Public Beta Reaction Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KevinStorm" data-cite="KevinStorm" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Word? Because in 16 there was an actual button that says "Manager" where you could assign a manager, and if you clicked on a manager's name in the roster, you can click "Managing" to see a list of their clients. There was also a "push" button where you could change their role.<p> </p><p> But when I look at Eric Eisen, who doesn't have a role assigned, I have to click on "is considered well known to the fans" to get the screen where I can assign a role: <a href="https://imgur.com/ftrawwt" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/ftrawwt</a></p><p> </p><p> There's nowhere else I can see to click to assign a role, because with other workers who have a role already you click their role which is, for some reason, shown with a very tiny picture above the box that shows their availability.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Except, as I said, it only sometimes opens to the relevant section.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I shouldn't have to dig for work-arounds to make a $35 game usable, and I'd love to play more than half an hour if I didn't start getting headaches from the poor UI. This is the Public Beta Reaction Thread. I posted my reaction, and I'm not the only one having the same reactions.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nowhere to change roles huh?</p><p> <a href="https://imgur.com/exBGT7z" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/exBGT7z</a></p><p> </p><p> You yourself admitted you only played half-an-hour before posting all that, and like I said, a lot of your stuff is really easily addressable by the game itself. Yeah, there are problems with the UI, literally everyone has already said that, but half of the stuff you're mentioning literally aren't even problems unless you make them problems.</p>

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FlippantFox" data-cite="FlippantFox" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nowhere to change roles huh?<p> <a href="https://imgur.com/exBGT7z" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/exBGT7z</a></p><p> </p><p> You yourself admitted you only played half-an-hour before posting all that, and like I said, a lot of your stuff is really easily addressable by the game itself. Yeah, there are problems with the UI, literally everyone has already said that, but half of the stuff you're mentioning literally aren't even problems unless you make them problems.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For someone complaining about me not playing enough to be able to criticize you sure are doing a lot of criticizing of my post despite apparently not reading it. I pretty clearly said I found where to change roles, and where I had to click to do that for Eric Eisen makes absolutely no sense, and is difficult to find for anyone that already does have a role assigned.</p><p> </p><p> Maybe if you took the time to read what I said instead of desperately trying to find a way to de-legitimize my criticisms you'd have noticed that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="daddytorgo1" data-cite="daddytorgo1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Really? That would be a damn shame and would drive me away as a potential customer.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, it was a thread merge so the title of the thread changed. False alarm.</p>

For someone complaining about me not playing enough to be able to criticize you sure are doing a lot of criticizing of my post despite apparently not reading it. I pretty clearly said I found where to change roles, and where I had to click to do that for Eric Eisen makes absolutely no sense, and is difficult to find for anyone that already does have a role assigned.

Maybe if you took the time to read what I said instead of desperately trying to find a way to de-legitimize my criticisms you'd have noticed that.

If you actually read what I wrote, you'd know that you can get to that screen by just clicking on the names of the people on your roster, the way you've always changed character details in TEW games.

If you actually read what I wrote, you'd know that you can get to that screen by just clicking on the names of the people on your roster, the way you've always changed character details in TEW games.

You mean the name up at the top of the profile screen written in the exact same font and color as the other text around it so it looks nothing like a button? Which in 16 actually looks like something that's clickable?

Good to know. Thanks for demonstrating my point for me.

You mean the name up at the top of the profile screen written in the exact same font and color as the other text around it so it looks nothing like a button? Which in 16 actually looks like something that's clickable?

Good to know. Thanks for demonstrating my point for me.

What? The name is in bright yellow at the top of the screen compared to black and white everything else? You can click the full "Name is a Age Race Nationality Gender wrestler" sentence at the top. You're now being rude on top of being literally incorrect.

I've enjoyed the trial and I feel like this could be a very good game, but I'm sad to say, it's not looking like a day 1 purchase any more. With that said, I will most likely buy the game at some point as I love the series, but I'll be watching the tech support thread closely to see what bugs and glitches are fixed before I do.

