I’m still new to TEW 20 and the RTG as a whole, but I had something happen within a week in game that caught me off guard.

Playing a RW game I imported from 16, and Kevin Nash ended up as the owner. Immediately I get a message saying he’s invested in the company, and now I’ve got a quarter of a million for finances. Which, given I haven’t even run a show yet is mind blowing to me.

I'm not sure how common something like that is but I think that game needs a restart. It takes away a huge part of the challenge.

I'm not sure how common something like that is but I think that game needs a restart. It takes away a huge part of the challenge.

It is a family common occurrence if the owner has money. I made a mod in the CVerse where all companies start with $5k and 20 pop. Most of the owners invested at least some money into the companies they took over.

Perhaps we need to make it a firm rule that you choose your owner in the editor before the game starts then.

I wouldn't be opposed. If a new owner takes over a company there's always the possibility of the owner investing into it. Setting an owner as lifetime eliminates that.

It kinda already is.

STARTING PROMOTION

You start with a 0/0/0/1000 Promotion. That means it has 0 Popularity, 0 Momentum, 0 Prestige and $1000 in the bank.

Edit the promotion into the database before you begin the game, it is recommended that you select an owner who will be cheap and put him on a PPA deal.

Choose whatever product you want for your promotion

<p>Wrestleworld was the worst thing to happen to my little Aussie beach promotion. From $10k profit a month to $11k losses, with no growth outside of my home area except for my workers. Who will surely ask for more money. Thousands spent on fancy cameras and a music man, in exchange for 2 grand in broadcast revenue? I'm lucky I had $100k saved up before this, or I'd never survive the 12 month contract I foolishly signed. </p><p> </p><p>

I like that theres a "too soon" for getting on broadcasters. I definitely fell for it this time.</p><p> </p><p>

CWA went out of business after 26 months. Brought the DeColts over to Australia. Hoping Ricky moves here permanently.</p>

Wrestleworld was the worst thing to happen to my little Aussie beach promotion. From $10k profit a month to $11k losses, with no growth outside of my home area except for my workers. Who will surely ask for more money. Thousands spent on fancy cameras and a music man, in exchange for 2 grand in broadcast revenue? I'm lucky I had $100k saved up before this, or I'd never survive the 12 month contract I foolishly signed.

I like that theres a "too soon" for getting on broadcasters. I definitely fell for it this time.

CWA went out of business after 26 months. Brought the DeColts over to Australia. Hoping Ricky moves here permanently.

Yep, for sure. The too soon function is present and working well. I wouldn't even look at a broadcaster now until very late small or medium.

Yep, for sure. The too soon function is present and working well. I wouldn't even look at a broadcaster now until very late small or medium.

I went on at 27 pop and made a ton of money running 4 shows a month. Got 55% the first 3 months and 60% after that. It gets you more merch money quicker and more ticket revenue quicker.

Wrestleworld was the worst thing to happen to my little Aussie beach promotion. From $10k profit a month to $11k losses, with no growth outside of my home area except for my workers. Who will surely ask for more money. Thousands spent on fancy cameras and a music man, in exchange for 2 grand in broadcast revenue? I'm lucky I had $100k saved up before this, or I'd never survive the 12 month contract I foolishly signed.

I like that theres a "too soon" for getting on broadcasters. I definitely fell for it this time.

CWA went out of business after 26 months. Brought the DeColts over to Australia. Hoping Ricky moves here permanently.

As a side note, the broadcast revenue is small because your pop is essentially only in your home area. It grows quickly once the rest of the region catches up. Obviously Austrailia is smaller than the USA/Camada split for NA companies, but the revenue should still increase rather quickly.

November 2020, I have just become Head Booker of NXT: UK!

Work for a small company, November 2020

49. "It's not the size of the dog, it's the size of the fight" You now like fighting from underneath, add "Plays Weasely/Underdog Well" and “Giving Performer” to your attributes

Work for a Tiny Company,

25. “Innovator of Violence” You’ve invented a new move and it’s the talk of the industry, add “Hot New Move” to your attributes

Fresh New Indie - Produce an Event Card of 50, July 2020

42. “They Love Me… They Hate Me…" You have gotten better at making the fans cheer for you or boo you. Can increase either your Babyface or Heel Performance by one stage (Base -> Better -> Amazing etc.)

Chose heel

UPDATE: I just formed a tag team with Drew Gulak and we have excellent chemistry!

As a side note, the broadcast revenue is small because your pop is essentially only in your home area. It grows quickly once the rest of the region catches up. Obviously Austrailia is smaller than the USA/Camada split for NA companies, but the revenue should still increase rather quickly.

After 6 shows (55-60) on Wrestleworld my popularity hasnt moved more than fractions of a percent. Which was the surprising thing to me. I expected to lose money initially, but I expected quicker forward progression. At this rate I'll be bankrupt, but I have plenty of options to fix things.

I was costing myself money by not broadcasting all of my shows. I like screw-around 'dark' show, and using small events as house shows to prepare for the big card, but I cant afford that now. Big cameras come to the lesser shows too. I'm trying to justify more than one monthly televised 'event' in my mind (once you do 4 you're a TV show, and it feels like cheating to collect full attendance/revenue). Maybe 2-3 night tournaments. Or a brand split with two different flavours.

You guys are making me rethink my 'WrestleWorld at all costs' strategy. I've noticed that SNP (with a lot more pop than me) only made $900 from broadcast revenue in November.

I hit Tiny at the end of November so finally got my first roll:

47. "Fight Anyone" You never back down, add "Plays Badass Well" and “Dynamo” to your attributes

It'll depend on your schedule. I've been shooting myself in the foot with it, because I'm seeing Wrestleworld as "internet PPV" for big shows, instead of... it's a small wrestling netflix that wants to be full of content to justify a monthly subscription. No one's specifically buying "Wrestling on the BEACH #3". It's simply available if subscribers are bored and have already watched the monthly ZEN. So I don't need to make it such a big deal in my head.

