TCW Discussion Thread

I'm having the same problem. Wolf is in all 5 of my top 5 highest rated matches, has only lost twice in 5 months, first in a triangle math where he did not take the pin, and then in the main event at Total Mayhem. He's got white hot momentum. And he's been stuck at 80-81 pop the whole time.

I just had him, a 73, win against an 86 pop clean. Their match was a 93 quality. The 86 pop dropped to 77, no movement for Wolf.

I’ve been a long time SWF player, since back in TEW ‘10, but TCW just seems really fun to play as this time around. Sure the roster is aging but most of them can still go in the ring or in angles (I somehow got an 85 rated segment from Fonzarelli and Huggins to hype a mini feud). I think I also liked how comparably small the roster is, while most other companies have bloated rosters that necessitate a B show. Plus tight angle focus means as long as the top four deliver a good segment I can let a new hire get some TV time without any real risk.

Decided to hold off on the big Andrews vs Hawkins match for a while, so Andrews defended against Taylor at Malice and then was involved in a 5 v 5 against Syndicate at Battleground (which I moved to Feb). Now he’ll have a mini feud with Jay Chord before moving back to Hawkins for Total Mayhem.

The biggest problem I’m having is what to do with the plethora of bland baby faces in the mid card. Human arsenal and one man army can work but for the most part they’ve just been filler since I can’t really envision them doing anything other than good wrestling.

Biggest changes were turning Matt Hocking face so he can feud with Gauge and bringing Joffy Laine and Ernest Youngman onto TV. Joffy is a comedic talk show host/interviewer who often will end up getting attacked or punched out after saying the wrong thing to a heel, while Youngman was/is Greg Gauge’s hitman, though I’m not having as much fun with that.

I'm having the same problem. Wolf is in all 5 of my top 5 highest rated matches, has only lost twice in 5 months, first in a triangle math where he did not take the pin, and then in the main event at Total Mayhem. He's got white hot momentum. And he's been stuck at 80-81 pop the whole time.

I wouldn't worry too much after only a couple of months. It's pretty hard improving worker's popularity above 80 in general, especially as a medium company (if you are still at medium size). Plus, with 80 pop he should still be one of the ten most over wrestlers in the US.

The biggest problem I’m having is what to do with the plethora of bland baby faces in the mid card. Human arsenal and one man army can work but for the most part they’ve just been filler since I can’t really envision them doing anything other than good wrestling.

You could put Human Arsenal and One Man Army in an army themed tag team, for example. TCW can use a couple more teams at the start of the game. In my diary game, both are pretty deep into time decline, unfortunately, so I started pushing them down the card.

Yeah how big is your TCW? In my game I hit Large size right after the third ppv and both Andrews and Hawkins were in the high 80's right before Mayhem. They hadn't even faced eachother yet + Wolf lost a tag match on PPV before. Andrews went over clean at Mayhem and Wolfs pop did not budge.

Just keep Wolf winning on TV and have him get wins over lower pop faces on PPV as much as possible while drawing out the Andrews feud. Both Andrews and Wolf benefit from this massively and you elevate your midcard at the same time.

I actually like the idea of Arsenal and Army framing up. They've got a lot of history against each other, with Arsenal part of the original Syndicate and New Wave being a big rival of Arsenal and Hill. With Doc now in the Syndicate and Arsenal face, you could have them be a core part of the force that battles the Syndicate.

Just finished Total Mayhem, and it went well and finished a lot of stories (and moved from medium to big).

My user character is Jack Bruce, idea being he's a commisoner figure who came in to stay in the business and because the toy company wanted to use him as a big Merch spinner. His involvement is largely limited to presenting the show, and interacting in feuds, however in the two months leading up to Total Mayhem I had him testing Greg Gauge every show with a TV Title match due to him constantly thinking he's destined and deserving of everything. Sounds a bit like Bruce is the bad guy, but really he's trying to get Greg to unlock his potential. At Total Mayhem he defended it in a 6 way match in which he lost the title to T-Bone (for whom that was the first match he could successfull 'call in the ring'). After that he snapped and attacked Bruce putting him off TV for a bit and showing a more ruthless side to his character.

