWq1VQ.jpg4EC2DeG.jpgfzcqpPz.jpg

Icex60 - IcexInfinity - Triangle - International Tag Team - IW-19

OZ Academy

riVhrBJ.jpgdvhSYiS.jpgTYxvJ9L.jpg

OZ Openweight (Old) - OZ Openweight (New) - Oz Tag Team

WAVE

VSqgs25.jpg5Yk8gix.jpg

Regina di WAVE - WAVE Tag Team

Gatoh Move

1305pcm.jpg8fJJB1e.jpg

Super Asia - Asia Dream Tag Team

Tokyo Joshi Pro

kZkbtks.jpgvWQl5c7.jpgRo54xZv.jpg

Princess of Princess - Princess Tag Team - International Princess

Can't download them until after work, but dude.... thank you tons. Very much appreciated.

I'm not doing the company checks for the puro companies just yet, but when i was working on them before, there were a few smaller indy companies with belts that were hard to find as well. So I might be asking for a few more down the road. Even just cuttable images.

Can't download them until after work, but dude.... thank you tons. Very much appreciated.

I'm not doing the company checks for the puro companies just yet, but when i was working on them before, there were a few smaller indy companies with belts that were hard to find as well. So I might be asking for a few more down the road. Even just cuttable images.

No problem. I'll help as much as possible. Here are the rest you asked for:

Sendai Girls

doYCeP8.jpgJboKbAK.jpgMVnJWUd.jpg

World - Tag Team - Junior

STARDOM

Cxoqi3c.jpgwnhhtdF.jpgfzF4MKF.jpgH8Xc4UL.jpg0s16m3t.jpg9r9Pi3a.jpg2EaWEM3.jpg

World of STARDOM - Wonder of STARDOM - Goddesses of STARDOM - Artist of STARDOM - Future of STARDOM - High Speed - SWA Undisputed

64S1f83.jpg

Tatsunori Oya

I couldn't find any quality pictures of the others, unfortunately.

<p>Thanks gents. </p><p> </p><p>

Mentioned it before, NowThenMates, but the indy scene is kinda loaded. That's true of the US, but also the UK and Australia. Even Japan to an extent. Much of the NXT scene of the past few years and almost all of NXT UK is there to hire - with some game area restrictions, obviously. A bunch are already in bigger indy companies, like Roddy Strong and Kevin Steen in ROH. But there is a ton of options to build around, and a lot more who debut as you go forward. From the testing I've done (as stated before, I haven't focused too heavily on testing yet), the WWE doesn't raid the indy scenes to quite the same extent as they really did. I want to play with that balance a bit more but I would kind prefer not to see the AI-run WWE just sign everyone in sight and release no one. </p><p> </p><p>

As a status update, I've done a few more company checks and have been mostly focusing on adding workers from the active male wrestlers list.</p>

Ran into a small issue and I figured I would ask for thoughts. I realized the other day that NXT-UK wasn't in the data so I created it. But quickly ran into an issue. I can't have the relationship between WWE and NXT-UK (or NXT and NXT-UK for that matter) pre-set. Which means WWE NXT-UK debuts as a stand-alone company, which isn't really ideal. An easy solution which had toyed with before would be having a "WWE Universe" alliance with talent-trading, which can be pre-set for NXT-UK. The problem is that won't allow them to function as a developmental brand and have workers moving up to the main roster. If its not possible to set it up so that the company opens up and functions quite similar to how they actually do, I could also just NOT add them, allowing those who run the WWE to create the company whenever they want. Anyone have thoughts on a preferred approach with NXT-UK opening?

And might as well give a small update. Still adding workers but also been doing company checks. I tackled Michinoku Pro, Osaka Pro, Kaientai Dojo, and Pro Wrestling FREEDOMS and they are all done. I also tackled the DDT title lineages which, I think, pretty much finishes off the Japanese companies beyond adding in a few more active workers. The DDT lineages means tackling the Ironmanheavymetalweight title and its 962 lineage entries. I will be doing that one gradually.

I would like to get the company checks done before a beta release. There are still quite a few companies in the US (16), Canada (3), Mexico (5) and the UK (10). Some them are already compete but I just need to check them to be sure. Others will need schedules, lineages or both. Thankfully most companies don't have long histories with tons of lineages to worry about. Except for lucha libre, but thankfully the way they treat titles (champions who hold them for years without defending them) makes those lineages a bit less painful.