TEW 2020 on Mac Tutorial (including MacOS Catalina)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I have an M1 Mac I decided to go ahead and do the parallels route since the newly released version 16.5 supports ARM based OSes. Running the Windows 10 ARM through the Windows Developer's Program is freaking awesome. Since I need my macbook for work, this is easily the best solution to play on the go.

It's fast as heck, uses very little power, and eliminates the issues that I had with crossover.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I just go an M1 MacBook Pro. Before I take the Parallels plunge, is it still the best route? And, if so, is the standard version sufficient?

I got it working decently with CrossOver. The Trick is to save often. There's a glitch on the first day in a new game that causes the game to crash. After I startup again it doesn't happen right away. I can usually book 3 shows at a time before it gets glitchy again where screens don't show up. Then I exit out again and reload it. I've played nearly a year and a half on a save game currently.

The game plays faster in my experiences on my M1 Macbook Air than my Ryzen 7 1700x with 32gb ram ever did. It can simulate a month of skipping ahead a lot faster.

The only thing that's stopping me from using Parallels is allocating part of my ram to run windows in the background and lowering my overall performance for the whole system when I'm not using windows.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Is Parallels still pretty much the only way to get TEW running on a M1 Mac? Don't really want to pay £80 for that:(

So for anyone else that might need it, I found some free windows emulation software called UTM and its running quite well:D.

• 3 weeks later...

I've not played TEW for years now, and don't know how to install TEW20 on a Mac with Monteray OS?

I've followed the instructions as best I could here

But I when I download the wineskin1.8.4, I can't get the new engine WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1 to appear when I press the + icon. Just nothing happens, no pop ups, nothing else to choose, so I've hit a brick wall.

Has anyone managed to get it working over the last year or so?

• 2 weeks later...
I've not played TEW for years now, and don't know how to install TEW20 on a Mac with Monteray OS?

I've followed the instructions as best I could here

But I when I download the wineskin1.8.4, I can't get the new engine WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1 to appear when I press the + icon. Just nothing happens, no pop ups, nothing else to choose, so I've hit a brick wall.

Has anyone managed to get it working over the last year or so?

Buy Parallels.

• 6 months later...

I've played TEW on an old Windows computer for years, but I think that computer is about to bite the dust. I really don't want to buy a new PC because it'd just be for TEW.

Are Mac users still using Parallels and playing TEW is still going fine through this program? I'm not super technically inclined but I think I could manage to install Parallels...

• 5 months later...
On 4/1/2022 at 7:21 PM, Midian said:

So for anyone else that might need it, I found some free windows emulation software called UTM and its running quite well:D.

Hello,

I tried my luck today with UTM, however if I try to open the installer exe (in my case TEW 16), it says "The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved"

Do you maybe have an idea how to tweak UTM to make it work?