TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Just a quick question about Moves and Movesets

Other than occasionally appearing in the info screen for a match (Finisher used) do they feature anywhere else in the game?

I was just wondering how important they are to the game as a whole and if they are worth creating when designing a universe in the editor, or if they only play a minor role in game

Just a quick question about Moves and Movesets

Other than occasionally appearing in the info screen for a match (Finisher used) do they feature anywhere else in the game?

I was just wondering how important they are to the game as a whole and if they are worth creating when designing a universe in the editor, or if they only play a minor role in game

They only really play a superficial role.

Probably missing this in the handbook - what triggers the "(worker) hinted at future heel turn" note, and does it have any real meaning? Does it mean the eventual turn might be more successful?

It's just letting you know that the turn that you are building up is progressing.

Apologies if this has already been covered but what happens in situations where you're using alliance titles in a feud? For example if you're playing as TNA in 2004 and you want to book Jarrett (nobody wants that reign of terror again) to lose the NWA title to let's say Sting in a months time. Is it not possible he can drop the belt in a different company before that match happens?

Was considering doing a TNA 04 save but I was thinking it might be simpler just to end the NWA alliance and create the companies own titles?

Apologies if this has already been covered but what happens in situations where you're using alliance titles in a feud? For example if you're playing as TNA in 2004 and you want to book Jarrett (nobody wants that reign of terror again) to lose the NWA title to let's say Sting in a months time. Is it not possible he can drop the belt in a different company before that match happens?

Was considering doing a TNA 04 save but I was thinking it might be simpler just to end the NWA alliance and create the companies own titles?

You're asking if its possible to have somebody drop the title to somebody else on another companies show? If you are, it is not possible, friend.

Yes. It is entirely possible another company in the alliance could have Jeff Jarrett drop the title before you get a chance to.

In CV97, what happens when I sell the Stone Dome? I'm pretty sure the workers will still debut, but I assume they won't be listed as a graduate? I also take it that - when I restart the dojo, eventually - the link will be severed and the supposed graduates will no longer be Stone Dome? :confused:

Dan wants to me to make hard cash, and even though I'm baffled at the goal, I'll do my best to achieve it. However, it's superhard to make 750K in 2 years with NOTB that early when you're losing 10K/month from a dojo that doesn't do anything.

In CV97, what happens when I sell the Stone Dome? I'm pretty sure the workers will still debut, but I assume they won't be listed as a graduate? I also take it that - when I restart the dojo, eventually - the link will be severed and the supposed graduates will no longer be Stone Dome? :confused:

Dan wants to me to make hard cash, and even though I'm baffled at the goal, I'll do my best to achieve it. However, it's superhard to make 750K in 2 years with NOTB that early when you're losing 10K/month from a dojo that doesn't do anything.

Yea. You'll lose the link. Graduates will enter the wrestling world by other means.

Have you thought about other ways of saving/making cash? Lowering your product settings and trimming the roster for example? Hiring guys on per show deals?

Have you thought about other ways of saving/making cash? Lowering your product settings and trimming the roster for example? Hiring guys on per show deals?

There are no written deals in NOTB '97. I'm saving the maximum by hosting all TV shows in my own venue, the Stone Dome, in Ontario, all in the same area. I've made everyone come and live in my hometown. Maybe I can switch to holding events there, but I'm unsure of the finances. I think the extra crowd in Ontario will be better than the travel costs of 50$/worker.

I guess I can fire several of the schmucks like Ron Greenhorn and be done with dark matches, but my house rule is kinda to let all contracts run out and try and use all the talent that Jeremy signed before me. My... kindness got repaid by one of them injuring a promising star. :rolleyes:

I can also dismiss the chiropractor and masseur. Not sure how much that saves on a medium roster, but in NOTBPW that seems like a horrible thing to do for your talent, all to make money. :p

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Decent is enough for the status quo. Only awesome shows attract new viewers. Otherwise the db full be full of big companies.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I have a 19 pop in the tri state and I put on a 65 rated show. That is probably pretty good and not decent like I said</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="njmcfreak" data-cite="njmcfreak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"This show didn't result in any popularity changes" I don't think I was limited and I put on a decent show for my size (tiny) any reason why?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What were your ticket prices and what was the attendance? Was this the first show of the month or later in the month?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Scott Zodiac" data-cite="Scott Zodiac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What were your ticket prices and what was the attendance? Was this the first show of the month or later in the month?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Normal ticket prices and I believe it was the first show of the month, I just got a tv deal and it was the first show I put on TV. I mean I guess I should get some popularity since it's on TV for the first time.</p>

I just started my first game as developmental. And I am getting raided, day and night, by my parent company.

There seems to be no structure to it, just whenever someone starts to get over, they're gone. It's really frustrating. I doubt the parent company will do anything with them either, they're likely to just sit there unused. Is there something that I should know about, or any advice on how to make this feature more bearable? Seems like a once monthly list of a few guys getting the call up would be easier to swallow here.

Normal ticket prices and I believe it was the first show of the month, I just got a tv deal and it was the first show I put on TV. I mean I guess I should get some popularity since it's on TV for the first time.

You would have thought that you would at least get pop in the region you ran the show. I don’t know why this would have happened. If your show rating is much higher than your current pop, it should have increased. I think you are even told it’s increased even if it doesn’t tick over by a full whole number.

As a side note, try running cheap tickets until you get really popular. If you are increasing your merchandising you will actually make more money from cheaper tickets

You get 20% more fans through cheaper tickets and can make more on merchandising. I’ve done the math (as they say), and even with reasonable level merch, it’s only more efficient to switch to normal ticket prices once you get up to the high 80s.

There are no written deals in NOTB '97. I'm saving the maximum by hosting all TV shows in my own venue, the Stone Dome, in Ontario, all in the same area. I've made everyone come and live in my hometown. Maybe I can switch to holding events there, but I'm unsure of the finances. I think the extra crowd in Ontario will be better than the travel costs of 50$/worker.

I guess I can fire several of the schmucks like Ron Greenhorn and be done with dark matches, but my house rule is kinda to let all contracts run out and try and use all the talent that Jeremy signed before me. My... kindness got repaid by one of them injuring a promising star. :rolleyes:

I can also dismiss the chiropractor and masseur. Not sure how much that saves on a medium roster, but in NOTBPW that seems like a horrible thing to do for your talent, all to make money. :p

lol It's REALLY hard to make money and be generous to your talent. If you're using most of your workers every show the cost of the chiropractor and masseur adds up ( Well I think anyway ).

If they're on per show deals just don't use as many workers per show!

Have you considered selling your venue and basing your shows out of a pre-made location. Not sure of the math there, but it could be advantageous.

I just started my first game as developmental. And I am getting raided, day and night, by my parent company.

There seems to be no structure to it, just whenever someone starts to get over, they're gone. It's really frustrating. I doubt the parent company will do anything with them either, they're likely to just sit there unused. Is there something that I should know about, or any advice on how to make this feature more bearable? Seems like a once monthly list of a few guys getting the call up would be easier to swallow here.

They should be given you 30 days notice when they call people up. But they call people up as their popularity hits what they need on the main roster.

By playing as a developmental, you're just kind of opening yourself up to have your roster get plundered by the parent company. I've played as RIPW before and lost my entire main event scene at the same time. It's the nature of the beast. As your roster gets more and more popular, you'll lose guys.