I changed our event schedule to one a week on a Friday & have now made it into March. I’ve signed up with WrestleWorld but didn’t realise their 10% revenue to company was me getting 10% not them. Does anyone know if they’d have accepted a worse deal for them if I’d realised?

I’ve made March to Victory on the last week of March & using the 3 shows before that to build to who’s in the tournament. Who was everyone else’s first March to Victory winner?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed our event schedule to one a week on a Friday & have now made it into March. I’ve signed up with WrestleWorld but didn’t realise their 10% revenue to company was me getting 10% not them. Does anyone know if they’d have accepted a worse deal for them if I’d realised?

I’ve made March to Victory on the last week of March & using the 3 shows before that to build to who’s in the tournament. Who was everyone else’s first March to Victory winner?

You could've got at worst 55%.

How good are Marvin and Zap where you're at? The crawl to 17/18 pop is pretty easy. Afterwards it's a tad trickier. I've enjoyed both Marvin and Zap. They're a long way from getting the push tho on my end.

Im not playing solely for grades so I don't really enjoy tossing in say Whole Lotta Marvin on the mic every week when I don't feel like it's legitimately moving forward his feud with Southern Comfort. Southern Comfort is very Shield-like for me so they retain their legitimacy by swarming and beating up people. That doesn't get good ratings but that's what the story dictates for me so I go for it.

Getting a weekly is a double edged sword. If you grow too fast without your roster being able to keep up you might get a bit stuck.

Would love for you to post about how your game is progressing. I dig seeing how other people are playing them. I think it'll be especially fun once you start having that roster turnover and get grads. Or tough if you lose your ratings maker.

I've gotten Marvin up to 20 pop but that's mostly on Texas Justice being great in ring. I've kept them strong by having them win all multi man matches but Marvin never takes the pin. I had Marvin win the March tournament over two members of Texas Justice. Zap is totally gonna be stalled at 17/18 until he gets better in the ring and while he's improving there is no way he'll be ready for anything until next year at best. I added a weekly show in June. Only ran two weekly shows so far and I'm enjoying using Deever, Good, LaRoux, and Jewett boost up some of the other workers on the roster. Totally thinking of using the idea of hiring a couple of jobbers and a couple of veterans to help boost the roster.

I managed to cancel my WrestleWorld 10% deal & negotiate a new one at 55% without having to pay anything so happy about that. Thanks for the advice.

For me Zap Powerson has great tag chemistry with one of the ‘veterans’ I hired Rayne Man so I’m pushing them as a team called Rayne Power! Hopefully it’ll help to increase Zap’s skills as so far Rayne Man has been a great talent to push up the ratings of my youngsters.

Two (weekly) shows away from the March to Victory tournament & I've started qualifying matches. So far it’s only Moriarty Schnell confirmed but I won’t let him win it as he was sent home for soft drugs before my very first show. Clean since then but I’m still not pushing him too much as punishment.

I’m leaning towards giving the March to Victory win to Samson Sharpe. He’s the eldest of Southern Comfort & so probably should be looking to go to the next level by now...

I've gotten Marvin up to 20 pop but that's mostly on Texas Justice being great in ring. I've kept them strong by having them win all multi man matches but Marvin never takes the pin. I had Marvin win the March tournament over two members of Texas Justice. Zap is totally gonna be stalled at 17/18 until he gets better in the ring and while he's improving there is no way he'll be ready for anything until next year at best. I added a weekly show in June. Only ran two weekly shows so far and I'm enjoying using Deever, Good, LaRoux, and Jewett boost up some of the other workers on the roster. Totally thinking of using the idea of hiring a couple of jobbers and a couple of veterans to help boost the roster.

Thats mostly how I booked Southern Comfort vs. Marvin Crew. I would definitely hire some vets & jobbers. I think its something NXT did a lot themselves so its not unrealistic either.

I really dug booking LaRoux, I actually think he might bypass Good/Ratzolf to get the big push after I get Arnold & Hellion called up.

I managed to cancel my WrestleWorld 10% deal & negotiate a new one at 55% without having to pay anything so happy about that. Thanks for the advice.

For me Zap Powerson has great tag chemistry with one of the ‘veterans’ I hired Rayne Man so I’m pushing them as a team called Rayne Power! Hopefully it’ll help to increase Zap’s skills as so far Rayne Man has been a great talent to push up the ratings of my youngsters.

Two (weekly) shows away from the March to Victory tournament & I've started qualifying matches. So far it’s only Moriarty Schnell confirmed but I won’t let him win it as he was sent home for soft drugs before my very first show. Clean since then but I’m still not pushing him too much as punishment.

I’m leaning towards giving the March to Victory win to Samson Sharpe. He’s the eldest of Southern Comfort & so probably should be looking to go to the next level by now...

Glad you were able to renegotiate.

Moriarty Schnell also got caught with soft drugs for me but Im not really concerned about soft drugs in TEW so I never really punish people for it. If he was working high and screwing other people over, I'd certainly deal with it though. Turned off soft drugs after that incident.

Samson Sharpe is pretty solid tbh. He was one of the better guys right off the bat.

Are you all managing to keep 3 storylines over 35 heat? That'll be the Small requirement so best get ready for it if you have strict storylines on?

