Cornellverse Rendering

As someone with terrible OCD, the variety of render styles in the Cornellverse absolutely destroys the game for me. You wouldn't have this level of graphical inconsistency in any other 35 quid game.

My question is, and it's probably for Adam, has it ever been discussed to hire a single artist to render the whole Cornellverse in a single style, befitting of a game in 2020? What would it take for that to happen?

<p>I’ve often felt that would be a good move. Potentially doesn’t have to be one artist though, the Thunderverse team have found a way to keep that consistent feel with multiple people rendering.</p><p> </p><p>

Safest place to start if it’s too jarring (and it can be for me) is Australia as there’s a large proportion there that are in the same style.</p>

<p>Footy manager has some clubs without badges and some with badges, FIFA has some players without pictures in career mode, PES has some pictures as generic renders and some as real photos.</p><p>

I think a lot of games can be very inconsistent when it comes to static images tbh mate.</p><p> </p><p>

In an absolutely ideal world consistency across would be great, some are showing their age now a bit, but I don't think its an expectancy for the price point personally. I did hope we might have seen a couple of updated ones as some there are still from TEW's first iteration lol.</p>

Footy manager has some clubs without badges and some with badges, FIFA has some players without pictures in career mode, PES has some pictures as generic renders and some as real photos.

I think a lot of games can be very inconsistent when it comes to static images tbh mate.

In an absolutely ideal world consistency across would be great, some are showing their age now a bit, but I don't think its an expectancy for the price point personally. I did hope we might have seen a couple of updated ones as some there are still from TEW's first iteration lol.

I mean, that's hardly a fair comparison. Two of the things you mentioned are licensing issues, and the other is very, very rare and only happens when they quickly patch in an emerging young player (usually after a cup debut).

As someone with terrible OCD, the variety of render styles in the Cornellverse absolutely destroys the game for me. You wouldn't have this level of graphical inconsistency in any other 35 quid game.

My question is, and it's probably for Adam, has it ever been discussed to hire a single artist to render the whole Cornellverse in a single style, befitting of a game in 2020? What would it take for that to happen?

I'm with you brother. I am busy right now replacing as many as I can with renders from the Cornellverse rerender project. My OCD triggers when I see some of the slapdash, crappy renders. Some have already been done automatically. See: Island Boy Apollo from 2016 to 2020.

That's why I'd stopped playing CV games in TEW 2016 and hopped over to ThunderVerse because its art style is consistent.

I mean, that's hardly a fair comparison. Two of the things you mentioned are licensing issues, and the other is very, very rare and only happens when they quickly patch in an emerging young player (usually after a cup debut).

Maybe, but I don't think the reasoning behind inconsistency is necessarily relevant in this case. I took the point at surface-value of is the inconsistency an issue in other $35+ games. Well, it is. Fair enough there are reasons behind it, but it's still inconsistent regardless.

Footy manager has some clubs without badges and some with badges, FIFA has some players without pictures in career mode, PES has some pictures as generic renders and some as real photos.

I think a lot of games can be very inconsistent when it comes to static images tbh mate.

In an absolutely ideal world consistency across would be great, some are showing their age now a bit, but I don't think its an expectancy for the price point personally. I did hope we might have seen a couple of updated ones as some there are still from TEW's first iteration lol.

Maybe some rare wrestlers, sure.

But when the Hall of Immortals looks like screengrabs from 20 different games, something has gone very wrong.

I also dont get how the addition of india was hyped up, but then theres not enough pictures for regens, not to mention that a lot of people are still using their old as hell renders while others like Ernest Youngman have shiny new ones, the community fixes this, sure, but i wish there was just one complete overhaul picture pack or something or have it be integrated in the game by default

I completely understand why there are so many different styles of renders in the game. I just wish they weren't scattered about so haphazardly. I feel like in previous editions, certain promotions would have a specific flavour, because they used one specific style. ACPW looked different from GSW. Now everywhere is everything with odd randomness thrown in.

Re-Render threads are great, but they shouldn't be mandatory.

the Thunderverse team have found a way to keep that consistent feel with multiple people rendering.

Multiple people have made those? That's amazing. Not a big fan of the renders personally, but I'm all for consistency so big props.

As for OP's question: that's just not possible. One single person? If it was a AAA game: perhaps, as he could pay them for it. It's a massive undertaking unless you're working with a base of templates like in the Thunderverse. It's a decision you're going to have to make. But it seems there was definitely some coordination in the Thunderverse in terms of shaders and lightning and posing. There's none whatsoever here, but it's understandable as I don't think Adam wants to impose these regulations and restrictions on people who are mostly volunteering to do it, so big props to them.

