This is the thread to talk about PSW.

They're looking to be a pretty fun promotion to play this year. Probably the best promotion to play a long-term save and try to push into the top 3's level.

They've somehow managed to hold onto Nelson Callum and Ernest Youngman, while a series of other talents are ready to step up into the main event, too - including Xavi Ferrera, Logan Wolfsbaine, Cowboy Chuck Winchester, Austin Smooth, Sayeed Ali, and a revitalised Ash Campbell.

I reckon all of those are talented enough to at least hold their own at a TV-level promotion so if you can hold onto them for a decent amount of time you're bound to get some great performances.

You've also got a few useful tag teams just to make matters even sweeter.

PSW looks like a fun roster but if any of the big 3 start raiding it the talent is gonna drop off. Also you better believe I am signing Chip Martin and Original Sinner(Changing that name) and making them a tag team. I am trying to see if there is another PSW or Dave Alumni second gen wrestler so I can make them a stable.

I think PSW is gonna be my first save. I think I might convert product to Wrestling Nerd Nirvana. I'm not overly interested in hardcore products. This game seems to be easiest in my experience to use them tho. With roster additions it seems like PSW is naturally moving away from hardcore heavy product. Financially I don't see benefit of using hardckre product. There is a broadcaster that opens in March that will take on PSW to put on shows/events. I feel like the other Indy companies wouldn't be able to compete with PSW. Definitely if you have main event focus capitalizing on strength of Youngman and Callum.

Can't complain can't roster. So far seems kime co,pansies try to sign stars right away. You can sign workers to written iron clad deals at currentsize. So I may sign Youngman to a deal as soon as fiscally able to do so.

Nelson Callum, Ernest Youngman, Xavi Ferrera, Logan Wolfsbaine, Jake Idol, Jackpot Jordan, Austin Smooth, Sayeed Ali, Acid II, Ash Campbell, and ZomBoy seems like there may be potential there. The Samoan tag team are good additions too.

Need another major star to hell drawing power it seems. Acid is available and may make sense. He won't put over Acid II right away, but the crowd aren't fans of Stuntman

Storyline wise feels natural to turn Ash Campbell face to work with Callum. May look to bring on a third like Davis Wayne Newton to even odds. Those 3 are better served as heels but Fro Sure seems like only possible future figurehead available right now. And he may get picked it up right away.

Typing on ipad, sorry for any errors lol.

PSW will be my first save. I have pretty good plans laid out for the booking, but I am worried about the money. I also worry about there being many more heels than faces on the roster. The face/heel divide may be loosely enforced only, but the crowd reaction for the two or three heel vs. heel matches I've done has been really rough.

It's not an easy company to use, but there is a lot of potential, it feels like. Should be a fun first save.

• 1 month later...

So, I am through two years on my PSW save now, and damn, I love this company. I just got to Medium level at the end of 2021. Got a TV and event deal early on with WrestleWorld, and slowly worked my way up thanks to that. Guys like Youngman, Callum, Wolfsbaine, Campbell (my four pillars) have been fantastic the whole way, and I've made some shrewd signings of talent that didn't re-sign with the Big 3.

Eddie Peak, Greg Black, and Andre Jones have all been big for me, giving me guys to feud with my four pillars, and bring overall show quality up by leaps and bounds. I'm starting to get guys that aren't really in the PSW wheelhouse, but are so good that the crowds are accepting of them (Hijo Del Aguila Americana & Storm Spillane, to name a couple). The top half of my cards each time are high quality matches, while I keep working the bottom of the cards, looking to find someone who can be pushed.

It's going to be fun to see where things go from here, trying to grow at the right pace.

How many shows a month did you do to get TV deal?

Did you change product?

I did one night, taping all four shows for a month at the same time. Now that I moved up to Medium level, I am just now switching over to taping two shows at a time.

I have not changed the product. If I need to, it will just be a small change to High Flying Hardcore. I like the product, I'm comfortable with it. The restrictions aren't intrusive to my booking style at all.

