2000 Historical Mod: The Millennium Bug

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have a detailed look at this. Awesome that you brought this to a release and also a great release post with naming all the great contributors who gave us the permission to use it. I didn’t contribute that much, so cheers to you and your patience. Hope you get a lot of feedback cause it’s a great timeline! :)

BUMPing this back to the Main Page, I’m not sure how this isn’t getting more love... it’s an EXCELLENT mod!

Appreciate the kind words :)

I can definitely understand why it isn’t as talked about rn, since I’m still adding to it. I have a whole lot more content and updates to give to it over the next few months, but for anyone who is playing rn current version, let me know any and all of your thoughts :)

For an alpha this is pretty great! Im one of those people who's super picky, and like to have a large list of workers and companies.. however this is amazing how it is currently! Can't wait for the updates and such. Been doing a watcher currently but thinking about doing a WWF save.

<p>This looks super fun and I'm appreciative of all the work you put into it! It feels like a fantastic start but as you say it's something of a work in progress. A few thoughts:</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Physical Health</span>: While some of your big name wrestlers are showing appropriate wear and tear (Bret Hart, Steve Austin, etc.) you've got a whole bunch of wrestlers with 100 in every category despite wrestling for years. For example, Tazz has 100 in every category despite missing almost all of 1995 with a significant neck injury. Conversely, you've got Chris Benoit with a 60 in every category, which seems *way* too beaten up -- wouldn't this much damage make his WWF success impossible?</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Attributes</span>: The attributes you have look excellent with the possible exception of personalities (see below). However, there seem to be a large number of missing attributes. For example, looking at Kane (Glenn Jacobs), it's strange not to see Plays Dominant Well. Nor Plays Mysterious / Occult Well. Likewise, you could easily make a case for Squash Master. (Speaking of Kane, he's also listed as having No Mask despite the character not unmasking until 2002.) Similarly, Dustin Rhodes has Plays Mysterious / Occult Well but shouldn't he also have Plays Offbeat / Unstable Well? And possibly Plays Comedy Well? Shouldn't Steven (William) Regal have Plays Swagger Well? Etc.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Personalities</span>: You've got a number of workers listed as Professional who arguably shouldn't be. Three quick examples: Bubba Ray Dudley has been called out by multiple wrestlers for taking liberties with them. You might check out what workers like Rene Dupree and Rico Constantino have said about him. Bob Holly has a rep for being a surly bully, working stiff and roughing up rookie wrestlers, particularly on the Tough Enough show. Tazz was known for being a brooding, miserable, intense SOB backstage, essentially "living his gimmick." I don't know that any of them should be Professional, which TEW 2020 defines as "a true pro and always acts as such." </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Stats</span>: Again, most of the stats look really sharp, and I like that you're not inflating everyone like so many mods do. But some numbers do look a little harsh to me, especially with Star Quality. For example, Tazz has a Star Quality of... 20? That's *really* low. It's hard to imagine Paul Heyman making the guy ECW World Heavyweight Champion with Star Quality that low. By contrast, Johnny Grunge and Rocco Rock have Star Quality in the 50s. Even David Flair has a 40. Likewise, Sid Vicious has a Star Quality of just 60. That's just barely above Tank Abbott's 55. I would have expected Sid to be somewhere in the 80s. High 70s at least. Maybe I'm just a mark for him, though!</p><p> </p><p>

Again, I love what you're doing with this, so I hope nothing I've said is too harsh. Please keep up the great work with this mod.</p>

Made a quick check and I guess the most of the data looks really promising. Can't wait for you to expand the mod to Japan, UK, Mexico and Europe. As said 2000 is one of the greatest timelines. You can save ECW and WCW and also have the WWF with the biggest stack of main-eventers or main-event-talents of all time. Really appreciate you work.

It’s the small things that matter to me, one of the ones I LOVE is that you have the WWF Title correctly called the “WWF Championship” and you have it set to an achievement so it won’t say the word “title” on the history screen. That’s how I set it now, and that’s honestly tickled me pink.

Something I’ve noticed wrong though, I don’t think Rikishi should be listed as the Leader of Too Cool, he’s either the Muscle or all three are equal members. They’re probably not a Brotherhood either (not related by blood or close friendship), I’d probably have them a Gang? What are other people’s thoughts on this?

It’s the small things that matter to me, one of the ones I LOVE is that you have the WWF Title correctly called the “WWF Championship” and you have it set to an achievement so it won’t say the word “title” on the history screen. That’s how I set it now, and that’s honestly tickled me pink.

Something I’ve noticed wrong though, I don’t think Rikishi should be listed as the Leader of Too Cool, he’s either the Muscle or all three are equal members. They’re probably not a Brotherhood either (not related by blood or close friendship), I’d probably have them a Gang? What are other people’s thoughts on this?

