January 2004 Ruthless Aggression TEW 2020 Mod (ABANDONWARE/FREEWARE

I'm 4.5 years into a local to global save using this mod and just wanted to say, again, that it's absolutely incredible work. I already loved the TEW2016 version but playing an updated one on TEW2020 has been a blast so far.

My only gripe is that there are a bunch of duplicate workers. I should've taken note of them as they debuted but I stupidly didn't. Off the top of my head - Rene Paquette/Renee Young, Athena/Ember Moon and Apoc/Apocalypse spring to mind. Would be great if you could clean this up for others (I've done it on my end as I see the dupes pop up), but otherwise this mod is stellar.

Thanks again for all the work put into this :D

Have you seen anymore dupes?

Just a little progress report, I was in touch with my partner, he ran into life problems so the update on his end has been a bit slow. He's hoping to get it to me by the end of February. I do apologize it has taken so long. That was not my goal. I'm thinking about releasing a minor update today or tomorrow with minor fixes. Nothing noteworthy or game changing. Just Quality of Life things.

<p>Really enjoying this mod. First time I've really been able to sink my teeth in 2020 so thank you for putting a mod out there that feels complete but is still getting continued support.</p><p> </p><p>

Discovered an issue, but not sure if it's the mod or the new product system. Obviously you've set WWE as having the Ruthless Aggression product which is supposed to allow violent matches as long as they aren't deathmatches. Just tried to book Mysterio v Chavo and JBL v Simmons at Mania in Ladder and a Street Fight respectively, but the game won't allow me to book them as the content is too violent/risky for the audience we attract.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jean-vic" data-cite="jean-vic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Really enjoying this mod. First time I've really been able to sink my teeth in 2020 so thank you for putting a mod out there that feels complete but is still getting continued support.<p> </p><p> Discovered an issue, but not sure if it's the mod or the new product system. Obviously you've set WWE as having the Ruthless Aggression product which is supposed to allow violent matches as long as they aren't deathmatches. Just tried to book Mysterio v Chavo and JBL v Simmons at Mania in Ladder and a Street Fight respectively, but the game won't allow me to book them as the content is too violent/risky for the audience we attract.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Are you able to actually run the match but just get a penalty for it? In my save I can have those match types but I get a penalty for running high risk matches. I'm not sure why Adam made it that way as we got a lot of high risk matches and everyone loved them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrVillain" data-cite="MrVillain" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you able to actually run the match but just get a penalty for it? In my save I can have those match types but I get a penalty for running high risk matches. I'm not sure why Adam made it that way as we got a lot of high risk matches and everyone loved them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When I try to book them it gives me a message that those match types aren't suitable for our audience and then takes me back to the booking screen.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: Closed and reloaded game and returned to pre-booking screen. Let me book them this time. Gave me the warning but let me book. </p><p> </p><p> Still, seems silly that a product described as violent doesn't allow violence....</p>

I dunno guys, I don’t think anything WWF/E ever did would be called “High Risk”. To me, even their most Hardcore or Last Man Standing type matches would be no more than Medium risk, despite how much they pumped themselves up.

High Risk is some of the extreme type stuff ECW and smaller feds do IMHO. Actual Deathmatches and the like.

I dunno guys, I don’t think anything WWF/E ever did would be called “High Risk”. To me, even their most Hardcore or Last Man Standing type matches would be no more than Medium risk, despite how much they pumped themselves up.

High Risk is some of the extreme type stuff ECW and smaller feds do IMHO. Actual Deathmatches and the like.

I agree. The best fix for this would probably be to make multiple match types depending on risk levels. Example:

1 vs. 1 Cage match (low risk) - think the old blue bar cage matches during the WWF New Generation/throwaway cage matches on tv

1 vs. 1 Cage match (medium risk) WWE style PPV cage matches that featured some blood

1 vs. 1 Cage match (high risk) The bloodier style cage matches that use more high risk content

Something like that, obviously using the actual terms in the good would be a decent workaround to match settings by product and give more freedom in booking

One thing I think should be added down the line is narratives for Goldberg, Lesnar and Rock leaving. I could have signed Goldberg and Lesnar again without any trouble, but I'd rather follow history at this point and put them on hiatus, and Rock being on a ten year contract is extreme when, again, he appeared once in nearly ten years. Just a suggestion for future updates.

About to hit Mania XX. Can't wait to see how my roster does, and what surprises the draft the following night throws at me :D

That's fair to say

I agree. The best fix for this would probably be to make multiple match types depending on risk levels. Example:

1 vs. 1 Cage match (low risk) - think the old blue bar cage matches during the WWF New Generation/throwaway cage matches on tv

1 vs. 1 Cage match (medium risk) WWE style PPV cage matches that featured some blood

1 vs. 1 Cage match (high risk) The bloodier style cage matches that use more high risk content

Something like that, obviously using the actual terms in the good would be a decent workaround to match settings by product and give more freedom in booking

This really isn't a bad idea to be honest

Let me say this is the best Mod i've ever played. I'm still into my WWE game, now in 2009.

it's amazing.

Oh wow, would be keen to see about your game in the “what’s happening in your game” thread over in the main forum.

While you’re there, post your champions in the “who’s your champions” thread too!

In 2006 now post mania. The mod is good but a lot of people are missing. I tried importing people from a different mod but that just led to a lot of trouble with clones.

Who would you say are missing? If you imported missing people then they showed up as clones, then they weren't missing...

Some Chikara Identities worth knowing about. I'd suggest putting workers in under non-Chikara gimmicks when possible and putting CHIKARA ones as alter egos.

