EMLL - Lucha Underground for CornellVerse

Despite the LU feel, the in game description mentions comic books and fighting games. I think the no cheap finishes thing is a nod to the “must be a winner” aspect of fighting games.

Hmm so does not cheap finishes just mean finishes with no winner. Cause usually a intentional DQ is a cheap finish but there is still a winner. Can I not use the cheap finish ending but still use the tainted finish ending without penalty?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I found another thing I'm not so hot on for EMLL - and really while I want products to be adjustable - Fans are put off by cheap endings. This promotion has people from Hell, undead, a trickster god. Wouldn't they be expected to cheat to win. It doesn't really seem to match the theme of the promotion.

Wouldn't a cheap ending be something like a Dusty Finish or a disqualification?

Yeah there are a few I haven't figured out yet. Some that just say "from elsewhere in the multiverse." So far i've got them separated into mostly Prime, Dark, and Hellmouth with a few outliers

Prime

Anarchist

Aprendiz Jr.

Blue Wolf

Boriken Love Machine

Captain Lucha

El Bandito Jr.

Hijo Del Vigilante

La Estrella

Powerful Man

Pyromaniac

Scorpion

Snake King - It says that he is a follower of the Snake God who broke the universe into the multiverse but not that he is from another realm

Tarantula - It says he worships the Spider god but not that he's from a different realm

Hell Mouth

Calavera

El Hijo Del Fantasma

Guerrero Muerto

Hellfire

Dark

Charron

Cyclops

La Bestia Morada

Malefic

Samael the Accuser

Trickster

Future Prime

Rey Soldado

Time Stream

Screamer

Water World

Dolphin Master

???

Death's Head

Decipher

Delirium

Demon King

Goblin Prince

Noxious

I'm thinking about making Goblin King from a Fey universe and giving him a bunch of Fey followers like Redcap and stuff. Death's Head is part of the KoB but not sure if the KoB is from the Dark Dimension or not.

I also like the Zebra Man is the only sane one among the field of Chaos.

If anyone has a different take or I missed something I'm all ears. I love this stuff but I'd like to get at least the given canon stuff right.

My interpretation is that Hellfire is from "Prime", he merely debuted at the Hellmouth event, that happens in July, a funny coincidence considering his name. Noxious seems to be from "Prime", too, nothing indicates he's from elsewhere in the multiverse.

As for Snake King and Tarantula, they definitely are each from their own individual universe, so I'd put them in the "???" category.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Civnid" data-cite="Civnid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48020" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My interpretation is that Hellfire is from "Prime", he merely debuted at the Hellmouth event, that happens in July, a funny coincidence considering his name. Noxious seems to be from "Prime", too, nothing indicates he's from elsewhere in the multiverse.<p> </p><p> As for Snake King and Tarantula, they definitely are each from their own individual universe, so I'd put them in the "???" category.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is zero indication that Snake King is from anywhere but Prime. As a matter of fact the Snake God he follows is who split the universe into the multiverse and since prime is the central universe he must be from Prime. Tarantula could be from elsewhere but unlike every other character from somewhere in the multiverse other than prime, dark or the hellmouth. His bio doesn't say elsewhere. it just says he follows the spider god that's it.</p><p> </p><p> Hellfire you are right. I misread he says he debuted at Hellmouth not that he was from The Hellmouth. So he probably is from Prime. Although I may team him with a few other devil based luchadors and have them be from actual Hell. And it looks like you are probably right about Noxious too.</p>

I assume the split came from somewhere other than Prime, and that Prime is supposed to be the normal world we live in, with nothing wacky like a snake god.

My assumption is that prime is the center of all things. And before there was a multiverse there was just Prime. So if the Snake God shattered the universe into the multiverse he had to have been from Prime.

Thanks for putting everything in one thread. EMLL went through a big change and this is saving everyone from scouting bios and storylines all over. It's been my favourite Mexican promotion and making it all out Lucha Underground only makes it better. The "alternate universes" thing feels very Avengers like and really helps those not into lucha libre's intricacies buy the wacky characters and storytelling.

I have really fell in love with this company and now the save im doing is pretty hype

• Dolphin Master is attempting to get to his homeland using his ring, with help from Rey, however Charron is going to be a mystery attack who has hired hitmen such as Malefic and Deadly Deadshot in attempts to kill them
  • El Serpiente debut as a poor version of Snake King, Attempting to bring down the false king to his level
  • Cap Luchas powers dissappeared and he lost the title to Death's Head, so now he is going on a journey up a mountain to his mentor to try and get help!
  • Zebra Man has no idea whats going on!
  • Tarantula has bitten scorpion and now Scorpion is a half scorpion half spider hybrid
  • Demon King won the Chaos Ring, and thus is resurecting his "army" he said he would, although this needs to be elaborated on

I love this roster and this company man!