AA v Wolf happened at TM too, with AA retaining. I'd successfully kept them away from each other but feuding to keep in canon. AA defended against Josh Taylor in January (who is now a face to address the serious lack of experienced faces at the top of the card, and is aligned with The Mighty which is Mo, Tana, and T-Bone, as part of the battle against the Sinner Society who Josh's straight edge persona finds objectionable, and as he gained respect for T-Bone when he beat him (after offering to put him over)).

AA then defended against Doc, had a team against the Syndicate and lost when Edd Stone turned on him to join the Syndicate and become the 'party prince', then fought Edd at WAFTT. After he beat Wolf, AA was attacked by Jay who has decided it's his time (Jay beat Sammy, and has been pulling absolutely insane grades. Also sadly Rip died the night before TM, so was kind of a nice thing to do for the kid).

Killer Shark left after WAFTT after USPW outbid me for him which I don't really mind. He wasn't developing his Stamina, and I have better big men i'm building up. On his way out Mighty Meat won the titles off him and Titan. Titan would be spinning his wheels, however he actually has excellent tag chemistry with Nick Booth, so now they're a team and Sinner Society is still together!

Sammy Bach has also formed a stable now with a debuting Fro Sure, and has added Roderick Remus and Matt Hocking (both of whom are now face so I can get more faces up the card and to give them something to do. Plus it's allowing Sammy to turn to a more mouth piece role to keep him from having to wrestle too much as he ages out).

This new stable will be feuding with Sinner Society following TM, while The Mighty will now be taking on The Syndicate (while Wolf tries to recover from his loss), since Edd will go for the TV title from T-Bone, and the Elite beat the Mighty for the tag belts in a four way match at TM, so a good old fashioned interlinking stable feud.

Need to decide what to do with Gauge and Bruce, and where Gauge goes from here. I'm planning on Jay beating AA for the title at some point, so will need some faces to fight him (Mo probably, who may even eventually take the title after Jay gets a long reign), but obviously need other dudes to spin the wheels a bit (probably Taylor, Remus if I can get him up, etc). Gauge will get his title reign after Mo wins it (I think his first reign will be short). But still deciding on things and happy for suggestions!

With Wolf, I think he is 85 pop in my save, but I'm trying to keep him from the title picture, so I feud him with lower card faces I want to push. Hocking, then Remus, now High Flyin Hawaiian. He always wins at then end of the 3 months feud (I edited which PPV's are where to make it easier, e.g summer showdown 3 months after mayhem).

Hawaiian has gained like 10-15 pop, and is looking like a future world champ

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hazemore" data-cite="Hazemore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>With Wolf, I think he is 85 pop in my save, but I'm trying to keep him from the title picture, so I feud him with lower card faces I want to push. Hocking, then Remus, now High Flyin Hawaiian. He always wins at then end of the 3 months feud (I edited which PPV's are where to make it easier, e.g summer showdown 3 months after mayhem).<p> </p><p> Hawaiian has gained like 10-15 pop, and is looking like a future world champ</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hawaiian is probably top 10 most promising guy to sign in '20 with the likes of Beaumont & Okamoto. </p><p> </p><p> -</p><p> </p><p> Discovered that I could not convince Jack Bruce to come out of retirement. That's perfectly fine, he has immense value either way. It does suck that I wont be able to do the Once in a Lifetime Bruce vs. Lover match though. Ace has enough HOI that I can do Ace vs. Lover though. </p><p> </p><p> I had: Lover, Andrews, Bruce & Stardust vs. Hawkins, Hammond, Flynn & Running Wolf plotted for Battleground main event but I'll have to reconsider. I think Wolf will end up taking Bruce's spot but will turn on them to join Syndicate. When Syndicate eventually breaks up at Mayhem, Wolf/Flynn/Running will remain together as the Wolf Pack. I'll have to sub in either Nate or Eddie to drag down the main event. </p><p> </p><p> Rick Law is up for signing. Ive offered 6 years & about 100K but hes not so amazing that I feel desperate to get him. If USPW/SWF/EILL outbid me, I'll let him go elsewhere. I've already abandoned Frehley who went back to SWF.</p><p> </p><p> Im not too desperate for signings till Total Mayhem though because theres only so much room on the roster. I'll bring in anyone who can help me win national battles though. That said with Bruce around, Im just a point below USPW anyways and Im outclassing them on shows so might not need to bother. I feel dirty having Lover & Bruce as my top two guys but its to be expected. Hawkins is at 86 & Ace at 80 so they're getting up there anyways. </p><p> </p><p> For some reason, no one is challenging me to sign my guys. Signed Mo uninterrupted and Human Arsenal's contract expired but no one is biting. I will sign him to a one year contract most likely. I dont use him much atm but once his popularity hits the 50s and hes lost all values, I can transition him into a veteran jobber. At the moment his pop is 65ish so I have to sort of protect him for the right PPV loss.</p>