Nope, I really do think Rikish was the big man, no pun intended, for the group, and the only one keeping them in prominence for a minute. It is Too Cool & Rikishi so that he doesn't overshadow them. :p Muscle doesn't calculate as well into the stable's overall momentum rating, so you would definitely need him at least as "Member." I think Leader works just fine though. Gang or Brotherhood sound pretty good for them to me, so I'm not sure haha

Digging this mod so far, it is such a rich time period and you're starting to flesh out your own world nicely.

This looks super fun and I'm appreciative of all the work you put into it! It feels like a fantastic start but as you say it's something of a work in progress. A few thoughts:

Physical Health: While some of your big name wrestlers are showing appropriate wear and tear (Bret Hart, Steve Austin, etc.) you've got a whole bunch of wrestlers with 100 in every category despite wrestling for years. For example, Tazz has 100 in every category despite missing almost all of 1995 with a significant neck injury. Conversely, you've got Chris Benoit with a 60 in every category, which seems *way* too beaten up -- wouldn't this much damage make his WWF success impossible?

Attributes: The attributes you have look excellent with the possible exception of personalities (see below). However, there seem to be a large number of missing attributes. For example, looking at Kane (Glenn Jacobs), it's strange not to see Plays Dominant Well. Nor Plays Mysterious / Occult Well. Likewise, you could easily make a case for Squash Master. (Speaking of Kane, he's also listed as having No Mask despite the character not unmasking until 2002.) Similarly, Dustin Rhodes has Plays Mysterious / Occult Well but shouldn't he also have Plays Offbeat / Unstable Well? And possibly Plays Comedy Well? Shouldn't Steven (William) Regal have Plays Swagger Well? Etc.

Personalities: You've got a number of workers listed as Professional who arguably shouldn't be. Three quick examples: Bubba Ray Dudley has been called out by multiple wrestlers for taking liberties with them. You might check out what workers like Rene Dupree and Rico Constantino have said about him. Bob Holly has a rep for being a surly bully, working stiff and roughing up rookie wrestlers, particularly on the Tough Enough show. Tazz was known for being a brooding, miserable, intense SOB backstage, essentially "living his gimmick." I don't know that any of them should be Professional, which TEW 2020 defines as "a true pro and always acts as such."

Stats: Again, most of the stats look really sharp, and I like that you're not inflating everyone like so many mods do. But some numbers do look a little harsh to me, especially with Star Quality. For example, Tazz has a Star Quality of... 20? That's *really* low. It's hard to imagine Paul Heyman making the guy ECW World Heavyweight Champion with Star Quality that low. By contrast, Johnny Grunge and Rocco Rock have Star Quality in the 50s. Even David Flair has a 40. Likewise, Sid Vicious has a Star Quality of just 60. That's just barely above Tank Abbott's 55. I would have expected Sid to be somewhere in the 80s. High 70s at least. Maybe I'm just a mark for him, though!

Again, I love what you're doing with this, so I hope nothing I've said is too harsh. Please keep up the great work with this mod.

No, not at all, this is all very fair and things I'm working on as I get the game world all balanced out.

Made a quick check and I guess the most of the data looks really promising. Can't wait for you to expand the mod to Japan, UK, Mexico and Europe. As said 2000 is one of the greatest timelines. You can save ECW and WCW and also have the WWF with the biggest stack of main-eventers or main-event-talents of all time. Really appreciate you work.

Thank you for the help and I appreciate the kind words.

Yeah the stables thing is something I was tweaking, trying to find a way for the AI not to dismantle them as quickly as possible and not having a leader sent many stables to being dismantled, so I added Kish as one, but more than likely he will not be as the stables system seems more balanced now.

Nope, I really do think Rikish was the big man, no pun intended, for the group, and the only one keeping them in prominence for a minute. It is Too Cool & Rikishi so that he doesn't overshadow them. Muscle doesn't calculate as well into the stable's overall momentum rating, so you would definitely need him at least as "Member." I think Leader works just fine though. Gang or Brotherhood sound pretty good for them to me, so I'm not sure haha

Digging this mod so far, it is such a rich time period and you're starting to flesh out your own world nicely.

Thank you for the praise, hoping to get a more polished version going sometime in the future.

Just a Small update on things, I'm tweaking pretty much everything for the American data from momentum to physical condition , you name it. Right now Im focusing on the Mexican data, as I look to make the Big Two and also collaborating on Japan. So I'm pretty hopeful to have this gameworld expanded in America/Canada as well as bringing in a fleshed out Japan and Mexico.

