<p>My first game once TEW2020 comes out is to see if a Japanese style promotion complete with a touring schedule and grand prixs can work in the States. </p><p> </p><p>

I plan on resurrecting GCG in America, buying all the old titles and keeping the lineages alive. For continuity and story purposes, what workers would you guys think would conceivably try this? Kudo? An American who used to work there? Someone completely different?</p>

<p>I don't know that you need to revive GCG to have a GCG-inspired promotion run America. </p><p> </p><p>

For example, you could reformat the Wrestling Premier League set to debut in Mid-South to be a Japanese style touring promotion. There's title renders in the 2016 forum that you could use, you could position an ex-GCG wrestler from the Mid-South like Pistol Pete Hall or Nathan Coleman as a booker or owner, and then bring in some guys like Henry Bennett to help provide some veteran airs.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48699" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know that you need to revive GCG to have a GCG-inspired promotion run America. <p> </p><p> For example, you could reformat the Wrestling Premier League set to debut in Mid-South to be a Japanese style touring promotion. There's title renders in the 2016 forum that you could use, you could position an ex-GCG wrestler from the Mid-South like Pistol Pete Hall or Nathan Coleman as a booker or owner, and then bring in some guys like Henry Bennett to help provide some veteran airs.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Puro in the Mid-South raises another interesting question. Bringing Lucha into Tri-State... Hardcore wrestling into Europe... a ROF style promotion in Mexico... what would be the "weirdest" type of promotion in a certain area?</p>

<p>ROF Style in Mexico would basically be trying to make Llave (Mexican version of catch wrestling) something more than what all lucha wrestlers do when being trained and then just forget about entirely. There's a few older guys like Negro Navarro and Solar who do Llave pretty well still, but otherwise it's not a big thing. So it wouldn't be too strange.</p><p> </p><p>

Lucha in Tri-State just makes me think of Rey Mysterio and Psicosis and those guys popping into ECW for a cup of coffee in between AAA and WCW. Not unlikely, but not crazy. </p><p> </p><p>

And a lot of Japanese wrestlers actually toured the likes of Tennessee and Texas, if you're curious about the Mid-South. Great Kabuki was the main guy in Dallas, Tojo Yamamoto was king heel in Memphis and Nashville, but there was a lot of exposure between AJPW and NWA overall. NJPW tended to focus more on the Northeast, West Coast or Canada.</p>

<p>I actually did something a lot like this in 2016, and obviously it makes even more sense now. </p><p> </p><p>

I used Joel Bryant. </p><p> </p><p>

He's far from a GCG legend, but he is an alumni, so it's conceivable he made some contacts/stayed in touch. It's no longer in his bio but I'm pretty sure he was the booker for TCW during a decent time for them. </p><p> </p><p>

In 2016 I've got a feeling he had just lost the book with the whole BriCo thing but perhaps it still stings in 2020 and he wants to prove he can do better. </p><p> </p><p>

I also like the fact that he's already based in the US so it's perfectly realistic he'd open up there.</p>