Women's Division is nearly up and running. Have 28 of 32 people signed right now and starting to find roles to mixed some of the less popular ones in right now. Fuyuko Higa joined the Syndicate, Hellcat Hernandez is in the Sinner Society, and Juliet Balconi has her own group she manages. Danielle Sweetheart and Talia Quinzel also are managing people right now. Also managed to steal away Jaime Quine and Sara Marie York from USPW and working on Lauren Easter.

Still working on mixing a few more in right now. Going to post a bracket once I finalize everything

Start of April and I’ve just jumped up to big. TCWs starting roster size is a lot more manageable so I haven’t felt like a B show is necessary but now with the size jump and the long shortlist of talent I have my eye on, I’m strongly considering it. If only to really build some new teams up to fill that division. I’m not far off splitting Tana and Mo, and with Chandler, chance and Jimmy Foxx all in decline the division is only slowly getting worse. I think that’s my next little project.

Andrews is still my World champ, I gave Benny Benson a last little run with the TV title, although that’s coming to an end very soon when Syndicate assisted Chris Flynn takes it. Tana and Mo ended the run of shark and titan, but the big lads will most likely win it back at Total Mayhem so I can move Mo up the card and pair Tana with another rookie.

But overall, managed to keep my TV show ratings pretty consistently in the 79-82 range and haven’t had to do much spamming of wolf/Aaron/jay/Sammy (heck, Wolf has been sitting in the mid card feuding with some rising stars for the past month. I’ve had guys like Huggins, Edd Stone, Mighty Mo and Triple D all step up and hang with the top guys.

TCW is great fun, although I haven’t had to deal with any major contract negotiations yet so we see how that goes. But hey, at least we’re making ridiculous amounts of money each month with is super helpful.

> Signing 28 women in one go.

Damn. And here I think I'm a big spender when I bring in six people.

Going for a full womens brand so aiming for a high number lol. Probably picking up too many even with a few heading to developmental but hey, I like having a big roster so I'll deal with it.

I think my Greg Gauge has a pop cap of 70. If so this really sucks :(

Just let him be Television Champion forever!

I'm almost close to Battleground so I'll make an update then but I got my first class of graduates and theres a super heavyweight I convinced to become a giant who may become the next Bruce the Giant.

Jefferson Stardust, Jack Bruce, Running Wolf have all made their debuts at this point. I've also brought in Masked Cougar who had a tremendous title challenge against Greg Gauge. In addition to those I've nabbed BLZ Bubb aka Tyson Baine because USPW didnt care about it and an 81 pop is always nice to siphon. I also grabbed Caulfield on a handshake agreement so he can beef up Mighty Meaty at Battleground. I will probably let him go afterwards. And I accidentally signed Beast Bantom after he rejected 21CW's better deal for some reason. I bid for Erik Strong because he'd be great for the cruiserweight division.

Tana the Mighty left for USPW, I just wasnt willing to outbid them. He was willing to put Elliot Thomas over but I dont know how I'll fit that in unless I force it somehow. Best I can do is have a mini feud between the two over television.

Stardust has been solid though Running Wolf isn't great despite having more pop. He may actually end up being a bust, I know Im saying that only a couple days into his contract but it's true. If he can learn to talk, that would be nice. Stardust can talk and is currently aligned with Jack Bruce. Sadly Bruce didn't want to come out of retirement though so he'll be largely used as our spokesman. Champagne Lover is also in TD so he's not the best anymore either.