Drew Gulak = Soldier Ant (Gulak)

JC Ryder = Fire Ant (Ryder in data)

Tracy Williams = Green Ant (Green Ant in data)

Arctic Rescue Ant / Bullet Ant = Jixx (Arctic in data)

Alex Reynolds = combatANT (combatANT in data)

Zito = assailANT / Worker Ant II (assailANT in data)

Isias Velazquez = deviANT (deviANT in data)

Vin Gerard = Equinox I (Equinox in data)

Leslie Butterscotch = Hydra (Hydra in data)

TJ Cain = Jervis Cottonbelly I (Jervis in data)

Victor Vanek, originally known as RB Banks = Missile Assault Ant (Missile in data)

Lucky 13 = Retail Dragon (Dragon in data)

John Silver = The Shard (Shard in data)

Mike Quackenbush = Darkness Crabtree (both in data DUPLICATE)

Chuck Taylor = Orbit Adventure Ant (both in data DUPLICATE)

For the curious, here's a full list of "known" Chikara identities.

17 (I) = Kyle Matthews

17 (II) = Ophidan

Amasis = Desean Pratt

Archibald Peck = RD Evans

Arctic Rescue Ant = Jixx

Argus = Ryan Zane

Ashley Remmington = Dalton Castle

assailANT = Zito

BLANK = Logan Easton LaRoux

Blaster McMassive = Thomas Sharp

Bullet Ant = Jixx

Carpenter Ant = Pinkie Sanchez

Chiva Kid = Andrew Everett

combatANT = Alex Reynolds

Create-A-Wrestler = A Very Good Professional Wrestler

Danjerhawk = Mach10

Darkness Crabtree = Mike Quackenbush

Dasher Hatfield = A Very Good Professional Wrestler

Deaucalion = Chainsaw King

deviANT = Isaias Velazquez

Donald Kluger = Rob Locke

Dr. Cube (II) = Jakob Hammermeier

Dragon Dragon = Various, Eddie Kingston

El Hijo del Ice Cream = Mike Quackenbush, Various

Equinox (I) = Vin Gerard

Equinox (II) = Jimmy Olsen

Equinox (III) = Ace Haven

Flex Rumblecrunch = Sean Burke

Fire Ant = Orange Cassidy

Green Ant (I) = Lince Dorado (only appeared at ringside, never wrestled)

Green Ant (II) = Kazuhiko Miyakami

Green Ant (III) = Tracy Williams

Helios = Ricochet

Hieracon = Jonathan Gresham

Hydra (I) = Orange Cassidy (only appeared once)

Hydra (II) = Leslie Butterscotch

Hype Rockwell = CA Elliot

Ice Cream Jr. = Hallowicked, Chuck Taylor, Various

Ichabod Slayne = Icarus

Jasper Tippins = Joe Keys

Jervis Cottonbelly (I) = TJ Cain

Jervis Cottonbelly (II) = Hallowicked

Jervis Cottonbelly (III) = Kevin Condron (AKA Gentleman Jervis)

Kid Cyclone = Kevin Condron

Kodama = Louie Valle

Lance Steel (I) = Hallowicked

Lance Steel (II) = Niles Young

Lithuanian Snow Troll = Alexander Bird

Mano Metalico = DJ Hyde

Max Smashmaster = Sebastian Reese

Merlok = Havoc

Milo Schnitzler = Pat Mathews

Missile Assault Ant = Victor Vanek

Mr. Azerbaijan = Chuck Taylor

Moscow The Communist Bovine = A Very Good Professional Wrestler

Nokken = TJ Marconi

Nytehawk = Mike Quackenbush

Obariyon = Chris Peaks

One-Eyed Jack = Victor Benjamin

Orbit Adventure Ant = Chuck Taylor

Polar Baron = Jakob Hammermeier

Prakash Sabar = Officer Bruno Meloni

Qefka The Quiet = Daniel Yost

Race Jaxon = Logan Easton LaRoux

Razerhawk = Razerwyng

Red Queen = Lady Frost

Retail Dragon = Lucky 13

Rick Roland = Rex Lawless

Rock Lobster = Smiley

Saturyne = Hania The Howling Huntress

Silver Ant = Tracy Williams

Slaash = Various, Pinkie Sanchez

Sloan Caprice = Mike Verna

Soldier Ant = Drew Gulak

Swamp Monster = Various, Pete Dunne, Daffney, Dolph Ziggler

Sylverhawk = Wheeler YUTA

The Latvian Proud Oak = RD Evans

The Mysterious & Handsom Stranger = RD Evans

The Shard = John Silver

Ultimo Breakfast = A Very Good Professional Wrestler

Ursa Minor in the Night Sky = Jixx

Very Mysterious Ice Cream = Claudio Castagnoli

Volgar = Lucas Calhoun

Vokoder (I) = Sami Callihan (was supposed to be Vokoder but never actually appeared)

Vokoder (II) = Tim Donst

Wani = Kai Katana / Kyler Khan

Worker Ant (I) = Slacker Martin

Worker Ant (II) = Zito

• 3 weeks later...
I still have not received the big update from my partner. When I teamed up with him this wasn't supposed to take half a year to complete. I do apologize to anyone who has been waiting for this update. This was not my intention. From what he's told me is that it'll be great.

• 2 weeks later...
I still have not received the big update from my partner. When I teamed up with him this wasn't supposed to take half a year to complete. I do apologize to anyone who has been waiting for this update. This was not my intention. From what he's told me is that it'll be great.

Did your partner give you an ETA or even a ballpark estimate for it? I'm itching to start a new game but I've been holding out.