So, what kind of broadcaster is everyone making?

Um, so far that they are unbelievably OP. They cost basically nothing to start, and you instantly start printing overness, or money the second you get one to the point I've stopped using the feature entirely and am probably going to mass create some new chase station options instead. You don't have to do anything to draw eyeballs to it, or anything to keep them around. You'd think everybody would have their own channel by now.

I'm hoping internet subscription doesn't get touched too much. I'm losing money from it but gaining popularity which I think is a great trade off.

In the age of YouTube and monthly subscriptions, it seems about right.

Yeah - I haven't tried subscription but that definitely seems like a good trade-off.

If you can get on a regular broadcaster but have enough to start an internet broadcaster, is it even worth it to do the former? Do you go with your area broadcaster, but start up a service to gain pop in other countries ("Oh, hey, Europe has a booming wrestling industry right now...")?

If you can get on a regular broadcaster but have enough to start an internet broadcaster, is it even worth it to do the former? Do you go with your area broadcaster, but start up a service to gain pop in other countries ("Oh, hey, Europe has a booming wrestling industry right now...")?

Pretty much. If your not showing in those places then it's a good idea to show

Pretty much. If your not showing in those places then it's a good idea to show

Okay, and that leads me to a follow-up. I've done an iPPV with coverage in the home area and at least one other country, and while pop and money both increased significantly in the first month (particularly the latter), by February, any increases were solely limited to my home country. Has this happened to anyone else?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you can get on a regular broadcaster but have enough to start an internet broadcaster, is it even worth it to do the former?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, it's not. It's about control. Being able to control a broadcaster is HUGE, even beyond the financial aspect. It means never having to beg and plead in order to expand into a new market. For some promotions, it means being able to broadcast your content without watering it down (IPW, GSW, PSW, SNP).</p><p> </p><p> I'm actually interested to see what the 'adjusted' version looks like, assuming it is changed.</p>

<p>Personally, this whole feature should be prestige and pop gated in various ways. Starting anything terrestrial should mandate incredibly high prestige and pop, the Internet options should be very cheap, but it should also give you next to nothing in both exposure and money. I'm talking it should be like in the hundreds with a diminishing returns so you can't spam events daily. Everything you'd want to have should be ENORMOUSLY expensive, think the entire WWE Network ends up costing Vince close to $15M/year plus w/e he spent building the thing. And subscription break evens are around 1M subs. Then the amount of money you make from these options should have the decimal moved like 2 places. You should lose your shirt if you start one of these things before Cult, and that should bearly break-even for the big stuff.</p><p> </p><p>

At that point, it becomes a feature and not a cheat code. No way some podunk website for some podunk wrestling fed in the middle of nowhere with no fanbase should print money like it does.</p>

Then the amount of money you make from these options should have the decimal moved like 2 places. You should lose your shirt if you start one of these things before Cult, and that should bearly break-even for the big stuff.

Well, given the example and explanation Adam gave in the Dev Journal, what you suggest would be a complete 180 from what's intended. It seems set up this way specifically so smaller companies can take advantage of it, much like in real life. Maybe the numbers need tweaking but to gut the feature completely, as you suggest, would be a bit of bait & switch, in my opinion. There are people who like to play primarily small companies and having this feature available is a big deal to them. Making it functionally unavailable to them would make the game less attractive.

