[HYPE] The YES! Mod - May 2013

<p>Small update - I've decided to jump back into adding workers after focusing on other elements for a bit. As I'm looking at additional worker additions that might be required to flesh out the rosters of some of the rosters of the smaller independent companies, and I'm starting to question the value that a few different companies add to the data. I've already mentioned All Star Wrestling (UK) and All Pro Wrestling (US). </p><p> </p><p>

I'm not overly worried about processing speed or anything like that. I'm mulling them for basically the same factors that made me consider whether ASW and APW should be in the data. Many weren't running particularly regular schedules (making it hard to replicate accurately in TEW), many had a lot of similar talent as other indy companies, exclusive talent are fairly low level (and some will be in the data anyway), some of them overlap with other companies in the same regions, and some closed not too far down the road. By themselves, none of these factors mean a company shouldn't be in the data, but its just making me consider them. In terms of the talent to add, I have no fundamental issue in adding "low level" workers as I think they have a role. But they can take time, because some require cuts to be done and it can be hard to find any specific information for them (DOB, etc). </p><p> </p><p>

I think there is something like 60 active promotions in the data, plus around 10 yet to debut. So pretty much every region is covered. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>All Star Wrestling</strong> - as already mentioned, loads of companies in the UK. ASW are a pretty old school company that is a bit tough to get the AI to emulate. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>All Pro Wrestling</strong> - as already mentioned, a Cali indy company</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Women Superstars Uncensored</strong> - one of three US-based all-women companies along with Shimmer and Shine. Ran a smaller schedule in 2013. I initially added them because I felt bad that Japan had so many joshi companies but unlike Japan, a lot of US indies have women on the roster. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Full Impact Pro</strong> - might just be my perception, but they seem like they were a fairly important indy promotion in the 00s but much less so by 2013. Besides being part of WWN, I don't know they add a lot</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Scottish Wrestling Alliance</strong> - Scotland has ICW. The UK as a whole has Attack, Progress, Fight Club Pro, IPW-UK, Preston City, ASW, Eve, and OTT will open in Ireland. I like the idea of the UK+Ireland scene have lots of active companies to help develop the talent that is there, but there is a tipping point where there are more companies than are really necessary. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>International Pro Wresting - United Kingdom</strong> - see above, really. Closed in early 2020 but from what I understand, wasn't particularly well regarded due to booking. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Preston City Wrestling</strong> - leaning moreso to keeping PCW ahead of ASW and IPW-UK, but its another that feels like overkill on the scene. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Independent Wrestling Association - Mid South</strong> - deathmatch / hardcore wrestling in the US has CZW, and GCW will open. IWA-MS had some real talent in the early 00s but a decade later? Less so. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Squared Circle Wrestling</strong> - another New York indy. Its in Syracuse but that won't matter in TEW terms. Closed in 2015. Not sure how it separates from companies like AAW, AIW, OVW, etc. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dragon Gate USA</strong> - I originally didn't have DGUSA in the data because in TEW2016, the DG-DGUSA relationship couldn't be emulated very well. The company would end up being like Dragon Pro Wrestling in the ThunderVerse, in that really talented Japanese junior wrestlers on the roster would result in fantastic grades and the company would invariably grow rapidly. I added them in largely due to new company relationships. DGUSA actually closed in early 2014, so they only had 8 more shows after the mod starts. They also have a heavy overlap with Evolve (which is on the mod) in regard to both talent and the product. </p><p> </p><p>

So basically, I'm curious if anyone feels like these companies are definitely adding value to the mod in their eyes and would prefer to see them kept in?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm not going to hit delete on any of them just yet. I'm mulling it. But I do decide to scrap a company (or several), rather than putting hours into competing their rosters (again, mostly adding in lower-level workers that work JUST for them), ensuring they have schedules, doing title and title lineages.... I can instead put those modding hours into finishing other elements and things would be that much closer to a beta release. If I delete some of them, I might look to add additional future companies in to compensate.</p>