<p>Maybe ‘punish’ is a bit strong for the soft drug use of Moriarty. I probably meant not fully push. As he’s still gone from a pre-show nobody to a recognisable talent since that incident.</p><p> </p><p>

Good to know about the Storyline heat requirement. I think I have 2 on 35+ currently with two more pretty close. I keep getting penalties on my tag storyline because I accidentally get it featured on a pre-show match as I’m trying to find random chemistry!</p>

<p>I’m really building towards the March to Victory tournament but there’s something I’m a bit concerned about with a 8-man knockout competition where the two finalists will have 3 matches in a single show...</p><p> </p><p>

Are they going to get penalised for being over-used?</p><p>

Are they going to be dead from lack of stamina for the final?</p><p>

Anything else I need to mitigate?</p><p> </p><p>

Or is it okay to just do March to Victory as a 4-person tournament to limit these problems?</p>

I am 8 months game time into a RIPW save. So far SWF has not taken a single worker back. The only one they even hired was Duke Hazzard as a manager in the second month. I am starting to get burnt out. I thought this would be way different with SWF stealing my guys and making me constantly build up new stars. Unfortunately its been the same tired Forrest/Deever/Hellion/Willy Laroux/Marvin/Warick situation since the start

I am 8 months game time into a RIPW save. So far SWF has not taken a single worker back. The only one they even hired was Duke Hazzard as a manager in the second month. I am starting to get burnt out. I thought this would be way different with SWF stealing my guys and making me constantly build up new stars. Unfortunately its been the same tired Forrest/Deever/Hellion/Willy Laroux/Marvin/Warick situation since the start

I havnt tested this but it may be worth boosting the guys you want to get called up pop up to a number that is higher than RIPW's pop. That should trigger SWF to want to call them up.

Ah that’s a shame. Part of the excitement of playing a child company was having the threat of losing your top stars. If it doesn’t really happen you’re basically just controlling a small company with restrictions on half the game.

I had thought about this issue & am tempted to run RIPW for 6 months then add a second player character as SWF so I can mess around with RIPW a bit more...

I’ve not got to March to Victory still but worked out how to run it as a 8-person tournament without getting overused penalties. I had to change my winner as a result but looking forward to it playing it now.

I ran a quick test and at 40 pop Forrest got called up (I got the 1 month warning). I also raised Deever to 35 and Hellion to 30 and I didn't get them called up yet.

I think part of the problem is that callups seem to be based off the worker's pop compared to the size of the company.

Also though most of RIPW workers are rookies or only been wrestling for a few years so it makes sense they would stay in developmental for some time.

I guess its just RNG because I have Deever/Forrest/Hellion all 3 above 40 pop in New England now. I will probably finish the year and if nothing happens maybe move to a new save

I was able to get Deever and Forrest called up (Deever had 38 and Forrest had 40 pop) but it took like a week for Forrest and almost two weeks for Deever. No luck on Hellion just yet, but he lost to Deever and went back down to 35 pop. It seems 38 pop is the magic number (it may be 36 or 37 as well, don't feel like testing those numbers lol). I boosted Hellion back up to 40 and he got called up.

<p>Similarly to workers getting called up, has anyone had any workers not have their development contract extended by SWF?</p><p> </p><p>

I’m wondering if RIPW’s low popularity workers will eventually get older & older, never get called up but keep getting their contract extended? Is there a point when the AI will finally realise their development worker isn’t going to get popular enough to promote?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moafnsteel" data-cite="moafnsteel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47634" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was able to get Deever and Forrest called up (Deever had 38 and Forrest had 40 pop) but it took like a week for Forrest and almost two weeks for Deever. No luck on Hellion just yet, but he lost to Deever and went back down to 35 pop. It seems 38 pop is the magic number (it may be 36 or 37 as well, don't feel like testing those numbers lol). I boosted Hellion back up to 40 and he got called up.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have forrest and deever up to 50 now and neither one is gone. I think it ust must be unique to the particular game</p>

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve finally run my March to Victory tournament & it was a huge success, achieving a 41 overall show rating which is my best yet. Ratzloff fought Ozzie Goldstein in the final with the push going to Goldstein who’d cheated his way to the final. Ratzloff had been targeted by Hellion with attacks in the previous round after Ratzloff beat Hellion previously.

Deever Arnold retained the RIPW title over Warwick Good & this means I now have the heel Goldstein to challenge him if he can shake off the faces he’s upset along the way.

Having Goldstein & a few other older guys on the roster helps to keep the ratings up & I’m using them to build the younger chaps until they’re ready to hit the main event. Currently I felt there wasn’t anyone really ready for challenging Arnold (Hellion has bad chemistry with him!) so Goldstein can be the Triple H of the company until they are ready to step it up!

• 5 months later...
Hello! I remember seeing some really cool old-school RIPW graphics. I've been looking in different threads for them, but I can't track down the specific post. Could somebody help me?

Do you remember at all what they looked like? Was it just a company logo/banner or show logos and stuff too?

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Martel123 said:

I know this is bringing a dead thread back, but we are now 2 years into playing RIPW, what are some success stories you all might have had ?

10 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

I played them for two years in one save and no one was ever promoted lol.

I've wanted to play a RIPW save since TEW2020 came out and I never jumped into one until now. To be completely honest, running a child company was one of the major selling points and one of the features I truly wanted to see - I was beyond thrilled when the feature was originally announced. 

I really don't have any cool stories to share yet, still a very new game. I am taking advantage of the fact we have no monetary restriction though (thanks for footing the bill SWF!) and I'm running the monthly event with bi-weekly TV (2 taped at a time). My goal? Build up these younger guys and get them called up (hopefully see them do great things) while also building RIPW into a regional contender at the same time. 

Obviously, I'd love to turn a profit eventually, but it isn't the primary goal considering we'll never get to enjoy a dime of it. Really like the young roster that you start with... plenty of room to bring in others for $30/night handshake deals too. I even started a small women's division, Jerry said it was OK! ;)