The C-Verse Re/Render Project: Episode IV: A New Hope

My first render, hopefully the first of multiple re-renders of the C-Verse luchadoras. I'm open to any criticisms you may have. I'm probably going to tweak it still and repost--actually, I rendered it before I was completely satisfied, just to see what the render process was like (and it's long). Maybe I'll try and brighten it up / get her hair to look a bit more black.

mBY26rw.png

BObP1m5.jpg

Pinky Perez

Edit: Any of you renderers have a good resource, paid or free, for lucha masks? Most of what I can find looks more appropriate for a masquerade party than a luchadora.

I got a Thug Mask here (for my Purple Viper). Should be a mere dollar to purchase.

For the hair, just darken the base color in the surface settings. The original render is more reddish though. What surface is the mask? Looks a bit metallic but the middle is not consistent. Maybe different lightning can solve it, or maybe tone down the metallic value.

My first render, hopefully the first of multiple re-renders of the C-Verse luchadoras. I'm open to any criticisms you may have. I'm probably going to tweak it still and repost--actually, I rendered it before I was completely satisfied, just to see what the render process was like (and it's long). Maybe I'll try and brighten it up / get her hair to look a bit more black.

BObP1m5.jpg

Pinky Perez

This is definitely a solid render, I look forward to see what you do with the masked ladies. My only suggestion would be to include an unmasked version with your masked renders because that's awesome for game play purposes. Keep up the great work.

Hopefully this inspires Blackman to mask up that awesome Poison Ivy he just dropped.

Never! The mask is gone. It's over. Actually I thought she was unmasked but it appears it's a conscious choice.

Ok, here's one (with the Luchador Outfit for G8M but it obviously fits F as well):

xy5rtBX.jpg

Umeko Hotta

oxFtgTF.jpg

Kiko Sakakibara

kJJQ8Ty.jpg

Ginko Kuroda

4TQ49W0.jpg

This is definitely a solid render, I look forward to see what you do with the masked ladies. My only suggestion would be to include an unmasked version with your masked renders because that's awesome for game play purposes. Keep up the great work.

Good point. The unmasked versions are going to come soon--I'm a little uptight about organization, so I think I'm going to start my own render thread.

Really impressive for a first render!

Thanks Lavelle!

Thank you for the advice, everyone--I'm still figuring out Daz Studio as I go along, but it's coming along. Huge props to Blackman for his critiques on my first Pinky Perez and his sage wisdom about lighting--seriously, you've probably saved me hours of frustrated experimentation.

For some workers, I've taken several liberties from the original renders. And they aren't your typical luchador masks, but A) There aren't enough unique ones to go around and B) You can capture so much more expression and uniqueness with masks like these.

So, without further ado, here's the first part of my luchadora re-renders. Constructive criticism always welcome!

25RHqOu.png

fkpg0un.jpg

Pinky Perez

4lQgxul.png

glsYgGU.jpg

Queen Amazon

1vh8GFt.png

F61xmQv.jpg

Estrella Blanca

OoLv4dJ.png

TnJuavj.jpg

Mystery Pink

For some workers, I've taken several liberties from the original renders. And they aren't your typical luchador masks, but A) There aren't enough unique ones to go around and B) You can capture so much more expression and uniqueness with masks like these.

I thought your first was really good, but putting your original Pinky Perez next to the new one...the lighting and how clear the image looks on the new one is hugely impressive!

The fact you are looking to express emotion really comes through, that Queen Amazon looks like a bad ass

Fantastic work!

King Bison - missed those originally! They're so good, especially that Cam Jones!