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47546" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Small update - I've decided to jump back into adding workers after focusing on other elements for a bit. As I'm looking at additional worker additions that might be required to flesh out the rosters of some of the rosters of the smaller independent companies, and I'm starting to question the value that a few different companies add to the data. I've already mentioned All Star Wrestling (UK) and All Pro Wrestling (US). <p> </p><p> I'm not overly worried about processing speed or anything like that. I'm mulling them for basically the same factors that made me consider whether ASW and APW should be in the data. Many weren't running particularly regular schedules (making it hard to replicate accurately in TEW), many had a lot of similar talent as other indy companies, exclusive talent are fairly low level (and some will be in the data anyway), some of them overlap with other companies in the same regions, and some closed not too far down the road. By themselves, none of these factors mean a company shouldn't be in the data, but its just making me consider them. In terms of the talent to add, I have no fundamental issue in adding "low level" workers as I think they have a role. But they can take time, because some require cuts to be done and it can be hard to find any specific information for them (DOB, etc). </p><p> </p><p> I think there is something like 60 active promotions in the data, plus around 10 yet to debut. So pretty much every region is covered. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>All Star Wrestling</strong> - as already mentioned, loads of companies in the UK. ASW are a pretty old school company that is a bit tough to get the AI to emulate. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>All Pro Wrestling</strong> - as already mentioned, a Cali indy company</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Women Superstars Uncensored</strong> - one of three US-based all-women companies along with Shimmer and Shine. Ran a smaller schedule in 2013. I initially added them because I felt bad that Japan had so many joshi companies but unlike Japan, a lot of US indies have women on the roster. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Full Impact Pro</strong> - might just be my perception, but they seem like they were a fairly important indy promotion in the 00s but much less so by 2013. Besides being part of WWN, I don't know they add a lot</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Scottish Wrestling Alliance</strong> - Scotland has ICW. The UK as a whole has Attack, Progress, Fight Club Pro, IPW-UK, Preston City, ASW, Eve, and OTT will open in Ireland. I like the idea of the UK+Ireland scene have lots of active companies to help develop the talent that is there, but there is a tipping point where there are more companies than are really necessary. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>International Pro Wresting - United Kingdom</strong> - see above, really. Closed in early 2020 but from what I understand, wasn't particularly well regarded due to booking. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Preston City Wrestling</strong> - leaning moreso to keeping PCW ahead of ASW and IPW-UK, but its another that feels like overkill on the scene. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Independent Wrestling Association - Mid South</strong> - deathmatch / hardcore wrestling in the US has CZW, and GCW will open. IWA-MS had some real talent in the early 00s but a decade later? Less so. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Squared Circle Wrestling</strong> - another New York indy. Its in Syracuse but that won't matter in TEW terms. Closed in 2015. Not sure how it separates from companies like AAW, AIW, OVW, etc. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Dragon Gate USA</strong> - I originally didn't have DGUSA in the data because in TEW2016, the DG-DGUSA relationship couldn't be emulated very well. The company would end up being like Dragon Pro Wrestling in the ThunderVerse, in that really talented Japanese junior wrestlers on the roster would result in fantastic grades and the company would invariably grow rapidly. I added them in largely due to new company relationships. DGUSA actually closed in early 2014, so they only had 8 more shows after the mod starts. They also have a heavy overlap with Evolve (which is on the mod) in regard to both talent and the product. </p><p> </p><p> So basically, I'm curious if anyone feels like these companies are definitely adding value to the mod in their eyes and would prefer to see them kept in?</p><p> </p><p> I'm not going to hit delete on any of them just yet. I'm mulling it. But I do decide to scrap a company (or several), rather than putting hours into competing their rosters (again, mostly adding in lower-level workers that work JUST for them), ensuring they have schedules, doing title and title lineages.... I can instead put those modding hours into finishing other elements and things would be that much closer to a beta release. If I delete some of them, I might look to add additional future companies in to compensate.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think PCW & DG-USA are the ones I'd lean towards keeping</p>

I must re-iterate that I'm really looking forward to this game and thanks a lot for your hard work. I'm sure this is gonna be one of the finest data's on TEW13 due to all of the detail and thought gone into it.

As for requests for workers, I would like to see: Jay Briscoe, Michael Elgin, Riho, Sumie Sakai & Steve Corino (I hope this isn't too many!)

Thanks again!

SWA still had the Source wrestling school around this time so maybe worth keeping them in with the tie in to the wrestling school? Fair amount of name UK talent has come through that school (and as an added fact, they had the original rights to the NXT branding that WWE had to buy off them).

Thanks for the feedback, gents. As I mentioned, I'm not deleting anything out of the data in the short term. But I will give more thought to a couple of these. Could end up keeping all of them, as all of them are at least partially-done.

@Jaysin - I've toyed with how best to integrate WWN, and did actually think about having them as a brand-separated company. But that still has some concerns. It seems that any which way you set them up, something won't quite work. One of those things I will probably have to mess around with more in the testing phase.

@MHero - good point. PM'd you a question.

So as a follow, these are mostly companies I'm not massively familiar with. I've seen some matches but few full shows. So if anyone has suggestions on the products for any of them, I'm open.

And as requested...

Jay Briscoe

Michael Elgin

Riho

Sumie Sakai

Steve Corino

I almost want to say IWA:MS is worth saving just to have another US deathmatch fed and after seeing them run a packed gym with no social distancing the other week during a pandemic, I feel like it can't hurt having an extra scumbag owner is needed in the game.

