"Amongst the legendary names from CWB's past are: Ed Henson, Iron Michael Milligan, The Boston Bomber and Wild Man Sullivan."

Q9Feiy0.jpg

X3ByVG3.jpg

J5IcMGk.jpg

Honestly this logo just suits the era perfectly. Would love to see you do more defunct Cverse company logos.

Yeah, i do like when its possible to offer a choice. The Cverse 70s US promotions especially where at game start 1977 many are facing going out of business within 6-24 months, and the enticement for players to play as them is "can you pull them out of their tailspin and survive into the 80s" its fun to try and think of design options for like 'staunch traditional' versus 'evolving with the times'.

While im in the area of the topic of puro animal roundels, an error i think i caused a long while back that weighs heavily on my conscious:

GCG's origin animal was (i believe) a tiger and not a lion.

CZl9UDT.jpg

BCG's origin animal was a lion.

8i8WS4o.jpg

I think my intention being that youd have Tigers v Lions, but then someone asked hey can you do a quick relabelling of that design for GCG (because BCG was just a request and not an official company in the gameworld at that point) and then several years later i totally forgot GCG was meant to be a tiger and went ahead and did another lion design and that compounded the issue.

I'm sorry GCG.

While im in the area of the topic of puro animal roundels, an error i think i caused a long while back that weighs heavily on my conscious:

GCG's origin animal was (i believe) a tiger and not a lion.

CZl9UDT.jpg

BCG's origin animal was a lion.

8i8WS4o.jpg

I think my intention being that youd have Tigers v Lions, but then someone asked hey can you do a quick relabelling of that design for GCG (because BCG was just a request and not an official company in the gameworld at that point) and then several years later i totally forgot GCG was meant to be a tiger and went ahead and did another lion design and that compounded the issue.

I'm sorry GCG.

Totally understandable you mixed the two companies up, they have similar names.

"The American Pro Wrestling Federation was the last major territorial promotion to open on the East Coast..

..in late 1972, another entity with significant financial backing emerged- Richard Eisen's Supreme Wrestling Federation,

going to war with APWF immediately, stealing Micky Starr and in the process revolutionizing the contract system

used in wrestling from informal agreements to...

..were outdone by SWF at every turn..

..a series of poor business decisions..

..now a shell of what they were and bleeding cash,

APWF is in the hands of youngster Terry Lambert."

jWYjSRB.jpgbSYoNsN.jpg

3lIwqnn.jpgagH99j8.jpg

wKUrrXL.jpgU9I0pow.jpg

APWF / AWF

American Pro Wrestling Federation / American Wrestling Federation

1969-1977

Semi-Mainstream Tradition

Classic Balanced

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

"All American Florida Wrestling, run by Dick the Devastator, is the foremost promotion in the Southeast territory and one of the earliest to form in the United States. AAFW's biggest asset has been being able to rely on Dick to stay around as the top star while still sharing the spotlight, and numerous launches into the wrestling stratosphere began in AAFW, such as Dan Stone, Micky Starr, and Rip Chord."

DSbJXH7.jpgAJIECD7.jpg

a5EY8CX.jpg 

qExCbRQ.jpgeQadomq.jpgueIsv8H.jpg 

AAFW

All American Florida Wrestling

1968-1978

Southern Wrasslin'

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Kamchatka said:

"All American Florida Wrestling, run by Dick the Devastator, is the foremost promotion in the Southeast territory and one of the earliest to form in the United States. AAFW's biggest asset has been being able to rely on Dick to stay around as the top star while still sharing the spotlight, and numerous launches into the wrestling stratosphere began in AAFW, such as Dan Stone, Micky Starr, and Rip Chord."

DSbJXH7.jpgAJIECD7.jpg

a5EY8CX.jpg 

qExCbRQ.jpgeQadomq.jpgueIsv8H.jpg 

AAFW

All American Florida Wrestling

1968-1978

Southern Wrasslin'

There’s a certain nostalgic beauty to all of these sets which perfectly represents the territory era of wrestling of the real world, but in Cverse. Another fantastic set. 

Yeah its really satisfying to put them together with a mind to how they're a mix of physical Lectraset designs and Scanimate motion graphics for the tv.

That good old text over a star field wrestling tv intro type of thing - rather than the modern clean digital stuff.

Edited by Kamchatka
  • Like 1