Make Road Agents Less Expensive

Looking in Australia, if I want to hire a new road agent for RAW, I could grab any of the following (as a few examples):

Lanny Williams - Psychology 78, Experience 100, Respect 82.

Highest overness in Oceania 32.

Estimated cost per month - $38,500

Original Lone Rider - Psychology 87, Experience 100, Respect 80.

Highest overness in Oceania 32.

Estimated cost per month - $44,400

Owen Oldacre - Psychology 73, Experience 100, Respect 72.

Highest overness in Oceania 22.

Estimated cost per month - $24,500

However, if I looked at wrestlers instead I could get

Armando Guerrero - Psychology 78, Experience 100, Respect 74.

Highest overness in Oceania 16.

Estimated cost per month - $3,400.

He's happy to sign as a wrestler for just over that estimated cost, at $3,430. He'll then make himself available as a road agent if asked, without any effect on his morale that I can see.

Having switched autosave off, I reloaded the game and tried it the other way around, asking him to make himself available before I signed him. His estimated cost per month jumped by about 800% to $30,900, and negotiating a contract which was the same as the other one in all other ways (written/iron-clad/2 year length/10% merch) meant he demanded $31,740 a month.

Is there a reason road agents seem so massively overvalued?

To elaborate on this. Dean Daniels, who is basically being groomed to become a road agent wants 58'000 for his next contract, even though he has 35 pop across the board. That would be one of the top 5 contracts in TCW. Same in SWF, where Enforcer Roberts wants to get paid 72'000 (and, in my game playing as BHOTWG, is not renewed because of it [i assume])

I think this is done to replicate the value of their skills -- and not their popularity.

For a wrestler, if I hire wrestler A who is extremely skilled but has no popularity in my region, eventually (assuming I push him) his popularity is going to rise and he's going to ask for more money on his next contract (or a raise on the handshake deal).

For road agents, announcers, commentators, etc. who are hired based off their skill and NOT their popularity, in 2016 in was way too easy to afford top tier talent. You could have an announcer like Lee Bambino, who in 2016 was the best announcer you could hire for skill, potential, and wage (IMO). He was insanely cheap. I had him in my The Climb game as my lead announcer and he was paid a couple of thousand dollars a month on a written deal and he called five shows a month at least and he never really asked for raises.

This system, while it can be annoying because there are really skilled agents that I can't afford (playing as a company with 0 popularity in England, I'd love to hire British Samurai, but he's too expensive) means I have to go with a less-skilled agent who is more affordable.

I really don't want the system to change that much, as it is based off their skillset.

I think this is done to replicate the value of their skills -- and not their popularity.

I really don't want the system to change that much, as it is based off their skillset.

I get that it's based on their skills to an extent, but it's based far more on the arbitrary 'road agent' classification. I've currently got Handsome Stranger working for me. He has 80 psychology, 100 experience, 82 respect, pop of around 48 across the US, and happy to wrestle and act as a road agent - he RA'd my last main event and did a great job of it. To test something out, I offered him a written contract, and after a little negotiation we settled on $19,000 a month.

If I want Cherry Bomb, whose stats are slightly worse overall (75/100/83, pop also 48 across the US) and who has the exact same personality of Stalwart (not seeing any other attributes that would seem to make a difference) I have to go up to $41,000 a month (and she can't even wrestle for me!)

I don't see why anyone would ever hire a road agent now. It's so much cheaper to get a wrestler and have them road agent and that surely can't be working as intended?