• 1 month later...

For me, PSW has the most exciting roster to start with, a solid heel faction, multiple young stars in the making, then a mix of rookies/youngsters & solid experienced indie workers. I've changed my product to Hardcore Evolved though as I prefer it to Extreme Hardcore personally. I think when WrestleWorld comes out I'll probably launch a TV deal with them too.

Just going to finish long-term booking plans tonight then hopefully sink my teeth into it!

• 4 months later...

How are people finding PSW?

I agree the roster is in a good starting position. You can sign written deals straight away and already have some great talent, Ernest Youngman, Nelson Callum, Xavi Ferrera to name a few. I started a PSW game and I'm interested to see what signings do people make? I managed to grab Frankie Perez and Bunrakuken Torii as he walked out of BCG. I also snatched up Davis Wayne Newton (his friendship with Callum helps :))

These guys have been my first (and thus far) only save and I'm loving it. They're in such a fun position. A great roster but primed for talent raids, decently well established and decent money making potential but not so huge as to be on easy mode, good scope for regional battles cropping up.

It's been a fun first couple of years but with each passing year I find myself really scrabbling to hold on to my stars. Just got by Homecoming 2022 and Ash, Nelson, Idol, Jackpot, Winchester, Ernest, Eric Tyler even Akima Brave who I signed and put the title on have gone by the wayside.

I had been relying on the star power of ageing SWF stars who they let go (Brandon James is carrying my promotion Shane Douglas style right now) but now I have an owner goal that I can't sign anyone over the age of 38 so I've had to finally relent and start signing MAW & NYCW talents.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Dynamite Sid" data-cite="The Dynamite Sid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47622" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>These guys have been my first (and thus far) only save and I'm loving it. They're in such a fun position. A great roster but primed for talent raids, decently well established and decent money making potential but not so huge as to be on easy mode, good scope for regional battles cropping up.<p> </p><p> It's been a fun first couple of years but with each passing year I find myself really scrabbling to hold on to my stars. Just got by Homecoming 2022 and Ash, Nelson, Idol, Jackpot, Winchester, Ernest, Eric Tyler even Akima Brave who I signed and put the title on have gone by the wayside.</p><p> </p><p> I had been relying on the star power of ageing SWF stars who they let go (Brandon James is carrying my promotion Shane Douglas style right now) but now I have an owner goal that I can't sign anyone over the age of 38 so I've had to finally relent and start signing MAW & NYCW talents.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This thread has made me want to start a PSW game!</p><p> </p><p> So everyone keeps just the 1 show a month, until getting the TV deal on month 3 or 4?</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of booting up a PSW game for the first time.

Any tips of using hardcore matches? I haven't done any hardcore wrestling feds since MOSC so a lot has changed since they were last around. Are there enough hardcore matches or do you create some? Specific match pack anyone uses?

I'm also interested like CQI13 in how many matches people run per month. I usually like to do as many as financially possible, any other input there?

Thanks everyone.

• 10 months later...
Ever have one of those runs where everything is running smoothly? Then you're just about to cross the threshold to a medium company and locking up your talent when a wild TCW appears to offer contracts to all your top faces? Yep. I am in the middle of one. Lost Callum and Yongman too.

Love these threads just read through, not many Cornellverse content to read and follow at the moment.

Same. Love me some Cornellverse. There's a little WCW and WWE(F) inspiration like Youngman basically being The Hitman. Love how PSW has some great talent but they're just not a big enough company to keep them around. Totally inspired by ECW.

• 8 months later...

After a few play through, PSW might be the best balanced roster in the game right now. Tons of classic, familiar faces added to the roster (Rich & Famous, Samoan Demolition Inc., Sayeed Ali), underrated free agents (Jedediah, Winchester, Smooth) and newly created workers (Devil Dog, Lester, ZomBoy). There’s only 26 workers on a 20 minimum roster, much lower than the typical bloated staff of seemingly every other company.