I have really fell in love with this company and now the save im doing is pretty hype

• Dolphin Master is attempting to get to his homeland using his ring, with help from Rey, however Charron is going to be a mystery attack who has hired hitmen such as Malefic and Deadly Deadshot in attempts to kill them
  • El Serpiente debut as a poor version of Snake King, Attempting to bring down the false king to his level
  • Cap Luchas powers dissappeared and he lost the title to Death's Head, so now he is going on a journey up a mountain to his mentor to try and get help!
  • Zebra Man has no idea whats going on!
  • Tarantula has bitten scorpion and now Scorpion is a half scorpion half spider hybrid
  • Demon King won the Chaos Ring, and thus is resurecting his "army" he said he would, although this needs to be elaborated on

I love this roster and this company man!

I like this. I also gonna bring in El Serpiente and have him work with Snake King. Going to bring in Cobra, and another American Brawler who can work Mexico as Rattler and make a group that are servants of the Snake God from across the Multiverse.

And was actually thinking of grouping Tarantula and Scorpion and come up with a couple of other workers re gimmicked as other members of the family Arachnida.

And then to figure out how I want to populate the Kingdom of Blood with Death's Head.

Amazing thread, guys! I love EMLL in 2020, absolutely my most fun two months-run with the beta, so far.

I immediately used my available cash to create my own pay-per-view broadcaster because I felt like this product was kind of wasted as solely live experience and because I wanted to book a bit more, after the Battle Of The Multiverse, I had weekly PPV events. Very much a cash cow...

I did adhere to the rule of only having 1 on 1 matches which made for a very interesting challenge. Early on it's not too hard even with a show every week because the roster is talented enough to easily get a lot higher ratings than would be necessary to improve popularity (especially Guerrero Muerto and Captain Lucha were just complete bosses in my short game).

But at a certain point, I think I'd always re-introduce multi-man matches because as many of you have pointed up, this promotion is just begging for lots and lots of awesome factions.

I already have some storylines mapped out spanning a little over the first year (hinging on some of the top guys and especially Guerrero Muerto not being stolen, which could be a problem...), so EMLL may very well become my first full-on game with the full release.

On thing that bothered me a bit, though... looking at most of the descriptions and the make-up of the roster, I feel like the product assigned to the company is pretty far off.

Unless I'm mistaken (which could be, I haven't investigated it fully) the Grindhouse Lucha product means vocal crowd reactions to anyone who has a low hardcore skill (most notably DeCipher, but quite a few others, too). And I feel like that just doesn't really fit with the promotion as it is presented to us - weird, comic book-y and fun.

I'll probably change the product to Comic Book Lucha either in the editor or in-game for my first serious run at EMLL.

Just wanted to note (shamelessly boast really) that I was the one who suggested the Grindhouse Lucha Libre product and it is indeed based off of Lucha Underground. Not that this was unclear but just wanted to say that.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the product used in the default C-Verse database and particularly proud to know he actually went with that name, it's easily my favorite name among the ones I suggested.

I think I'm also gonna find a way to do a weekly show. And I'm also gonna move away from 1 v 1 matches. But what I think I'm gonna do is have a big build up till the Season Finale - I think in may it is - and it will make it to the first stable wars multiman match and then after that I will start having more multiman matches on shows.

I might try EMLL for more than a month or two this time around. The one vs one always turned me off. I'd stick with it for the TV shows, but all my events (named after video games) would use multi-man gimmicks- Double Dragon, Super Smash Brawl (4-way), Super Smash Melee (Battle Royal), Worlds Collide (trios), etc.

Now, with the tecnico/ rudo divide not being enforced, the all 1 on 1 thing is less of a big deal, though I'll almost certainly slowly change the auto-booker to do more multi-man matches.

The big question is who do you hire? Even by Lucha Libre standards, I think ideally you'll want people who are gimmicky as all get out.

Amazing thread, guys! I love EMLL in 2020, absolutely my most fun two months-run with the beta, so far.

I immediately used my available cash to create my own pay-per-view broadcaster because I felt like this product was kind of wasted as solely live experience and because I wanted to book a bit more, after the Battle Of The Multiverse, I had weekly PPV events. Very much a cash cow...

I did adhere to the rule of only having 1 on 1 matches which made for a very interesting challenge. Early on it's not too hard even with a show every week because the roster is talented enough to easily get a lot higher ratings than would be necessary to improve popularity (especially Guerrero Muerto and Captain Lucha were just complete bosses in my short game).

But at a certain point, I think I'd always re-introduce multi-man matches because as many of you have pointed up, this promotion is just begging for lots and lots of awesome factions.

I already have some storylines mapped out spanning a little over the first year (hinging on some of the top guys and especially Guerrero Muerto not being stolen, which could be a problem...), so EMLL may very well become my first full-on game with the full release.

