Owner Goals / Strict Storylines

Hey y'all,

Having a great time with the game!

Few things I could do with hearing some opinions on :

Who plays with Owner Goals on? Why? If you don't, why not?

Who plays with Strict Storylines on? Why? If you don't, why not?

Thanks! Hope you're all keeping safe :)

I usually play as an owner to not deal with owner goals, and I play with strict storylines on if I play as a company that doesnt require too many. And with them off if I play as someone that requires a looot. I like micro managing but not to the extent of having 10 "hot" storylines.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="pjs1986" data-cite="pjs1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48931" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey y'all,<p> </p><p> Having a great time with the game!</p><p> </p><p> Few things I could do with hearing some opinions on :</p><p> </p><p> Who plays with Owner Goals on? Why? If you don't, why not?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depends on the purpose of the game I'm playing. If it's for a dynasty that I'm either planning, or actually writing (they don't all make it ¬_¬), and is more about the "on-screen" action (ie, if the dynasty is more focused on the storylines in the company, rather than the company itself, where my user character is not important to the story) then I turn them off because they're not relevant to the challenge of that particular game. The challenge of those games for me is in being creative and coming up with storylines to write about and owner goals tend to get in the way. There's no danger of me getting fired, because the reader doesn't know who "I" even am in that scenario.</p><p> </p><p> If the focus of the game is about building a company up (not necessarily from the bottom, just if in general it's more focused on backstage happenings) then I leave them on, as they add to the drama.</p><p> </p><p> If I'm just playing a private game, I usually leave them on. I like the way it makes me do things I wouldn't ordinarily do.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48931" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Who plays with Strict Storylines on? Why? If you don't, why not?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Always. I'm a storyline guy. To me, if I don't have to focus on storylines I tend to get bored. Plus, they tend to be lenient enough in 2020 to the point where they're not really a problem to keep going.</p>

Thanks for quick responses, I'm constantly trying to find the balance between fun/challenge/realism and is really good to hear how other people play. I love the idea of owner goals making you do things you wouldn't usually do. I've often been annoyed with them (e.g. I can't hire Jericho in 1994) but actually it does mix it up a bit and stop me just hiring and pushing my favourite guys and gals.

<p>On and On.</p><p> </p><p>

I´m all in on immersion and if my fans want 5 Storylines, hell, I´ll give them 7.</p><p>

And if I´m not creative enough, I should be punished for that.</p><p> </p><p>

When playing as an owner, I tend to sign every Free Agent out there, because money is never a problem (as TCW, my main Company).</p><p>

As Booker, I´m atleast somewhat limited by Mr. Rhodes, adds to the challenge a bit. For example, I won´t be able to sign Matthew Keith this time, it´s not my decision, it sucks, but it is what it is. So I focus on other guys.</p>

I enjoy having little added challenges- if I'm doing some sort of other gimmick, I'll play as an owner, and if I'm not, I'll usually be a booker with Owner Goals.

I like the idea of Strict Storylines but for some reason I'm having issues with that in 2020 and might turn 'em off soon.

Owner Goals - always. It also tends to break up me signing a load of the same people every time.

Storylines - Yes, but open to changing once I play some long-term games in 20. Not sure how juggling those will be. I change this one depending on the save/database/company I'm using.

My suggestion? Play with everything on, and if you start getting annoyed with something as a negative turn it off. Like me this year and the "left off show" complaints. I feel like they're unrealistic and detract from the game, so off they go.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ubernoob" data-cite="ubernoob" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48931" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Owner Goals - always. It also tends to break up me signing a load of the same people every time.<p> </p><p> Storylines - Yes, but open to changing once I play some long-term games in 20. Not sure how juggling those will be. I change this one depending on the save/database/company I'm using.</p><p> </p><p> My suggestion? Play with everything on, and if you start getting annoyed with something as a negative turn it off. Like me this year and the "left off show" complaints. I feel like they're unrealistic and detract from the game, so off they go.</p></div></blockquote><p> That's really good advice. I used to always turn off the "Worker Overuse Penalty" option because it bugged me no end, but in TEW2020 my road agents give me a warning about overuse, so I'm happy to leave the option on this time around.</p>

<p>I always turn off strict storylines, and never use them. Storylines don't interest me, and become too much like work.</p><p> </p><p>

Owner goals I tend to leave on, just to add a layer of challenge and variety to the game.</p>