• 3 weeks later...
How is the progress coming with this mod? I know lots of folks are looking forward to giving it a go when it's finished.

Going pretty well. The Goal is to have the next full beta release at around 1000-1200(Around 100 Future workers) workers and right now I'm about 600-620 workers. I've gotten Mexico/the UK and Europe active, pushing some more indy companies in both the US and Canada and then adding in Japan which will really push the worker count.. So while no definite time table, I'd say its looking pretty good, not fully fleshed out finished, cause I plan to keep on going with more and more until I'm out of any ideas, but its been progressing quickly.

hey guys I've just downloaded this mod just 1 question I cant book sting or mick foley on the 1st episode of impact neither of them are injured or contracted not to wrestle on A shows so is there something i've done wrong?

I think you might be on the wrong mod thread. If I can gather, this is meant for maybe the 2010 mod? If it is this mod then Sting is unavailable for WCW like some other main eventers for the company to simulate him not being on the show until around April. For Foley, he should be available to be booked right away for this mod.

I think you might be on the wrong mod thread. If I can gather, this is meant for maybe the 2010 mod? If it is this mod then Sting is unavailable for WCW like some other main eventers for the company to simulate him not being on the show until around April. For Foley, he should be available to be booked right away for this mod.

oh woops sorry guys i dont know why i posted this in here lol

I've been playing around with the idea of a 2000 mod so I've got a ton of notes, please don't take them personally.

Popularity in general is way off: if you look at the default data, 50-60 is where established but non-pushed midcarders like John Green and Robbie Retro live. You have people like Jeff Jarrett, Stephanie McMahon, at that level. In January 2000, Stephanie is one of the top heels in the biggest company in the world and Jeff Jarrett is the U.S. champion and has been in the midcard to upper midcard for the last 5 years. Putting them that low trickles down to the next level, where Raven has a 40 and Sean Waltman has a 45: that means Waltman has the same starting popularity as Harry Allen, former TCW tag team and cruiserweight champ, while Raven is just as popular as the Handsome Stranger, a former SWF midcarder who runs a Puerto Rican promotion.

I made this to help create a baseline using the descriptions from TEW 2016, with added descriptions:

Worker Popularity Level

Icon: 93-100 -very top level guy

Huge Star: 85-92 -main eventer in national or bigger company

Star: 78-84 -lower tier main event guy

Draw: 71-77 -potential main eventer, top level that will sign with cult

Well Known: 63-70 -cult level main event guy, upper midcarder in top promotion

Recognizable: 58-62 -established name, featured TV performer

Regional Star: 41-57- Main eventer in regional to cult fed, mid-level guy in national fed

Regional Level: 21-40 -has a recognized name/gimmick, but not a main eventer, even in a regional company

Unknown: 1-20 virtually unknown anywhere, may not have established gimmick.

Right now, Mr. McMahon, Undertaker, Big Show, Kane, and HBK are "well known" perception, rather than star, despite all five being former WWF champions. Then you don't have multiple time champions and pushed upper midcarders like X-Pac, the Outlaws, Shane & Stephanie at the well known level.

Other stuff:

Bradshaw and Farooq are listed as heels (henchman), when they were already doing the beer-drinking, card-playing face act.

British Bulldog is a face, he should be a heel as he had just feuded with Rock and teams with Angle in January/February.

Debra should a face, she turned on Jarrett and is off TV.

Gillberg should not be under contract- he makes one appearance in February 2000, and is working indy shows all through 1999 and 2000.

Hardcore and Crash Holly should be heels who just worked with Rock & Mankind, and Hardcore is feuding with Jericho.

Ivory is listed as a face.

Lita has not debuted, debuts in February as a face, should be in developmental.

Scott Vick debuts in March, should be in developmental.

Stevie Richards should be a face, doing the sidekick/impersonator gimmick.

Terri manages the Hardyz for the moment.

Trish debuts in March, should be in developmental.

Rikishi and Too Cool are red hot in January 2000, and Scotty and Rikishi should probably both have "Hot New Move" and significantly better starting momentum.