On the flipside, TCW's roster is so insane it doesn't really matter. Ace, Wolf, Chord, Gauge, Huggins, and then guys like Bright have developped into main event quality for me overnight.

Anyways, looking forward to getting past stablewars night at Battleground. Just two more months till Total Mayhem <3

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn_waters" data-cite="shawn_waters" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Start of April and I’ve just jumped up to big. TCWs starting roster size is a lot more manageable so I haven’t felt like a B show is necessary but now with the size jump and the long shortlist of talent I have my eye on, I’m strongly considering it. If only to really build some new teams up to fill that division. I’m not far off splitting Tana and Mo, and with Chandler, chance and Jimmy Foxx all in decline the division is only slowly getting worse. I think that’s my next little project. <p> </p><p> Andrews is still my World champ, I gave Benny Benson a last little run with the TV title, although that’s coming to an end very soon when Syndicate assisted Chris Flynn takes it. Tana and Mo ended the run of shark and titan, but the big lads will most likely win it back at Total Mayhem so I can move Mo up the card and pair Tana with another rookie.</p><p> </p><p> But overall, managed to keep my TV show ratings pretty consistently in the 79-82 range and haven’t had to do much spamming of wolf/Aaron/jay/Sammy (heck, Wolf has been sitting in the mid card feuding with some rising stars for the past month. I’ve had guys like Huggins, Edd Stone, Mighty Mo and Triple D all step up and hang with the top guys.</p><p> </p><p> TCW is great fun, although I haven’t had to deal with any major contract negotiations yet so we see how that goes. But hey, at least we’re making ridiculous amounts of money each month with is super helpful.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I always start a B show ASAp when I run TCW. I like to give guys wins on the B show if theyre jobbing on the A show(s).</p>

Almost up to my first King of Kings.

TCW is ranked #2 in the world and neither SWF or USPW can touch me in Canada or the U.S.

Some of the cruiserweights are in the Major Star/Star area, but it is still spotty. Only one heel, so it makes feuds hard until I get a few other heels moved up. Edd Stone, Extraordinario Jr., E Hijo de Neutron and Velocidad are all doing great, with Frankie Perez hitting consistent (albeit lower) performances and establishing himself as kind of the heel gatekeeper for the CW division while holding the CW belt. Ant-Man, Blue Phantom, Roderick Remus and El Serpiente are all working their way up on the heel side of things. Amazing Fire Fly and Elliot Thomas are working their way up for the babyfaces. Not sure how many factions I will be putting together here.

My Development territory is 6 pop points from being Medium. They are ranked 6th in the world and I still have guys complaining about main eventing in a big indy while being paid top dollar. This instead of being on every other show and taking losses two or 3 times a month. I can certainly see why they complain. Titan is killing it there feuding with Logan Wolfsbaine, who is killing it more. Once his psych comes up he is gonna be HUGE on the main roster. Killer Shark is hanging out there because he has nothing for top row stats.

Doc and Matt Hocking came back from developmental and are getting ready to turn face for a run as Shock Doc. Tommy Cornell is going to beat Wolf in the King of Kings and immediately start turning.

Sammy has been doing great right up until the point he loses any kind of high level match. His gimmick has him losing a crap ton of pop that means two months of rebuilding before he can lose big again.

Joshua Taylor and Freddy Huggins are still hanging around and playing their part in feuds. Joshua has been doing really well of late and is in line for a push to the top of the card if he can make it there. Freddy is starting to come around.

Boriken Love Machine and Joffy Laine were both pinged as future superstars. I am killing their pushes simultaneously by feuding their tag teams against one another and whenever anyone gets too big they take a loss to the low man on the other team. This should go on for probably a year from the starting point. Also gives me a nice rivalry for them down the line. I figure once 2022 rolls around they can break into the big time and revisit their feud at he top of the card in 2023.