When I looked at the broadcaster entries, it seemed obvious to me that he wants the feature to be available to all, to some degree. Given how the costs scale (for expansion and size), I'd say it's not far from right. But to make it basically off-limits to what the entry says is the intended audience, doesn't make much sense to me.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, given the <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2344191&postcount=33" rel="external nofollow">example and explanation Adam gave in the Dev Journal</a>, what you suggest would be a complete 180 from what's intended. It seems set up this way specifically so smaller companies can take advantage of it, much like in real life. Maybe the numbers need tweaking but to gut the feature completely, as you suggest, would be a bit of bait & switch, in my opinion. There are people who like to play primarily small companies and having this feature available is a big deal to them. Making it functionally unavailable to them would make the game less attractive.<p> </p><p> When I looked at the broadcaster entries, it seemed obvious to me that he wants the feature to be available to all, to some degree. Given how the costs scale (for expansion and size), I'd say it's not far from right. But to make it basically off-limits to what the entry says is the intended audience, doesn't make much sense to me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Especially given that some of the existing C-Verse broadcasters (especially in the U.S. and Canada) have very onerous requirements, meaning that you can't get on TV unless you're already ON TV.</p><p> </p><p> The system right now is a good model for how things are starting to work in the real world- a company starts up broadcasting stuff on the internet, and then after a while they gain the attention of a broadcaster. Said broadcaster might not be much bigger than what the company is already doing, but it represents a step up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, given the <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2344191&postcount=33" rel="external nofollow">example and explanation Adam gave in the Dev Journal</a>, what you suggest would be a complete 180 from what's intended. It seems set up this way specifically so smaller companies can take advantage of it, much like in real life. Maybe the numbers need tweaking but to gut the feature completely, as you suggest, would be a bit of bait & switch, in my opinion. There are people who like to play primarily small companies and having this feature available is a big deal to them. Making it functionally unavailable to them would make the game less attractive.<p> </p><p> When I looked at the broadcaster entries, it seemed obvious to me that he wants the feature to be available to all, to some degree. Given how the costs scale (for expansion and size), I'd say it's not far from right. But to make it basically off-limits to what the entry says is the intended audience, doesn't make much sense to me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As the system is, it's completely backwards that advantages small companies to the point of hilarity. I'm sorry but Bar Wrestling isn't setting up an iPPV broadcaster from nothing and isn't going to print money for the rest of time. IRL people use highspots, FITE, or they just distribute via a free internet platform like youtube, etc. The later doesn't have to even exist really because it makes them nothing, and basically nets them zero exposure to anyone who isn't actively searching for it already. I'm sorry but setting this stuff up to a degree that it's SEO and stable, consistent and is going to increase your pop gains or make you money is expensive. The better solution is just to add a Highspots/FITE/Youtube(Free) option inside the C-Verse for these companies and then HEAVILY gate this off so that it's a niche option for Hardcore feds that can't get on TV/Internet distribution for content reasons, or deep pocket feds looking to gamble at the low end. Everybody else should be Cult or over to use this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, given the <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2344191&postcount=33" rel="external nofollow">example and explanation Adam gave in the Dev Journal</a>, what you suggest would be a complete 180 from what's intended. It seems set up this way specifically so smaller companies can take advantage of it, much like in real life. Maybe the numbers need tweaking but to gut the feature completely, as you suggest, would be a bit of bait & switch, in my opinion. There are people who like to play primarily small companies and having this feature available is a big deal to them. Making it functionally unavailable to them would make the game less attractive.<p> </p><p> When I looked at the broadcaster entries, it seemed obvious to me that he wants the feature to be available to all, to some degree. Given how the costs scale (for expansion and size), I'd say it's not far from right. But to make it basically off-limits to what the entry says is the intended audience, doesn't make much sense to me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> IPW being able to make $2.7m a show within 3 months of the game starting seems a LONG way from right to me. For me, the game is significantly less attractive playing as a small fed when money is so easy to come by it’s basically impossible not to make a profit with ippv.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>IPW being able to make $2.7m a show within 3 months of the game starting seems a LONG way from right to me. For me, the game is significantly less attractive playing as a small fed when money is so easy to come by it’s basically impossible not to make a profit with ippv.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know people want to be able to do ChikaraTopia and Honor Club. But those I'm willing to bet don't generate a profit, especially Chikara who can't have many subscribers left after that 14mo or w/e it was hiatus. At that scale they're probably bleeding money on storage support and bandwidth.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>IPW being able to make $2.7m a show within 3 months of the game starting seems a LONG way from right to me. For me, the game is significantly less attractive playing as a small fed when money is so easy to come by it’s basically impossible not to make a profit with ippv.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How many events did it take for that? I'm trying to think of something.</p>

i haven't tried the others, but I am still losing money through the subscription broadcaster. I just get to broadcast my shows to the whole country is the trade-off. And given I am usually between 60 and 70 for the show, I gain pop in regions that would have never heard of me. I believe that it gives you a ton more exposure in your own region over the audience you get live as well, which helps make the popularity for the promotion rise faster.

All of that seems like it mirrors what is possible today. I get that youtube has some of the content, but that gets found and scrubbed by people working for NJPW, Dragon Gate, etc. And maybe it should cost a tad more due to the upkeep that would be necessary, but I feel like (at least for the subscription model) it is working about as intended.

I do feel like maybe the computer should take advantage of it at some point for all the other small promotions, it is right there and a very useful tool.

As the system is, it's completely backwards that advantages small companies to the point of hilarity. I'm sorry but Bar Wrestling isn't setting up an iPPV broadcaster from nothing and isn't going to print money for the rest of time. IRL people use highspots, FITE, or they just distribute via a free internet platform like youtube, etc. The later doesn't have to even exist really because it makes them nothing, and basically nets them zero exposure to anyone who isn't actively searching for it already. I'm sorry but setting this stuff up to a degree that it's SEO and stable, consistent and is going to increase your pop gains or make you money is expensive. The better solution is just to add a Highspots/FITE/Youtube(Free) option inside the C-Verse for these companies and then HEAVILY gate this off so that it's a niche option for Hardcore feds that can't get on TV/Internet distribution for content reasons, or deep pocket feds looking to gamble at the low end. Everybody else should be Cult or over to use this.

This. Or just "nerf it", as you kids apparently say these days.

I think I used that word right. *shrug*

The better solution is just to add a Highspots/FITE/Youtube(Free) option inside the C-Verse for these companies and then HEAVILY gate this off so that it's a niche option for Hardcore feds that can't get on TV/Internet distribution for content reasons, or deep pocket feds looking to gamble at the low end. Everybody else should be Cult or over to use this.

So, make it worse than TEW16, where size didn't matter. As long as you had the money, you got your broadcaster. Awesome for people who love playing WWE but a marked downgrade for people who prefer to play a PWG or FIP or SHIMMER.

I'm not saying I disagree with you. I'm just saying that the way the feature was announced seems to indicate that the way you want it to work is not how it was intended. To change it to that would be a serious step back and render the feature next to useless for its intended audience.

Tweak the values if necessary. But don't gut the feature and send us back to TEW13 just because a pre-release client is performing questionably. I've seen some crazy outputs (default QAW on an iPPV broadcaster Enormous in all game areas - QAW Starshow draws 1.431 million buys. What? No one outside of the Mid South really knows who we are. Who are these people buying random company's PPVs?) but I've also seen it be a drain on finances. I don't think simply locking it behind a sizewall is going to be much of a solution, even with a handful of exceptions.

I know people want to be able to do ChikaraTopia and Honor Club. But those I'm willing to bet don't generate a profit, especially Chikara who can't have many subscribers left after that 14mo or w/e it was hiatus. At that scale they're probably bleeding money on storage support and bandwidth.

Chikaratopia started after the hiatus, fyi