Can we takeover / buy a closed promotion?

Hi!

The title says it all. I would really like if it was possible to revive a dead promotion instead of creating a new one.

Not that I've been able to deduce. At best, you can buy their titles, but TV shows, event names, and the name of the company would need slightly different names. Maybe that would be something to suggest for the next game. After all, if Cody can buy up a bunch of expired WCW trademarks for AEW, the player should be able to do the same thing in a game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48708" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The only other option is to go into the editor and change it to active before the game starts.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That would be good enough, I guess. But if it was possible to buy or revive inactive companies, we could also buy them has child companies.</p>

<p>I definitely like this idea. I've been doing an AWA storyline in my WCW game, and while adding things in via the editor would definitely work, it could also be fun from an in game perspective, too. </p><p> </p><p>

It could really help the in game world feel really alive in a new way.</p>

I wish this was possible. Reviving a promotion and then trying to get them on top would be really fun. I think you could possibly clone whoever it is you want in the database, make them active/set a debut date in the database, and then import them into your game but I haven't actually tried that so IDK if that'll work.

If you really want to use a company that's out of business as a child company just open a new child company and us the name, in this case AWA, and put a period or something at the end of the initials and company name so it doesn't come up as a duplicate.

If you want the title lineage then buy the old titles and use them. It's not the best work around but it works.