On thing that bothered me a bit, though... looking at most of the descriptions and the make-up of the roster, I feel like the product assigned to the company is pretty far off.

Unless I'm mistaken (which could be, I haven't investigated it fully) the Grindhouse Lucha product means vocal crowd reactions to anyone who has a low hardcore skill (most notably DeCipher, but quite a few others, too). And I feel like that just doesn't really fit with the promotion as it is presented to us - weird, comic book-y and fun.

I'll probably change the product to Comic Book Lucha either in the editor or in-game for my first serious run at EMLL.

My goal is to take this company through a couple of years, and keep just 1v1s. I will incorporate factions but even with them. I can still keep 1v1s

I like this. I also gonna bring in El Serpiente and have him work with Snake King. Going to bring in Cobra, and another American Brawler who can work Mexico as Rattler and make a group that are servants of the Snake God from across the Multiverse.

And was actually thinking of grouping Tarantula and Scorpion and come up with a couple of other workers re gimmicked as other members of the family Arachnida.

And then to figure out how I want to populate the Kingdom of Blood with Death's Head.

I like Serpiente, it's just the clear feud for Snake King. I think imma keep KoB with just Death's Head for the foreseeable future. He's kinda my main unstoppable bad guy. And in my mind so far. Will be for a lot of the first year of the save

Rings?

loving what they have changed with EMLL so far

I've introduced some stables and teams as its obviously much more suited than 1 on 1

Im a little stuck as to the meaning of some of the rings and looking for some inspiration as they are obviously something to fight over.

Ring of Destiny - easy one similar to MITB

Ring of Chaos - binds another wrestler to you - i like this could have multiple meanings for stables, tag teams, turns and fueds

Ring of Life - Unsure of this meaning and a little lost for ideas for what i could change it to?

And what could happen when the three rings are united under one wrestler or stable?

loving what they have changed with EMLL so far

I've introduced some stables and teams as its obviously much more suited than 1 on 1

Im a little stuck as to the meaning of some of the rings and looking for some inspiration as they are obviously something to fight over.

Ring of Destiny - easy one similar to MITB

Ring of Chaos - binds another wrestler to you - i like this could have multiple meanings for stables, tag teams, turns and fueds

Ring of Life - Unsure of this meaning and a little lost for ideas for what i could change it to?

And what could happen when the three rings are united under one wrestler or stable?

You rule them all? lol sorry

Just been looking at this company for the first time today (I'm still really new to TEW) and I"m really intrigued by it. Yes the 1v1 thing could be a bit too challenging and I don't know why the ring images are missing but everything else seems fun. It seems tailor made for factions/stables and storylines which is what makes wrestling great.

So just did my 2 months and want too give a recap of what I did too maybe help others/give ideas

-I created an EMLL Network which is killing money but at this point I just want too tell a good story

-I ended the Demon King and Captain Lucha storyline first show, feeling it was dumb too have two faces fighting when there are a lot bigger things to attend to.

-I deleted about 8-9 of the events and focused on an AEW-esque PPV/TV schedule.

-I had the Snake/Guerrero storyline end when Snake brings Guerrero into his temple where they had a cinematic match. The Crowd loved it.

-Death's Head is slowly taking over after winning Dolphin's ring and now having two. He is almost the most powerful being in all of EMLL.

-Rey leads the Time Corps with Captain Lucha being the figurehead.

-El Hijo Del Fantasma has become a spy in the HellMouth Group and is working with the time corps.

-Samael has become sort of the Bill Cipher, he has no objective yet but he is the most powerful luchador in the company and is more powerful then Cap and Death's head (But if Death gets a hold of the third ring, he becomes basically a god.)

-Tarantula has won the Ring of Chaos and is slowly bringing an Animal Stable together

-Death's Head is currently sacrificing luchadors too please his master (AKA The Devil, ala Matanza in LU S4)

-The Ferryman (aka styx) is Death himself. He brings people down too hell and has no allegiances.

-El Bandido Jr is about too begin a Hitmen Brotherhood, with the Mecinarios and Vigilante

-Workers like Charon and Trickster arent liked by the fans so I plan on sacrificing them and cutting them

-Currently, Captain Lucha and La Estrella are fighting, with the idea being Estrella does not care about the multiverse or even know how powerful people are and just wants gold. Meanwhile, DeCipher is taking advantage of both of them so he can win the title, get in the good graces of the powerful people so he can go home.

-Guerrero and Hellmouth are fueding with Demon King, which will lead too a mask vs mask match. I plan on bringing in "The Clone Master" with him creating "The Rule Of 3 Ring" with Death's Head.

-Because of the massive roster, I dont have a story for everyone, so Im trying too use Death's Head too sacrifice a bunch of the rest of the people I have no use for.

That's it for now, hoping the full game comes out soon.