People are doing their best to rerender everything in the mod thread. You should take a look. I'm personally not a fan of the realistic renders, and definitely not a fan of the zoomed in look. One person does that - and I'm not judging, this is just me personally - and it almost breaks the worker for me if I couldn't change it. Good renders, and a really nice style, if it wasn't in complete contrast to the original style. But who cuts the forehead off the picture? Nobody does that, except for giants (Marat, Bruce,...), who need to stand out. This whole effect now fades because of some "design choice".

What he could've done imo is ask artists to remake all workers in one promotion, and perhaps potential signees. That would've solved a lot of issues as people playing Japan generally don't come in contact with US workers, and will tolerate gfx changes there.

Some of the new 5SSW renders are terrible. Karube, Saitoh, Hatayama and Maruya looks like they are all cheeks and no face.

Then you got some who are in the entirely other league, like masked Higa, Unstoppable Tai, Tsumura and Monster Ishimura who look great and whose renders emphasize their gimmicks.

Overall, I have to say that before everyone rerenders the old pics from 05, 08 and 10, lets make sure the new ones arent ugly.

Some of the new 5SSW renders are terrible. Karube, Saitoh, Hatayama and Maruya looks like they are all cheeks and no face.

Then you got some who are in the entirely other league, like masked Higa, Unstoppable Tai, Tsumura and Monster Ishimura who look great and whose renders emphasize their gimmicks.

Overall, I have to say that before everyone rerenders the old pics from 05, 08 and 10, lets make sure the new ones arent ugly.

While this is your opinion, you are wrong.

Multiple people have made those? That's amazing. Not a big fan of the renders personally, but I'm all for consistency so big props.

As for OP's question: that's just not possible. One single person? If it was a AAA game: perhaps, as he could pay them for it. It's a massive undertaking unless you're working with a base of templates like in the Thunderverse. It's a decision you're going to have to make. But it seems there was definitely some coordination in the Thunderverse in terms of shaders and lightning and posing. There's none whatsoever here, but it's understandable as I don't think Adam wants to impose these regulations and restrictions on people who are mostly volunteering to do it, so big props to them.

People are doing their best to rerender everything in the mod thread. You should take a look. I'm personally not a fan of the realistic renders, and definitely not a fan of the zoomed in look. One person does that - and I'm not judging, this is just me personally - and it almost breaks the worker for me if I couldn't change it. Good renders, and a really nice style, if it wasn't in complete contrast to the original style. But who cuts the forehead off the picture? Nobody does that, except for giants (Marat, Bruce,...), who need to stand out. This whole effect now fades because of some "design choice".

What he could've done imo is ask artists to remake all workers in one promotion, and perhaps potential signees. That would've solved a lot of issues as people playing Japan generally don't come in contact with US workers, and will tolerate gfx changes there.

I created a ton of the alts you see, dating back to the first game :)

I love JSilver's early work, personally, albeit there's a few too many with that floppy blonde hair! I'm looking at you, Davis Wayne Newton.

I mean, it IS possible. That's what happened with the first TEW game.

They did it with the Thunderverse and folks some of the re-renderers have already, for free, done a huge bulk of the roster.

This thread is spot on. I am currently swapping out all of the old busted ass redners with news ones from an old rerender thread. Taking forever. Will be worth it.

Does anyone know where to find some original company logos and banners? I want to make my own original promotion.

Considering I did everyone of those renders it's strange that you think half are terrible and ugly, in your own words, and half look great.

I understand that not everyone will be a fan of a certain render style and heck, not all my renders are great but before you start insulting someone's work next time keep in mind that along with myself there are a handful of posters on here that keep the re-render community thriving. We have all spent 100's of hours of our free time and thousands of dollars in daz3d materials, to make new renders for everyone to enjoy. We do it b/c we love the game and the community here so maybe check yourself next time and just don't use the render.

While this is your opinion, you are wrong.

Thank you

Considering I did everyone of those renders it's strange that you think half are terrible and ugly, in your own words, and half look great.

I understand that not everyone will be a fan of a certain render style and heck, not all my renders are great but before you start insulting someone's work next time keep in mind that along with myself there are a handful of posters on here that keep the re-render community thriving. We have all spent 100's of hours of our free time and thousands of dollars in daz3d materials, to make new renders for everyone to enjoy. We do it b/c we love the game and the community here so maybe check yourself next time and just don't use the render.

Thank you

Willrock, your renders are awesome. I have been spending hours the last 2 days going through the old render thread uploading your stuff to my TEW 2020 database. Thanks for all your work.