The 2016 to 2020 converter generates too many negative personalities

I’m trying to convert a mod to the new version and the majority of my roster is now a negative personality, even ones who started off as positive in 2016. I’m going to have to go through each one and tweak them manually, it’s going to take a hell of a long time.

Is there any way the converter can be tweaked? Surely there must be a way it can recognise a positive influence and give them positive traits?

I had a few guys that were ultra positive in 2016, being negative in 2020.

I'd love to know what the biggest driver for the converter doing this is so I could go into my TEW2016 mod, edit it, and THEN do the conversion.

There's got to be something going wrong in the conversion process.

I'd love to know what the biggest driver for the converter doing this is so I could go into my TEW2016 mod, edit it, and THEN do the conversion.

There's got to be something going wrong in the conversion process.

Isn't it the specific personality traits? So a guy who's really high on the mercenary slider gets the Mercenary personality type even if he was somehow a "Very Positive" influence in 2016?

Isn't it the specific personality traits? So a guy who's really high on the mercenary slider gets the Mercenary personality type even if he was somehow a "Very Positive" influence in 2016?

Posted in the Tech Support forum:

It goes down a list in order of extremes and sees if people "qualify". i.e. if they have dependability of below 30 (out of 100, you can't see the scores in TEW2016 but it is the percentage of the bar) then they are classed as Professional. If they have ego over 70 then they would be classed as an Egomaniac, replacing any previous setting. And so on down the list. It's about the only realistic way of doing the conversion given that TEW2016 personalities may not make sense.

I transferred over my DBZ mod. A mod with zero drug related tabs ticked in 2016, a lot of my guys transferred over with some kind of drug or law issue.

I was so confused, because like I said. I had nobody with any actual personality issues in my 2016 DBZ database.

The converter seems jank