The handbook, is, again, pretty much the same as it was in 2016, except now it has the added automatic opening to relevant sections. As far as I can see, the handbook is much improved.

Except it often doesn't open to the relevant section, and is far less helpful than just having question marks near individual buttons.

It’s on both sides tho, the people defending the game can be just as toxic as people criticizing it.

Yeah. It's hard to ignore that element of it, I'm sure there are ways of wording things to not come across so poorly. I'm sure it isn't that hard to just be more kind to each other.

That said, until I read this thread I had no idea how to change someone's role or how to add a manager. So it is nice that I learned that, at least.

EDIT: I don't think I've posted yet how great I thought the 'Intro to the C-Verse' type thing was at the start of a New Game. That was such a nice touch for someone trying out the universe for the first time, and really help to learn a little bit about each region. I guess this beta reaction thread is the place to mention that!

What? The name is in bright yellow at the top of the screen compared to black and white everything else? You can click the full "Name is a Age Race Nationality Gender wrestler" sentence at the top. You're now being rude on top of being literally incorrect.

Oh, you're right. That yellow text that looks like the same yellow text on every worker profile, including the ones that don't work for me that I can't click on. My psychic link to Adam that tells me which text is really a hidden menu and which isn't must be broken. Maybe I can get it fixed before the full version comes out.

Except it often doesn't open to the relevant section, and is far less helpful than just having question marks near individual buttons.

Personally it's always worked for me, but if it really isn't working, then yeah, that's definitely something that needs to be fixed. For me, I think the handbook allows for a lot more depth than the smaller buttons in 2016, which often could be confusing if you didn't know something because they were usually really short.

Oh, you're right. That yellow text that looks like the same yellow text on every worker profile, including the ones that don't work for me that I can't click on. My psychic link to Adam that tells me which text is really a hidden menu and which isn't must be broken. Maybe I can get it fixed before the full version comes out.

I only tried to tell you how to do things you said couldn't be done in the game. I'm sorry if I upset you in some way, I didn't mean to. There's no reason to be so rude about this stuff.

I've enjoyed the trial and I feel like this could be a very good game, but I'm sad to say, it's not looking like a day 1 purchase any more. With that said, I will most likely buy the game at some point as I love the series, but I'll be watching the tech support thread closely to see what bugs and glitches are fixed before I do.

I agree, this is making me sad, I was hyped for the game for over a year, and for it to flop so hard in such an unredeamable fashion is sad.

Unless drastic measures are taken, or the patch adresses all the issues not just gameplay-wise but User experience wise as well, it would be wiser for everyone to not buy this game untill it's polished.

After playing through the demo for a few hours with BHOTWG (which has only added up to a couple in-game weeks) I'll say one thing that pleasantly surprised me is what seems like nerfed match and show grades. Maybe this was discussed as something coming in the journal, but one thing that always bothered me in 2016 was companies (especially NOTBPW, PGHW and SOTBPW) putting out a huge number of "match of the year canidates" or what I think was 100 rated matches. I was very consistently seeing that in my news feeds and thought that it just happened too often.

Maybe I'm just getting used to the new engine, but I still haven't seen any even 90 match grades which is cool, because it will make the inevitable 95+ feel like a bigger deal. Also seems like angles are a bit harder to cheese 100 grades as well which is nice.

I don't really know if this is the right topic, feel free to send me elsewhere if it isn't.

A crash my game by doing a new company, signing some workers, openin my own broadcast and then going to the real time editor and puting my cash to the max. I can't link it as it didn't save anything of that game at all.

I agree, this is making me sad, I was hyped for the game for over a year, and for it to flop so hard in such an unredeamable fashion is sad.

Unless drastic measures are taken, or the patch adresses all the issues not just gameplay-wise but User experience wise as well, it would be wiser for everyone to not buy this game untill it's polished.

Not to buy the game until its polished...

You mean like with most beta tests? Because this isn't the final product. I'm sure they're looking at all these complaints in kind and trying to address them.

