1920x1080 Resolution

Hi guys,

I'd very much like to buy this game, but I cannot read the text on the current resolution.

I run a 1920x1080 display and I can't find a way to get the game running full screen.

It doesn't have to be full screen, it can be windowed or borderless, but the game window is so small I get a headache trying to read it.

I tried the reso program, but it didn't work.

Others say their game runs in full screen by default.

Any ideas?

Although doesn't solve the issue of running in 1920x1080, I have a high definition monitor myself and hated switching my screen resolution before playing the game. Happened to stumble across this little tool that will create a shortcut on your desktop to run the game using the highest resolution it can 1366x768 (I think that is it).

When you click on the shortcut, your screen will auto change to the 1366x768 resolution and in my case makes the screen very readable and then when you exit out of the game it will return to whatever desktop resolution you had. Very handy way of auto changing screen resolution versus manually doing it.

Again, no where near perfect but this helped me continue considering a purchase....

http://www.bcheck.net/apps/reso.htm

Although doesn't solve the issue of running in 1920x1080, I have a high definition monitor myself and hated switching my screen resolution before playing the game. Happened to stumble across this little tool that will create a shortcut on your desktop to run the game using the highest resolution it can 1366x768 (I think that is it).

When you click on the shortcut, your screen will auto change to the 1366x768 resolution and in my case makes the screen very readable and then when you exit out of the game it will return to whatever desktop resolution you had. Very handy way of auto changing screen resolution versus manually doing it.

Again, no where near perfect but this helped me continue considering a purchase....

How do you even get it to work? Every time I try to use it it just closes itself.

How do you even get it to work? Every time I try to use it it just closes itself.

I simply click on the reso.exe file after being downloaded, opens up. Then I can select the game to point to and the resolution I want. Save it and a shortcut is created on my desktop.

I am using Windows 10, don't know if works different on other operating systems.

<p>I tried using the magnifier from Windows Accessibility, but that just makes everything jagged. </p><p> </p><p> You should be able to manually change your resolution to 1366x768, but I appreciate that's a pain to switch every time you run the game. Hope you can manage to get reso working.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="franticloser" data-cite="franticloser" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49344" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I use a high def monitor at 1920 x 1080 and have not had any issues reading anything.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you wish to donate your monitor and eyes to OP, that might help. If not, it's hardly a useful observation.</p>

I’ve got a 1920x1080 laptop monitor and have to change th resolution manually otherwise everything is all over the place in tew. I’m not much of a tech whizz. But is this normal for games now a days needing to switch the resolution of your screen as I’ve never had to do it before? It’s quite a time consuming pain.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dave E Mac" data-cite="Dave E Mac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49344" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’ve got a 1920x1080 laptop monitor and have to change th resolution manually otherwise everything is all over the place in tew. I’m not much of a tech whizz. But is this normal for games now a days needing to switch the resolution of your screen as I’ve never had to do it before? It’s quite a time consuming pain.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you use the "reso" tool mentioned above, it will automatically switch screen resolutions for you, which saves a lot of the time.</p><p> </p><p> Is this normal? It varies by game. Some games require it, while the more modern games don't require it because they include screen resolution options within the game and/or auto-scale to the user's configuration.</p>

If you use the "reso" tool mentioned above, it will automatically switch screen resolutions for you, which saves a lot of the time.

Is this normal? It varies by game. Some games require it, while the more modern games don't require it because they include screen resolution options within the game and/or auto-scale to the user's configuration.

Sorry. Meant to give you a big thumbs up as that screen resolution tool is something I’m going to look at using as it’s exactly the sort of thing I’ve been looking for. I’m surprised Windows doesn’t have a way of automatically doing this.

Works an absolute treat for me, so thank you for that.

Sometimes I'm stunned at the amount of people that want this game full screen. I actually think it's a flaw of the game, for me personally, that it's a higher resolution, because there's a little bit of room on the side and I have to watch YouTube or WWE Network on my second monitor. This game is meant to be played as a "hang out" game, mindless entertainment as you do something else.

Sometimes I'm stunned at the amount of people that want this game full screen. I actually think it's a flaw of the game, for me personally, that it's a higher resolution, because there's a little bit of room on the side and I have to watch YouTube or WWE Network on my second monitor. This game is meant to be played as a "hang out" game, mindless entertainment as you do something else.

The game is intended to be played however the player wants to play it.

It's great if this is how you play it and that works for you - but I would never dream of playing TEW while working on something else. TEW, much like Football Manager and other sports simulation games, is a game that requires a lot of attention to gameplay. For many, myself included, this means being fully immersed - and part of that immersion is fullscreen.

The way I play is not wrong. The way you play is not wrong. We just have different preferences.

I simply click on the reso.exe file after being downloaded, opens up. Then I can select the game to point to and the resolution I want. Save it and a shortcut is created on my desktop.

I am using Windows 10, don't know if works different on other operating systems.

Thank you very much for that!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49344" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sometimes I'm stunned at the amount of people that want this game full screen. I actually think it's a flaw of the game, for me personally, that it's a higher resolution, because there's a little bit of room on the side and I have to watch YouTube or WWE Network on my second monitor. This game is meant to be played as a "hang out" game, mindless entertainment as you do something else.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> While I agree we all play how we want. I couldn't honestly play TEW with anything else going on. But each to their own innit.</p>

<p>Honestly, I just want to be able to read it without getting a headache. People don't necessarily want it full screen; they want to be able to choose the resolution in the game instead of changing the settings for their entire computer.</p><p> </p><p>

It's not a big ask.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Thomnipotent" data-cite="Thomnipotent" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49344" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Honestly, I just want to be able to read it without getting a headache. People don't necessarily want it full screen; they want to be able to choose the resolution in the game instead of changing the settings for their entire computer.<p> </p><p> It's not a big ask.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I’ve never come across a game or any program for that matter where I need to change the resolution like with tew.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49344" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's a limitation of the programming language used.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I’m not tech savvy enough to really understand why. I guess it is what it is.</p>

It's because the game is still written in a language that stopped being supported in 2008. It has a whole bunch of limitations that have since been addressed by advancements in programming.

Oh wow. So kind of like taking pictures using a roll of film rather than using a digital camera. Not bashing or anything but wouldn’t it have made more sense to move to a different platform for 2020? It’s been a long time since the last release so would have given them time to try and change to something different? Or are these things so different to use that my suggestion of just learning something new is a bit wild. Like saying well you can play the violin so why not just learn to play all the instruments in the orchestra?!

Oh wow. So kind of like taking pictures using a roll of film rather than using a digital camera. Not bashing or anything but wouldn’t it have made more sense to move to a different platform for 2020? It’s been a long time since the last release so would have given them time to try and change to something different? Or are these things so different to use that my suggestion of just learning something new is a bit wild. Like saying well you can play the violin so why not just learn to play all the instruments in the orchestra?!

I agree. I am also among those people that are considering a purchase but are being turned off by the low resolution. I think the developers should seriously consider licensing the Football Manager Engine. That engine not only has multiple resolutions, and modding capabilities but also has an extensive editor and a database of literally thousands of people.

I agree. I am also among those people that are considering a purchase but are being turned off by the low resolution. I think the developers should seriously consider licensing the Football Manager Engine. That engine not only has multiple resolutions, and modding capabilities but also has an extensive editor and a database of literally thousands of people.

The resolution thing was putting me off. Although that link that allows the resolution to change when you open it has been seriously considering buying 2020 when it comes out.

During lockdown I've been sinking a fair amount of time into football manager. Managed to get out the vanarama south and in the national league now!