Public Beta Reaction Thread

I'm currently using the 'Killing the Business' mod but upon further inspection, it seems that it's me is the actual problem.

I started a new game and went unemployed just to keep an eye on things with WWE. Here's what I found for RAW between January and March.

January: Average score of 77

February: Average score of 82

March: Average score of 79

So my low scores in the dreadful 60s reflect my booking.

Although one thing I did notice, maybe someone can help with this - WWE has a product of Classic Sports Entertainment and the focus is set at 65% Matches and 35% angles. However: The AI is booking 20 segments with 11 being Angles and 9 being matches. Is this not against the product requirement? Or am I missing something?

It's based on time rather than number of segments, so you can book 35 1 minute matches and 1 65 minute match and it evens out

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's dictated on the times given to segments. 9 regular length matches and 11 short angles can fit that ratio fine.

It's based on time rather than number of segments, so you can book 35 1 minute matches and 1 65 minute match and it evens OUT

Ahh then that makes sense.. I was looking at that the complete wrong way so thanks for clearing that up for me guys

Can I ask something else really stupid? What does it mean by Matches are graded on a ratio of between 40:60 and 60:40 in ring action / popularity depending on what gets the best rating

Ahh then that makes sense.. I was looking at that the complete wrong way so thanks for clearing that up for me guys

Can I ask something else really stupid? What does it mean by Matches are graded on a ratio of between 40:60 and 60:40 in ring action / popularity depending on what gets the best rating

Both popularity and skill are always measured, but if a product leans more heavily into star power versus talent, then them being popular is much more important to the rating. In other words you can get really big ratings with folks who aren't necessarily good in the ring.

Conversely if they're judged much more on ability, then a great match is recognized as one even if they aren't necessarily big names.

This can go to varying extremes. With that one though it basically says both are equally important.

Both popularity and skill are always measured, but if a product leans more heavily into star power versus talent, then them being popular is much more important to the rating. In other words you can get really big ratings with folks who aren't necessarily good in the ring.

Conversely if they're judged much more on ability, then a great match is recognized as one even if they aren't necessarily big names.

This can go to varying extremes. With that one though it basically says both are equally important.

Appreciate the response man, makes perfect sense thank you!

Now that the last patch has been released, I wonder if the game is done. Sans the new UI, which will be put in tomorrow. As in, are all features and changes now in? Do we now have the game that we will have? And things that haven't made the cut, won't make the cut?

Judging by the release time, I believe there will be one last patch of changes in the early hours tomorrow morning, and then the game will release in the afternoon.

I wasn't interested in when it's coming out, I was interested in whether or not certain changes/adds would make it into the game. I could easily wait a year, no problem.

If the game comes out tomorrow as estimated in his last post about it, there will probably be another set of changes included as part of the release, since the game will be coming out at around the same time as he has been releasing the patches.

Unless the extra work on the UI takes up his time.

If the game comes out tomorrow as estimated in his last post about it, there will probably be another set of changes included as part of the release, since the game will be coming out at around the same time as he has been releasing the patches.

Unless the extra work on the UI takes up his time.

Adam still works on games post release tho

I wasn't interested in when it's coming out, I was interested in whether or not certain changes/adds would make it into the game. I could easily wait a year, no problem.

Depends on what "certain changes/adds" you're talking about. There were 58 post-beta patches for TEW2016, and Adam has been very clear that at the least, new products and attributes will be added post-release, so there will definitely be some stuff. But anything totally game changing... well, to be honest, except for the UI, there hasn't been any truly game-changing single features to be added even in the beta, so that ship has long sailed.

Depends on what "certain changes/adds" you're talking about. There were 58 post-beta patches for TEW2016, and Adam has been very clear that at the least, new products and attributes will be added post-release, so there will definitely be some stuff. But anything totally game changing... well, to be honest, except for the UI, there hasn't been any truly game-changing single features to be added even in the beta, so that ship has long sailed.

The UI obviously is a big thing, I don't want to discredit that at all.

Was there any word about the mouse wheel scroll thing?

Seems like he's adding support but I think ultimately it will still be lacking in some areas. That's just a guess from me though.

I really think 2020 is going to expect me to click on each & every picture in order to look at them. #TEW2020WillHaveLessClickingLOL

Seems like he's adding support but I think ultimately it will still be lacking in some areas. That's just a guess from me though.

I really think 2020 is going to expect me to click on each & every picture in order to look at them. #TEW2020WillHaveLessClickingLOL

The simple (if somewhat inconvenient) solution to that particular problem is: Just look at them through your regular file explorer.

This is what I ended up doing, as well. It's not optimal, but it's better than individually clicking through 300 pictures to find the right one for a worker, hah.

I do this as well. The bonus here is the search feature. Want to use MALE137.jpg? Search 137 and bam, easy find.

I do this as well. The bonus here is the search feature. Want to use MALE137.jpg? Search 137 and bam, easy find.

Yea, but like. I don't get it tbh. In TEW 2016, let's say I'm creating Shawn Michaels in the editor. I click on the picture to open the picture folder, as soon as I open it, the list is active, so I just type in "Shaw" or something similar on my keyboard, and I'm pretty much immediately at the top of the list of my Shawn Michaels photos. And if I'm looking for a specific one, I can just type in the full name of the file, "Shawn Michaels 73". So it hasn't really dawned on me what the benefit of the new search function actually is since in 2016 I always just used my keyboard anyway. The bonus being that I could also just scroll up and down once I arrived at the top of the list. No matter how you slice it, it's slower in 2020.

Yea, but like. I don't get it tbh. In TEW 2016, let's say I'm creating Shawn Michaels in the editor. I click on the picture to open the picture folder, as soon as I open it, the list is active, so I just type in "Shaw" or something similar on my keyboard, and I'm pretty much immediately at the top of the list of my Shawn Michaels photos. And if I'm looking for a specific one, I can just type in the full name of the file, "Shawn Michaels 73". So it hasn't really dawned on me what the benefit of the new search function actually is since in 2016 I always just used my keyboard anyway. The bonus being that I could also just scroll up and down once I arrived at the top of the list. No matter how you slice it, it's slower in 2020.

I don't see any reason why the new-style lists would be necessary for that screen, so I'm hopeful for a change.

The "New Style" is something that literally nobody asked for. The old style was 100% perfect. I never heard anyone being annoying by the old way.

It's a great suggestion you guys are making about just look at it in file explorer. I didn't think about that. Too bad they took up the entire screen with 2020 so now I need to tab out in order to open my file explorer. In 2016 I could just use the 20% of my extra space on my screen to do handy stuff like that.

Then again, in 2016 I also didn't need to use file explorer because I could easily navigate the picture folder without needing to click a million times.

See how this all just kind of clashes against itself to make the game annoying in the smallest little ways?