Haven’t dove in too deep yet but for what I have I’m not real impressed. I feel like some stuff was changed just to be changed and feel different even if it didn’t add anything new. One thing that bugs me is how small the segment grade is I know it’s not a major deal but it bothers me.

Surely popularity has more variables, you can study tapes and matches to see how good a worker is, but there popularity can pretty much only go on crowd reaction, and there is so much that affect how a crowd reacts? Could be gimmick, dead crowd, momentum etc. yet we know that way too accurately for me.

Yeah, in wmma you would automatically see the fights of people that were on your shortlist, why not allow us to study a guys tape, watch his fights or look at the match that he's in on a card and see the dirt sheets?

I only tried to tell you how to do things you said couldn't be done in the game. I'm sorry if I upset you in some way, I didn't mean to. There's no reason to be so rude about this stuff.

You were a tad aggressive and judgmental to someone that was expressing his opinions. That was rude and unnecessary.

Here are some more opinions I've seen around discord since yesterday. Some i agree with, some from a whole lot of other people.

The numbers are too small.

The colors are wrong, especially the existence of that yellow in the numbers.

The new added space with the 1366x768 is often wasted by not being used at all, or used in stuff that could be shorter, thus allowing for numbers and other things to have a decent size instead of us having to find Waldo to discover ratings.

The in game editor losing features, including ability to alter someone's role or in/out of business status is a loss, does not add at all to the experience, only dampers those who like to do fantasy scenarios and play sanbox games.

The UI is a headache. The color scheme is bad, it hurts the eye, blah blah, we all know this by now, but the actual layout could be vastly improved as well, given the screen gained size for this new iteration.

Products seem too rigid, in the sense that it is either hard or impossible to edit match/Angle ratio in your own product.

The booking screen is a place where we have to use tiny arrows to move around segments in a very bad looking and uncomfortable way.

People want the possibility of having both grades and numbers or choose between them.

People want (me included) question mark boxes back to complement the players handbook, as it would facilitate the experience and shorten the need to go to said handbook every time there are doubts. Those boxes were always helpful and with more space added by the new res, i always though it was given they were staying.

People (me included) often compare this game to WMMA5. This is because WMMA5 was the first game to be made in the new resolution. It has a great UI, great skin, great color balance for the most part of it. This game hasn't got any of that.

I am not posting these opinions here to flame anyone or start any fight or to take shots to Adam in any way. I am just stating these here because:

1- I've been hearing them for 24 hours now and in several cases thinking them myself.

2- People have been encouraged to come to forums to post their ideas/suggestions/opinions about it, as that is the only place to do where Adam is guaranteed to see.

3- We all want the game to come to a state where at least the majority likes and enjoys it.

So please do not dismiss other people's concerns, opinions, suggestions and reactions in a thread where reacting is the actual goal.

This was your moment of Bliss.

Your initial response to my post was extremely rude and unnecessary and, again, my post said I COULD do it, but that the process for doing it made no sense and wasn't very user-friendly.

May I just say one thing about this. I'm not on anybodies side here. But It's really unlikely a lot "if any" will change before the release. I could be 100% wrong. But this is more like a completed demo, not a beta. I'm not trying to argue with anyone, or anything like that. I know he is patching bugs. I personally would love if he fixes the editor screen & adds full scroll & arrow usage to every screen in the game. But my point is this, it is not a beta. This is what the game is expected to be released as. Sure, he will patch bugs & maybe make some alterations from peoples suggestions. But this is supposed to be how the game is released.

Your initial response to my post was extremely rude and unnecessary and, again, my post said I COULD do it, but that the process for doing it made no sense and wasn't very user-friendly.

I was not trying to be rude, I was simply stating that it seemed unfair to be so judgemental about the game after you yourself admitted you'd only spent a half-hour with it. You said that there were hidden clickable menus that you had no idea where they were, and I informed you of where the menus you seemed to be confused about were. Again, I'm sorry if I came across as rude, that was never my intention, but your response was completely overboard and unnecessarily harsh towards me, as well as the hardwork of the people who worked on the game.