It depends on the size of your company, and depends on more than just their popularity (their momentum, etc). It's impossible to say "Major star = this popularity range", because that's not how it works.

Edit: Previously mentioned the worker's style. This was true for pushes in 2016 but seems to no longer be a factor in perception.

You can’t map popularity to perception with any ease I don’t think. It’s impacted by your company size, the popularity of your other workers(?) and momentum.

No, only by your company size and adjusted by momentum.

It depends on the size of your company, and depends on more than just their popularity (style vs. your product, their momentum, etc). It's impossible to say "Major star = this popularity range", because that's not how it works.

Are you sure about styles?

Are you sure about styles?

Not 100% sure. It's not mentioned in the handbook entry, but 2016 factored styles into push.

I've just re-checked the data example I was thinking of and it's not actually true, must've misread (I thought Tana was Well Known despite being more over and having more momentum than a lot of Stars, but he's actually a Star too, my bad!). So yeah, upon further review, the call is overturned. ¬_¬

Not 100% sure. It's not mentioned in the handbook entry, but 2016 factored styles into push.

I've just re-checked the data example I was thinking of and it's not actually true, must've misread (I thought Tana was Well Known despite being more over and having more momentum than a lot of Stars, but he's actually a Star too, my bad!). So yeah, upon further review, the call is overturned. ¬_¬

I'm glad :D That is one of the things that i really like about this perception system.

What I’ve found interesting is something I’ve noticed over the last day or two (and I may be totally wrong here, there’s still a lot of unknowns for me), but booking for RAW, I can easily gain a point of pop for the company with every show, but my workers are really struggling to gain ANY pop at all.

So it results in my company growing in pop rapidly and workers dropping down categories as their pop shrinks in relation to the company.

Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this?

Can someone please tell me when someone is considered unimportant - major star?

For example: 0 - 37 = unimportant (dont know if It's true, this is why I need your help 🙏🏻)

Relevant section of handbook.

"Perception is calculated as follows. First the worker's popularity rating is created. This is the average of their popularity in the company's home region and any other region in which the company has 5 or more popularity AND is not more than 6 points of popularity less than that of the home region. (In other words, it's basically all the regions of current importance to the company.)

This score is then modified by their current momentum - high momentum increases it (up to 20% for white hot), low momentum lowers it (up to 25% for ice cold.)

Secondly, the company's popularity is created; this uses exactly the same calculation method as the worker's version.

If the worker's rating is greater than the company rating +6 they are a Major Star; greater than or equal to 90% of the company rating they are a Star; 75% or more = Well Known, 50% or more = Recognisable, otherwise Unknown.

So, looking at my current ACPW game. I'm at 30 in Quebec, and not within 6 of that anywhere else, so everyone's going to be compared to that.

Major Stars and their Quebec overness

Canadian Dragon 44

Grimm Quibble 39

Mimic 40

Mario da Silva 36

Kenny Callaway 35 (interesting because it's the boost from his Hot momentum which gets him here!)

Stars

Ant-Man 36 (so more popular than KC, but at Neutral momentum he doesn't get that all-important boost.)

Hugh de Aske 31

Gram Gorman 31

Eric Blackley 30

Dagger 30

Jayson Van Pelt 30

Jamie Atherton 29

What I’ve found interesting is something I’ve noticed over the last day or two (and I may be totally wrong here, there’s still a lot of unknowns for me), but booking for RAW, I can easily gain a point of pop for the company with every show, but my workers are really struggling to gain ANY pop at all.

So it results in my company growing in pop rapidly and workers dropping down categories as their pop shrinks in relation to the company.

Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this?

there's a pop cap for your workers depending on how big your company is. i would suspect maybe that's the reason?

there's a pop cap for your workers depending on how big your company is. i would suspect maybe that's the reason?

Speaking of which, do we know what those caps are for each size yet? I didn't see anything while skimming the handbook, outside of a vague reference in the entry for Popularity Caps.

I doubt every single worker on my roster has hit their cap, surely not?

Hey Jaded, that’s a fantastic post, really explains a mechanic I didn’t quite understand yet (it really does pay to read the handbook, doesn’t it?). Thanks again, man.