General Gameplay Questions Thread

I'd put that in tech support. I'm pretty sure workers gaining the colour commentary skill through adding it as a role was added after release, and it's possible the value generated to begin with was far above the original stat cap Jack Bruce had in the background, so the stat has dropped to try to bring that into line... but if that's the case, the original value shouldn't have been so high in the first place, so tech support is the best place to put it to make sure Adam knows and can look into it for sure. :)

Little confused, so hopefully someone can help me out as I don't see anything in the handbook explaining it.

I'm setting up the Money in the Bank "achievement" and I want the winner to be able to defend it like real life. Would ticking the "title retained after victory" box accomplish that?

This is true for Canada, Oceania and USA. I have the same TV-Deal that covers every region in those Areas, but some of the regions i get "no popularity gain because lack of viewership in thos regions". Why is that? And how do I get more viewership in those regions when they already have good tv-deals?

IxNLLDn.png

Little confused, so hopefully someone can help me out as I don't see anything in the handbook explaining it.

I'm setting up the Money in the Bank "achievement" and I want the winner to be able to defend it like real life. Would ticking the "title retained after victory" box accomplish that?

That is correct.

This is true for Canada, Oceania and USA. I have the same TV-Deal that covers every region in those Areas, but some of the regions i get "no popularity gain because lack of viewership in thos regions". Why is that? And how do I get more viewership in those regions when they already have good tv-deals?

IxNLLDn.png

Have some shows there

What he said. The game stops letting you grow in popularity in regions you don’t visit once you’ve gotten a certain threshold. You’ve got to run live shows there to attract new fans and expand your audience.

How many shows would I have to put on these regions to make the pop grow?

I remember in one of the early iterations, there was a promotion in the CornellVerse that was basically based entirely around the idea of running almost entirely Eye Candy-type matches and angles. What Product would that be for the current iteration of the game?

Adult risqué. You’re thinking of Babes of Sin City, which is in the game database, it’s just closed.

<p>Hi, is it possible to change the way your schedule shows on the events and tv screen?</p><p> </p><p>

I have been playing a real world mod starting in 96 which had WWF set to hold an "In Your House" every 4 weeks. I have made this event dormant and have started adding in the individual event names, e.g Canadian Stampede, with this set as special events rather than annual. Once I get to '98, No Way Out (of Texas) will be added as an annual event and so on.</p><p> </p><p>

However, the way they aren't in the correct order on the events & TV screen irritates me slightly and I would much rather have them in date order, from January to December.</p>

Hi, is it possible to change the way your schedule shows on the events and tv screen?

I have been playing a real world mod starting in 96 which had WWF set to hold an "In Your House" every 4 weeks. I have made this event dormant and have started adding in the individual event names, e.g Canadian Stampede, with this set as special events rather than annual. Once I get to '98, No Way Out (of Texas) will be added as an annual event and so on.

However, the way they aren't in the correct order on the events & TV screen irritates me slightly and I would much rather have them in date order, from January to December.

If they're not in the correct order you've done something wrong. My shows are always listed by the date with Weekly/monthly events at the top.

A few questions

1. Why would you ever not want to use Tight Focus for angles in your product? Mathematically shouldn't this always result in the highest possible average for angles? If not just for role playing, is it just the possible penalty when the best angle is rated poorly? What exactly determines the rating at which an angle does "poorly"?

2. Is there some kind of list or table or something somewhere for what kind of matches do and don't get penalized based on certain product parameters? For instance, some products say "only basic match set ups (like cages) or high flying aids (like ladders, overhead wires) are acceptable". Well, what counts as a "basic" match set up?

3. Similarly, what is a "bloody" match type? I'm assuming obviously first blood and things involving glass, barbed wire, thumbtacks etc. but in real life you can have even a normal singles match with no gimmicks attached wind up turning into a bloodbath (think Great Muta or Ric Flair) so I feel like that line could theoretically be drawn anywhere. And do "dangerous" and "controversial" match types only refer to Very High injury and content risk or just anything above average?

If they're not in the correct order you've done something wrong. My shows are always listed by the date with Weekly/monthly events at the top.

I don't know why but I think Special events are shown out of order.

Have tried switching one from Special Event to Annual event and it went in to date order.

Thanks for the replies.

2. Is there some kind of list or table or something somewhere for what kind of matches do and don't get penalized based on certain product parameters? For instance, some products say "only basic match set ups (like cages) or high flying aids (like ladders, overhead wires) are acceptable". Well, what counts as a "basic" match set up?

For this one the answer is right there in the text. Cages, ladders, and overhead wires. For your other questions I'm not sure. You can edit matches though and look at the settings to see if it's ok or not.