I almost want to say IWA:MS is worth saving just to have another US deathmatch fed and after seeing them run a packed gym with no social distancing the other week during a pandemic, I feel like it can't hurt having an extra scumbag owner is needed in the game.

No shortage of scumbag owners, to be honest.

So none of these companies have been deleted and probably won't make any decisions until closer to the beta release. I may just avoid finishing off a couple of them and then decide if I want to deal with them at the end.

Small update... Hit 1860 workers. Added some but focus has moreso been on getting the Attributes done for the workers already in the data. I am almost through the workers starting with F, which means I'm getting fairly close. Getting through the C workers will take awhile, but at least the process is getting closer to being done. Which means we are that much closer to a beta release. The list of to-add male workers is about 200 names long, plus another 50-70 females. And then some research to find other missing active workers. Also got help tweaking the CMLL roster, which helps with the polish.

I updated the front page with the most recent info, including a new Top 25 workers, as the game shows them on the Power 500.

Top Workers in Game -

1. Hiroshi Tanahashi
  2. Bryan Danielson
  3. Negro Casas
  4. Kazuchika Okada
  5. CM Punk
  6. Chris Jericho
  7. Kota Ibushi
  8. AJ Styles
  9. La Sombra
  10. Rey Mysterio
  11. YAMATO
  12. Tetsuya Naito
  13. CIMA
  14. Shinsuke Nakamura
  15. Perro Aguayo Jr
  16. Averno
  17. Mistico
  18. Kenny Omega
  19. John Cena
  20. Naomichi Marufuji
  21. KENTA
  22. Masaaki Mochizuki
  23. Mephisto
  24. Ultimo Guerrero
  25. Kurt Angle
  26. El Generico
  27. Psycho Clown
  28. Manami Toyota
  29. Nick Nemeth
  30. Triple H
  31. Fergal Devitt
  32. La Parka
  33. Jushin Liger
  34. Christian Cage
  35. Aero Star
  36. Atlantis
  37. Katsuyori Shibata
  38. The Undertaker
  39. Chessman
  40. Dos Caras Jr

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jameschaos" data-cite="jameschaos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47546" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't in yet, but I'd be curious to see Mike Bailey</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh, he's been in the data for quite awhile. Could yet get tweaked... although that's true of almost everyone. </p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://imgur.com/a/lbd674a" rel="external nofollow">Mike Bailey</a></p>

Oh, he's been in the data for quite awhile. Could yet get tweaked... although that's true of almost everyone.

Mike Bailey

nice, I did notice what I think was a minor mistake in his bio.

it reads "and that martial arts background not bleeds into his in ring style"

should be "and that martial arts background not only bleeds into his in ring style"

more of a nitpick than anything, looking forward to the mod :)

nice, I did notice what I think was a minor mistake in his bio.

it reads "and that martial arts background not bleeds into his in ring style"

should be "and that martial arts background not only bleeds into his in ring style"

more of a nitpick than anything, looking forward to the mod :)

Not a nitpick at all and appreciate you catching it. There will be a few of those in the data. For the first while, I wrote the bios right in the TEW window. I started to spot some little errors and started using a word document. That catches some, but not all.

Any other requests anyone has, call em out.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="beatingstuff88" data-cite="beatingstuff88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47546" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Glad to see this mod develop! Since me and my friend are huge joshi fans, how does Stardom look in the mod? And to what time frame can we see new irl workers debut?<p> </p><p> Really looking forward to this one!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Stardom is fairly complete and possibly slightly overpowered. 22 workers on the roster. 60 events on the schedule. Last test sim I ran for 7 months, it looks like they had lots of shows in the 60s and a few in the 70s. I've had a bit of feedback from some folks who know more joshi than I and it was has been pretty positive so far. </p><p> </p><p> In terms of debuting workers, probably right up to date. The yet-to-debut workers are one of the last things I will do and I will probably keep dropping some in once its "done" as a mod. I've actually come up with a method (not original) that should make adding yet-to-debut workers a quicker process.</p>

I can't wait to run a NJPW game :)

Oh, it should be very fun. I mean, being able to hit 90+ matches is always fun. But you can do the Bullet Club right from the beginning. Okada is just hitting his prime but not yet his peak. Tanahashi hasn't really declined yet. Naito is a low-level headliner but hasn't found his groove yet. Nakamura is still there. Its a good period for New Japan for sure.

Oh and Kento Miyahara is a free agent.

Edit - forgot to include a small update. Back to adding active wrestlers. Which is notable because it means I'm done with Attributes. Not DONE, as they still need tweaking and such. But I've managed to get through the list of workers to clean them up from the conversion process. Still going to be seeking suggestions from users during the beta phase, whether its for personalities of workers or some of the other Attributes.

