Effganic: Genesis

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smw88" data-cite="smw88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47547" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I suspect most people using your mod run it forward multiple years before jumping in, in which case the latter approach with less workers is probably the right one from a populating a world and game speed pov.<p> </p><p> However until we know how the game deals with the volume I doubt you can make a final decision.</p><p> </p><p> I.e in 2016 by the 1970s my watcher game was taking ages to move 1 day fwd.</p><p> </p><p> If the number of workers, biographies and relationships has less impact on process speed than before then it would be cool to go with higher worker numbers to really flesh out a games history.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For the most part, I would definitely agree with this. I'm slightly biased as my PC's not great but I'm finding this edition overall seems slower than the last one - although there's a chance that that's just because it seems to do a lot of stuff like stable changes in the first few days - so would probably prefer slightly less workers if anything.</p>

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Additionally I can put close dates on these generic training facilities. So that is an option.

This is something I think you will need to look into. According to the handbook, wrestlers can form schools when they retire which stay active until they die or leave the business. So we really need some long term sim data to get a feel for how often this occurs.

Updated the first post with progress. I dropped the all-male facilities down to 2 a year per facility and then women to 6. We'll see how this goes when actual testing can be done.

I edited all default Other TV Shows, renaming them and giving them start dates. I've added US tv shows from 1940s through 1970s, but still have many more to add. Will still be looking for help regarding the other areas.

Updated the first post with progress. I dropped the all-male facilities down to 2 a year per facility and then women to 6. We'll see how this goes when actual testing can be done.

I edited all default Other TV Shows, renaming them and giving them start dates. I've added US tv shows from 1940s through 1970s, but still have many more to add. Will still be looking for help regarding the other areas.

So, should Other TV Shows include radio shows. At the height of the radio, radio shows were hosted and some gained a lot of listeners.

<p>Nearly finished with the US Other Shows. Current count of Other TV Shows is 224 and I think I have 22 more to add.</p><p> </p><p>

If anyone out there is interested in helping, I am looking for contributors to for Other TV Shows for Canada, Mexico, UK, Europe, Australia, and India. If you have any knowledge of the above or are interested in doing some research, please shoot me a PM.</p>

US Other TV Shows are done, which means Canada is mostly done and Mexico is partially done.

I've also done my first pass as fixing/adding promotions in US and Canada. I just need logos for the new companies. Things seem to be progressing smoothly and the rest of the companies shouldn't take too much time. The bulk of the work will be rounding out the Other TV Shows for the rest of the world and then going through Broadcasters.

As for now I have decided to remove Venues & Locations and just have the game rely on generic venues for events. We'll see how it goes when the testing begins.

So I'm thinking of adding in female equivalents to the original characters, set to debut around 1930, thoughts?
Yes, please. As long as each feels like her own original character as opposed to a slightly tweaked version of her male equivalent.

That said, it might be nice if one of the debuting female wrestlers had a direct link to the original characters. Perhaps Daniel Loiselle has a technically-minded kid sister who's following him into the business.

Added a new referee character to the database to start with the company. Will be adding the above women to the database soon as future workers.

I've gotten through US, Canada, Mexico, and British Isles on the promotion side. Hope to get through all of the promotions and add the new workers by the end of the weekend. From there it will basically just be Broadcasters and Other TV Shows left to finish before being ready for play tests on the full release.

I've added all the women to the database. For now, I think that is all the new worker additions I plan on doing. Things may change once I get to play test, as I've considered adding in a "mega star" Gorgeous George type character to debut sometime in the 30's to try and help promotions prosper. I'll have to wait and see if something like that is needed.

<p>Below is a link to an open spreadsheet with a list of all promotions that do not yet have a logo. If anyone out there is feeling creative or generous and would like to help out, it would be greatly appreciated. Just include your credited name and a copy of the logo in the appropriate cells.</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_xRUA4ZAhSLICcJUrl4OGJCIBsWI4XQbQLQMZGLKemw/edit?usp=sharing" rel="external nofollow">Click Here</a></p>

I managed to finish up the broadcasters today. Which means the only things left to do before the game comes out is finish up promotion logos and Other TV Shows. At this point I see not reason to not begin play testing the moment the game comes out. I'll probably be looking for some beta testers, so keep an eye out.

We're close.

Spent most of the day working on Other TV Shows and Narrative. I now have 60 narratives included.

Going to continue to working on Other TV Shows, but I could use some help. If anyone is interested in adding some Other TV Shows to a database, let me know. I have a spreadsheet with all the shows to add by area, just need some help getting them entered.