Jeremie Courtney formed the Courtney Corporation and is the lowest performing guy in almost all of the tags that group is in. And the TV champ to boot, with some help from his overperforming friends. I stole that idea, but I love the dynamic there. Would get the crowd furious at the guy for buying his way to everything. Tennessee William is one of his guys and he very nearly got to Star without me noticing. Had to kill that as he is not ready stats wise and way too young to go to Star from Recognisable in 2 months. Freddy is here too, thinking of working something with him to give him a chance to shine.

The top of the card is great with Ace, Tommy and Mighty Mo on babyface side. Greg, Jay, Wolf and an unstoppable (I've tried) Ernest Youngman on the heel side. Fro Sure (future superstar), T-Bone and Mr. Lucha 3 are all waiting in the wings on the babyface side, with Lucha 3 right on the doorstep. Fro Sure is a long term project and he will end up taking the short end of a few feuds to keep him at Star for a while.

Rereading through the first dozen pages of this thread is fun. It goes from 'EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE' to 'No wait, everything is fine, we can work with this' so quickly.

Haha yep! Though to be fair I always thought this roster was exciting. Having fully moved on from the Rocky Golden era, this is a very interesting TCW to play as, with the focus being on making new stars to hang up with Wolf Hawkins and Aaron Andrews, while simultaneously fighting USPW off. It's not as dire as SWF

Rereading through the first dozen pages of this thread is fun. It goes from 'EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE' to 'No wait, everything is fine, we can work with this' so quickly.

It is terrible though. The median age in my company is like 37. That's kinda the fun of it though. There's options to either run with the old people and really lean into it, or rebalance the roster with good young guys.

(I've chosen to run with the old guys.)

It is terrible though. The median age in my company is like 37. That's kinda the fun of it though. There's options to either run with the old people and really lean into it, or rebalance the roster with good young guys.

Easy disagree. The roster is ridiculously stacked. You've got a ready made lineup of great veterans to put over/teach the ready made lineup of awesome guys to push.

Wolf Hawkins/Andrews/Chord are insane straight up and basically have your ratings down pat until you can build up others. Bach is solid. Gauge can basically be main event ready within a month without trying. Mighty Mo, T-Bone Bright (who so many want to put over), Freddy Huggins are all main event push potential pretty quickly (T-Bone is out classing Bach for me before I've even hit Battleground). Flynn is also sweet.

Then if youre lucky youll get guys like Hocking/Stone/Remus who can blow up.

Legit great roster.

My read on TCW was that they're a perfectly balanced company, Old Guys are at the top, but good young dudes pepper the roster to replace them, and your two Aces are in their early 30s. you're set for a decade if you hire ban yourself. The guys in MAW are there for injuries, PGHW will send you periodic excursions for job guys. It's actually too good since the story is that they've dropped to medium and got run out of their home region for suckage and money loss.

Easy disagree. The roster is ridiculously stacked. You've got a ready made lineup of great veterans to put over/teach the ready made lineup of awesome guys to push.

Wolf Hawkins/Andrews/Chord are insane straight up and basically have your ratings down pat until you can build up others. Bach is solid. Gauge can basically be main event ready within a month without trying. Mighty Mo, T-Bone Bright (who so many want to put over), Freddy Huggins are all main event push potential pretty quickly (T-Bone is out classing Bach for me before I've even hit Battleground). Flynn is also sweet.

Legit great roster.

I disagree. I think you're confusing the roster being good, with just the game just being quite easy. The roster itself isn't great, it's just hard to fail when you learn the "rules" of getting good grades

I disagree. I think you're confusing the roster being good, with just the game just being quite easy. The roster itself isn't great, it's just hard to fail when you learn the "rules" of getting good grades

Why is it not good?

It's not RAW tier obviously which is basically perfect from the get go. But it's definitely great and there isnt a roster in the game I'd rather have and play off of.

The only tough part about TCW is if you play as head booker and have to deal with USPW/SWF going after your guys though I find it to be a bit more fun that way.

Flynn is also sweet.

Legit great roster.

I have sooo much trouble booking Hocking and Flynn to be anything more than losers. I just don't get their gimmicks really. Flynn is a muscle who isn't menacing in the least bit. Shocking Matt Hocking has all the feels of an 80s jobber.

What's your secret?