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Figured it was time for another update. Hit a nice milestone - 2000 workers. Weirdly, I hit that right exactly as I exhausted the list of active workers to add that I had matches picked out for. The list still has about 50 male workers and 40 female workers without matches, and I've expanded that to about 75 male. I'll be doing some research to find more, as I've predominantly been looking at workers who were on the roster of a company in the data around the middle of 2013, but I will also be looking at workers who are worth including that would be free agents. Some of those workers have already been going in. I've also deferred a few additions that I will decide on whether to include later. The majority of the workers going in are fairly low level and while that type of worker is needed, I don't want to bloat the bottom of the game world massively. </p><p> </p><p>

I've also continued to plug away at other elements such as title lineages and schedules. Still lots of work to go on there on those, but every title that gets done is more off the list. When it comes to creating accurate schedules, that can be tough for a lot of companies because many don't run a schedule that matches up to what the game will do. That's bothered me a bit but I've slowly realized that you can only recreate reality to a certain extent. </p><p> </p><p>

I've also been getting some excellent help in tweaking the puro scene. New Japan was done a bit ago, but the rosters of companies like All Japan, Noah, DDT, BJW, and Dragon Gate are being cleaned up and polished. An issue identified was that the worker popularity of those companies scaled a bit high. Not massively, but definitely notable when compared to similar sized indy companies in other regions. Most of those workers have already been tweaked down but still have to do Dragon Gate. Things still seem solid and stable in testing - the likes of DDT, AJPW, and Noah lose money for the first bit but the AI manages to normalize and stabilize after a months. Which seems quite realistic. </p><p> </p><p>

Still moving forward. Not too far away from being relatively "done" with the already-active talent and then I can start adding in some future workers, which will allow for proper long-term testing.</p>

Always nice to see positive updates like this. As a huge fan of puro and equally as huge fan of booking puro in TEW, seeing modmakers pay close attention to that scene is always impressive considering how difficult it is to translate it to the game.

Always nice to see positive updates like this. As a huge fan of puro and equally as huge fan of booking puro in TEW, seeing modmakers pay close attention to that scene is always impressive considering how difficult it is to translate it to the game.

Trying to pay close attention to every area. The goal is to have every company in the data feel complete and ALIVE. I know I'm going to fail in that, but its the intent. There are so many elements that you need to have accurate and detailed. For the company, its the size, financials, non-wrestling staff, product, stables, storylines, titles, and obviously the roster... Then the wrestlers themselves being at least somewhat accurate in terms of skill and popularity, personality, gimmick, alignment.... All of that can be hard enough to do when you are intimately familiar with the company but gets awful challenging when you aren't familiar with the company. So I'm definitely standing on the shoulders of giants in terms using info from other mods and getting help from exceptionally knowledgeable folks. Really hope to crowd source info and tweaks on some areas during the beta testing phase.

As I've mentioned, throw me a heads up if you wanna poke around in the data.

Do you need help with the title lineages? I can start doing it from Monday but just seems like something I can help with as it is just looking up title histories and inputting the dates?

Hmmmm… that is very tempting. For current companies, I'll probably avoid delegating as the process helps me identify some workers that are missing from the data. I was doing the New Japan tag belts lineages last night and realized I still hadn't added in Rick Steiner. And doing the 2CW belts made me realize I was missing all three of their current champions. But for some inactive companies....

Its not hard - like you say, its just looking up the information and then punching it into the entry in the Editor. I'm just putting month and year rather than the specific date. I'm putting Vacant in as an entry when a belt was vacated, although its occasionally unclear when the title was vacated. However, I am putting in the number of defenses. If Wikipedia has that info, I use that but it rarely does. In that case, I'm using Cagematch. I started out going through the list of defenses in Cagematch to figure out which were actual defenses but just got lazy after a bit and take how many matches for that title reign that Cagematch lists and dropping two (worker won it and lost it, which don't count), then using that number.

I could be massively rude and ask you to do the DDT Iron Man Heavy Metal championship with its 1000 entries.... but I won't lol

Would you have interest in doing some titles for some of the closed companies that are in the data? Companies like the AWA, WCW (minus the World heavyweight lineage), FMW, ECW, etc? If so, let me know and we can figure it out.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Questiontime101" data-cite="Questiontime101" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47546" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can not wait until the mod is out definitely will be my go-to mod on TEW 2020</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Always nice to hear. Curious what areas are most interesting to you? Who would you be looking to run, who would you be looking to push, etc? </p><p> </p><p> And got some more feedback on the mod. Pretty positive. Some great tweaks and things to adjust, but the overall impression seems solidly positive, which is always nice and encouraging.</p>