Touring contracts

It just hit me, we cannot have touring contracts! I did not try one of the Japan companies but i just stumbled over the fact.

Basically this means that workers cannot "tour" because the smaller companies cannot recruit them on touring companies and they cannot sign them to other deals due to restrictions (i have it semi-restricted) and the bigger ones simply sign them to written.

Please return this feature to properly simulate the touring company scene.

<p>I have played around with this extensively and I don't think touring contracts are necessary. Simply sign the type of deal you want (handshake or written, exclusive or not) for the duration that you see fit. If you want them for 2 weeks, then make the contract that long. </p><p> </p><p>

If a worker is on a tour, and it's handshake, why wouldn't the leave the tour for a bigger money offer? </p><p> </p><p>

IMO, it's working as intended.</p>

I can't speak for Capelli King, but something that gave me pause was reading about bigger Japanese companies gobbling up big name foreign workers such as your Hulk Hogans, Ric Flairs, Bret Harts, etc., to long term written deals. Maybe with a potential to be locked up to iron clad deals. I know there are foreign workers who spent the majority of their careers there such as Stan Hansen, but they were more the exception than the rule.

Well I can't speak to those specific examples because there a lot of variables there... What regions are the workers set to? What is their pop in foreign countries? What is the starting pop and financial power of the company in question? How does stack up relative to their American counterparts?

Lots and lots of variables....

One thing I also greatly miss is the "Tour Regulars" function.

You could limit the AI a bit that way and have the "usual" suspects going over to Japan that way to sim historical. With that taken out, you can't do that now.

I see the validity of this point but I don't think this type of scenario should stop a more predatory company from swooping in and signing up a touring worker mid-tour.

I get that. It was just a nice feature to have some guardrails for the AI to try to properly sim historical/real world setups.

Now it's a bit too wild west for my taste. It's immersion breaking to see companies snapping up workers they didn't in real life and haven't been doing for the last 3-ish versions of the game.

There's been numerous threads on this. And they aboslutely need to bring back touring contracts. One of the bigger issues with non-touring contracts is that if I hire you for one tour give you a contract for say 2 months to simulate the tour. Then when its done its as if I didn't resign you. And If you don't resign them you can't hire them again for six months. What if I'm not sure I want to use you again. Or maybe I uses you for 2 months on one tour and then I don't need you for the next tour but i want you for the tour after that. But now I can't rehire you for 6 months because its as if I let you go from a regular contract.

They absolutely need to bring back touring contracts.

There's been numerous threads on this. And they aboslutely need to bring back touring contracts. One of the bigger issues with non-touring contracts is that if I hire you for one tour give you a contract for say 2 months to simulate the tour. Then when its done its as if I didn't resign you. And If you don't resign them you can't hire them again for six months. What if I'm not sure I want to use you again. Or maybe I uses you for 2 months on one tour and then I don't need you for the next tour but i want you for the tour after that. But now I can't rehire you for 6 months because its as if I let you go from a regular contract.

They absolutely need to bring back touring contracts.

I am working on verifying, and freely admit I could be mis-remembering something, but I'm pretty sure that the cool down period for handshake agreements is different in this game (and maybe be even non-existent?).

In 2016 there was no cool down period for workers signed to contracts of 3 months or less so unless that was changed, which I didn't see mentioned it should still be the same

I am pretty confident that this is what I was thinking about. If the contract is longer than 3 months, I wouldn't call it a "touring" contract--its a significantly more substantial commitment.

Well for one, in 2016 you could have Japanese companies (or any companies for that matter) have "Hire only foreigners on touring contracts", this was a HUGE plus, because these touring companies would build up worker skills much faster.

Secondly, we do not have the problem we have now with the big Japanese companies signing up all the best talent. I did an experiment and released all the workers of the big companies to see what happened. BHOTWG ended up with a "mostly foreign" roster.

Thirdly, i loved the "Touring regulars" feature in 2016. You could see some guys go on tour regularly and have other deals on the indy scene.

I have played around with this extensively and I don't think touring contracts are necessary. Simply sign the type of deal you want (handshake or written, exclusive or not) for the duration that you see fit. If you want them for 2 weeks, then make the contract that long.

If a worker is on a tour, and it's handshake, why wouldn't the leave the tour for a bigger money offer?

IMO, it's working as intended.

Definitely working as intended... if the intention is to not work how TEW has always worked.

http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546968

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49314" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well I can't speak to those specific examples because there a lot of variables there... What regions are the workers set to? What is their pop in foreign countries? What is the starting pop and financial power of the company in question? How does stack up relative to their American counterparts? <p> </p><p> Lots and lots of variables....</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Bingo. It's really hard for anyone to be able to correctly judge whether the game is working "correctly" when discussing what the WWF or NJPW or whoever do. </p><p> </p><p> We don't know what mod you're using. We don't know if that mod has been correctly converted from TEW 2016 and all necessary tweaks made to make it optimised for TEW 2020 - given that TEW 2020 still hasn't been fully released, and there are very few mods available, in most cases that's going to be the cause of a lot of the issues people are experiencing.</p>