My only issue is that it doesn’t feel as much a hardcore company as a super indie. Youngman, Ferrera, Callum and Wolfsbaine don’t seem the types to be “leading a revolution”

After a few play through, PSW might be the best balanced roster in the game right now. Tons of classic, familiar faces added to the roster (Rich & Famous, Samoan Demolition Inc., Sayeed Ali), underrated free agents (Jedediah, Winchester, Smooth) and newly created workers (Devil Dog, Lester, ZomBoy). There’s only 26 workers on a 20 minimum roster, much lower than the typical bloated staff of seemingly every other company.

My only issue is that it doesn’t feel as much a hardcore company as a super indie. Youngman, Ferrera, Callum and Wolfsbaine don’t seem the types to be “leading a revolution”

I think PSW is set to change product type based of roster. I plan on changing them to three ring circus in my save at year 3 or 4. It's like how Paul Heyman said that ECW would've evolved into the ROH type product.

• 11 months later...

Just finished year 7 of my PSW Save. We just became Big Size, Signed Wolf Hawkins, changing to Ruthless Aggression, and are on USA Sports 1. 

We've been through some phases.

First Steel Circle domination. Ernest became champion held it for 18 months losing to Logan who held it for 12. 

During this time ZomBoy went up the card as Madman Boone's protege. Ash Campbell turned face & ally w/ Nelson Callum. Cowboy & Jebediah had good tag chemistry. 

Xavi Ferrera turns heel & w/ help of DAVE veterans (such as Eddie Peak & Big Cat Brandon) wins the PSW title. We bought out CZCW at this time as well. Lead to massive tourney with Xavi Ferrera defeating Logan Wolfsbaine for DAVE World Title-CZCW World Title-PSW World Title. Ash Campbell & Nelson Callum unified tag titles from American Cobras & Latino Kings. Ash Campbell ended up taking down Xavi Ferrera. The DAVE group was disbanded and Nelson Callum cheated to win title ala Bobby Roode in TNA. Ash Campbell regained title but lost to rival Xavi Ferrera. During this time Cowboy was introduced to Jebediah's family also known as the Lehman Family. Jebediah Lehman the oldest brother, Joffy Lehman (Joffy Laine) the middle brother, and Ant-Man Lehman the youngest brother. 

Xavi still a heel brought Ernest Youngman face turn but it was ZomBoy who defeated Xavi for title. Joffy Lehman "sold out" and became JBL (I'll let you guess where I got this idea from) he became PSW Extreme champ (our midcard title) and became borderline main eventer. ZomBoy title reign was short lived as Dreadnought (who only had 1 loss vs Lassana Makutsi) won a tourney and beat ZomBoy. Dreadnought has had an almost 2 year reign. He has a "training camp" with Matt Blackburn & Seth Whitehead. JBL turned face saving Cowboy Buck (whom he was jealous of) from Dreadnought and people. Going to have JBL become my figurehead (he only has 76 SQ tho but 34 , high charisma, selling, pyschology. and interesting character) and defeat Dreadnought. Nelson Callum is parading around as a heel claiming to be the PSW GOAT (which he is) and Ernest is being recruited by Rich & Famous to revitalize the Steel Circle. 

The only people signed away from me were Pawnee Nation (Roger Monteiro & Ace Youngblood), Justice Jolson (was Steel Circle muscle), Sayeed Ali (mid card mainstay), and Antix (was in trio w/ Malik Cash & Sayeed Ali) I didnt rush to do TV Shows until May 2021. Then spread out PPV's was doing only 6 a year until I could sign to a Big sized PPV provider. I have do 12 now but trying to avoid rematches as much as possible. Here is link to imgur of all the Homecomings & last show really pushing myself to stick with save. I kinda want to do a COTT save & TCW/PSW save (Mitch & Phil takeover both) but I never had save go this long & really want to see how I can stretch it out. 

https://imgur.com/a/sTZ9OO5

• Like 2