<p>Most likely letter grades aren’t coming back.</p><p> </p><p>

So as an alternative, can we have an option for 1-10 number system?</p><p> </p><p>

I prefer to play in pro mode with the level of uncertainty. But the numbers aren’t good on my eyes. I would be more comfortable looking at “5 - 8” rather than “53 - 85”</p><p> </p><p>

Same for match grades. Scoring a 6 out of 10 looks better to me than a scoring of 64 out of 100</p>

Most likely letter grades aren’t coming back.

So as an alternative, can we have an option for 1-10 number system?

I prefer to play in pro mode with the level of uncertainty. But the numbers aren’t good on my eyes. I would be more comfortable looking at “5 - 8” rather than “53 - 85”

Same for match grades. Scoring a 6 out of 10 looks better to me than a scoring of 64 out of 100

I mostly agree with this. I like having the more detailed double digit numbers available when I want to go into detail in some instances. However, the vast majority of the time I just want to take glance an get a quick impression of a skill.

For example, when I'm on the "Workers" screen, I rarely want to go into every little detail about a worker. I usually want to scroll through lots of workers quickly, while glancing at the headline figures. I then like to click into the full profile of the workers that grab my attention.

With my (not necessarily representative) play style in mind - there is pretty secure research into the relative speeds of cognition when viewing single and double digit numbers (Martin Fischer at Potsdam does great work in this area). The conclusions are, as you might expect, that humans display significantly quicker and more accurate cognition when viewing single digit numbers.

This difference in cognition time - while measured in just a few seconds or less - seems tiny, but really adds up when trying to look over a large number of workers.

To be clear, I wouldn't advocate the complete removal of double digit numbers, and I doubt that would be a feasible request. Rather, I would prefer to see them retained in the detailed "Skills" screen within a workers profile, but to have a less detailed single digit number (or letter) visible on the overview (i.e. what you see of the worker on the "Roster" or "Workers" screens).

I think that there have been a lot of great upgrades to the interface in TEW 2020 and before that in 2016. However, I do think that the trend has been towards putting more on individual screens, sometimes at the cost of readability. This might save clicking time, but the benefits are often lost because of the additional time it takes to interpret what you are seeing on these more detailed screens.

I actually really liked the TEW 2010 "Roster" and "Workers" screens which served as great summaries of the worker you were looking at. They were less detailed but, as such, were more easily absorbable as summaries or overviews (which is what I really want from that first look at a worker).

Yea i find myself have to make multiple glances at the screen. Going deep into the skills page could present the detail. But I would be fine with just a user preference option to convert to 1-10 single scale.

I doubt the UI would ever support it but a toggle button would have been great to customize different screens.

Main page 1-10

Skills page 1-100

While I like the idea of minimalizing the numbers, I'm not a fan of this. I miss the old rating graphics and I think going down to a 1-10 scale will be even more of a drastic change from how the ratings have been shown for years.

Numbers aren’t tied to a picture anymore so the odds of that coming back are slim.

I personally would rather have an user preference option to switch from 1 - 100 to 1 - 10