Droz is not in the game- should either be retired wrestler, or an active wrestler with a spinal injury that will cause him to retire.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lazorbeak" data-cite="lazorbeak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48001" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've been playing around with the idea of a 2000 mod so I've got a ton of notes, please don't take them personally.<p> </p><p> Popularity in general is way off: if you look at the default data, 50-60 is where established but non-pushed midcarders like John Green and Robbie Retro live. You have people like Jeff Jarrett, Stephanie McMahon, at that level. In January 2000, Stephanie is one of the top heels in the biggest company in the world and Jeff Jarrett is the U.S. champion and has been in the midcard to upper midcard for the last 5 years. Putting them that low trickles down to the next level, where Raven has a 40 and Sean Waltman has a 45: that means Waltman has the same starting popularity as Harry Allen, former TCW tag team and cruiserweight champ, while Raven is just as popular as the Handsome Stranger, a former SWF midcarder who runs a Puerto Rican promotion.</p><p> </p><p> I made this to help create a baseline using the descriptions from TEW 2016, with added descriptions:</p><p> </p><p> Worker Popularity Level</p><p> Icon: 93-100 -very top level guy </p><p> Huge Star: 85-92 -main eventer in national or bigger company </p><p> Star: 78-84 -lower tier main event guy </p><p> Draw: 71-77 -potential main eventer, top level that will sign with cult </p><p> Well Known: 63-70 -cult level main event guy, upper midcarder in top promotion</p><p> Recognizable: 58-62 -established name, featured TV performer</p><p> Regional Star: 41-57- Main eventer in regional to cult fed, mid-level guy in national fed</p><p> Regional Level: 21-40 -has a recognized name/gimmick, but not a main eventer, even in a regional company</p><p> Unknown: 1-20 virtually unknown anywhere, may not have established gimmick.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Right now, Mr. McMahon, Undertaker, Big Show, Kane, and HBK are "well known" perception, rather than star, despite all five being former WWF champions. Then you don't have multiple time champions and pushed upper midcarders like X-Pac, the Outlaws, Shane & Stephanie at the well known level.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Other stuff:</p><p> Bradshaw and Farooq are listed as heels (henchman), when they were already doing the beer-drinking, card-playing face act.</p><p> British Bulldog is a face, he should be a heel as he had just feuded with Rock and teams with Angle in January/February.</p><p> Debra should a face, she turned on Jarrett and is off TV.</p><p> Gillberg should not be under contract- he makes one appearance in February 2000, and is working indy shows all through 1999 and 2000.</p><p> Hardcore and Crash Holly should be heels who just worked with Rock & Mankind, and Hardcore is feuding with Jericho.</p><p> Ivory is listed as a face.</p><p> Lita has not debuted, debuts in February as a face, should be in developmental.</p><p> Scott Vick debuts in March, should be in developmental.</p><p> Stevie Richards should be a face, doing the sidekick/impersonator gimmick.</p><p> Terri manages the Hardyz for the moment.</p><p> Trish debuts in March, should be in developmental.</p><p> Rikishi and Too Cool are red hot in January 2000, and Scotty and Rikishi should probably both have "Hot New Move" and significantly better starting momentum.</p><p> Droz is not in the game- should either be retired wrestler, or an active wrestler with a spinal injury that will cause him to retire.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Don't Worry, I don't any criticism as a personal attack. I welcome it and mostly agree with the criticism echoed by yourself and others on here, which helps to reflect the updates to this. </p><p> </p><p> -The Face and Heel starting dispositions should be updated and tweaked.</p><p> -As well as momentum and attributes for everyone has been updated and Terri has been added as a manager, not sure why she wasn't before, must have slipped my mind.</p><p> -The popularity of everyone has been overhauled, if I remember correctly this was the popularity starting points for when the caps on popularity were stricter in previous patches and I was looking to test those caps. That has been completely overhauled and changed for almost everyone in the database. </p><p> -Lita/Trish are on the main roster simply as a basis of MCW being pretty obscure to find information on and even function for the WWF in game as a second developmental. More than likely gone fix this by putting both on starting Hiatus until their irl debut or might stuff them down in OVW Not too sure yet what I will do with the two.</p><p> -Droz and other retired or deceased wrestlers are being added after I get the active people set in stone, so that is something I've set aside for down the line.</p><p> -Gillberg is something thats kinda tricky to replicate, I might just have him on a expiring handshake deal so he can drop the Light Heavyweight title and leave the WWF. There isn't from what I can see any real proper way for me to try and replicate that in game aside from maybe a loan deal with WWF or a handshake deal.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> And for anyone looking for any more progress on this mod. I have gotten every region with at least 1 company, excluding India and Australia, but probably gonna add WWA as a future company for Australia.I have gone through to add attributes and overhaul popularity for everyone in the game right now and I'm at about 850 workers. Got more starting storylines for the big three in America and trudging through WCW shows to find more storylines, since the creative is all over the place at this time. Still waiting on a more fleshed out version of Japan, but I'm in no huge hurry right now as I have a lot of stuff to overhaul. The milestone is 1000 active wrestlers and that is at about 780 right now, but I'd say that I'll probably hit that milestone by the end of the month, then I'm onto title histories, events, etc. for other companies. I got no real ETA for this Version 1 of the beta besides I'm working hard on it still and getting some real nice progress.</p>