My user character is definitely benefiting from the exposure. He's building popularity around the country. Unfortunately, so are the rest of my roster. I've had one demand a $450 pay rise already. So he's gone. Sign your Writtens BEFORE Wrestleworld, folks. Luckily I have 8 guys locked down at $30-80 per month for the next 18 months. I'll be making the most of it.

EDIT: Just ran a month with just two shows, both broadcast on WrestleWorld, and made a slim $1k profit. AND we went up 1% in all Oceania areas. So there's nothing daunting about it. Just don't be a fool and run extra non-broadcast shows. Gonna try a third next, in one of the non-home areas. I'm trying to get to a place where I'm making a slight loss month on month.

I wonder if it's because y'all are running non North American regions. I can't see a problem arising as the game currently stands from running 4 to 5 shows a month in America. Between tickets, merch and broadcast revenue, you're rolling in dough before too long.

As a side note, I decided against my restart. Mainly because I will absolutely be restarting when 97 is done and don't want to do so many restarts. I lost Kip Keenan to USPW. I'm slightly heartbroken at that. Didn't realize I hadn't locked him up. He's one of my best in ring performers. Still can't steal any workers. Lost out on David Stone, Huey Cannonball and Kirk Jameson.

March 2021 saw me make a profit of 386k. That's with the majority of my roster on written deals. 407k expenses on talent. But ticket sales for 5 shows got me just south of 1 mil (943k) and merchandise brought me 223k. Broadcast was negligible at 56k. I cannot express enough how valuable constantly upgrading your merch is. You make so much money for basically free just by having guys on your roster that have some sort of popularity.

Rogue was non-tendered by SWF. At 44 years old, and appearing to be in decline for a couple months, I'm debating signing him to PPA just to see what his merchandising potential is for me. He's wanting 70k+ a month on a written, and not being a stud in the ring, I'm gonna have to pass on that unless his merch sales warrant such a huge deal. Fro Sure will be locked in as figurehead in 4 months. Really excited to see what that does for our business.

We'll be hitting Medium within a couple shows. Mid south is 1 popularity away from getting us there, Mid Atlantic 2 popularity. So it's a near lock we will end April at Medium. Our home region is 60 pop and we're pulling around 12k fans now per show at 60 pop with cheap tickets. Wrestling industry is 19 and falling, while economy is 30 and falling. I really hope as we hit medium, those 2 begin to rise. All my talent is under control that I care about, but I'm still curious if there's a massive rise in monthly expenses once I hit that "cult" size.

First update of my attempt (with video)

I commend the hell out of some of you already a couple of years in. Doing a lot of other TEW content, I haven't been able to get too far into mine. I'm only 6 months in, but already making strides in many areas. Got a video if you'd like to see the progress for yourself, including the mystery box rolls, which will be linked in this, but other than my starter company's money, I'm not doing too bad so far. Good to see others doing well in this themselves.

Link for the video: https://youtu.be/kC2PH_SmxTE

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CRDaredevil05" data-cite="CRDaredevil05" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49512" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I commend the hell out of some of you already a couple of years in. Doing a lot of other TEW content, I haven't been able to get too far into mine. I'm only 6 months in, but already making strides in many areas. Got a video if you'd like to see the progress for yourself, including the mystery box rolls, which will be linked in this, but other than my starter company's money, I'm not doing too bad so far. Good to see others doing well in this themselves.<p> </p><p> Link for the video: <a href="https://youtu.be/kC2PH_SmxTE" rel="external nofollow">https://youtu.be/kC2PH_SmxTE</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've booked 135 shows, had an 83 rated show and an 87 rated match (not with my UC) and I'm through 15 months, still small size, although about to be medium. It's really easy this year to grow. The hard part is gonna be getting your UC to A* match potential.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49512" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wonder if it's because y'all are running non North American regions. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's part of it for sure. Midlands in the UK has a fan base of 65% and the economy is at 64 so it's far from ideal.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49512" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>March 2021 saw me make a profit of 386k. That's with the majority of my roster on written deals. 407k expenses on talent. But ticket sales for 5 shows got me just south of 1 mil (943k) and merchandise brought me 223k. Broadcast was negligible at 56k. I cannot express enough how valuable constantly upgrading your merch is. You make so much money for basically free just by having guys on your roster that have some sort of popularity. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe America really is the land of opportunity. That broadcast revenue is huge. I only get $2.5k per show. Just tried a third broadcast show in a month, and made a $5k loss as a result. Australia was wonderful as a Tiny company. Cheap talent. Easy profit running monthly events in different towns. It's only when you hit Small, and your production needs to compete with the other companies, all of whom are gunning to get on WrestleWorld, that you need to spend money to compete. And Broadcast revenue is pittance compared to the costs when you're at 35-40 pop anyhow. </p><p> </p><p> What is nice about WrestleWorld, is that my cheap $50/night guys are now Major Stars as popular as my $700/night special attractions. So I can ditch that expense.</p><p> </p><p> (I will say the numbers seem a bit unrealistic. I'm drawing 700-800 people to my shows. As a 'small' company. If that's considered small, I can't imagine what size TNA, MLW, ROH etc need to be set to in a RW mod)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49512" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe America really is the land of opportunity. That broadcast revenue is huge. I only get $2.5k per show. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The broadcast revenue is likely because of all the regions I have pop in. 18-23 in every region of Canada. 60 in my home region. 33/34 in my 2 main spillover regions. 20 pop in 4 other American regions. 11 pop in New England and 9 pop in PR/Hawaii. It's an average of 22 pop across 18 different regions where I have WrestleWorld coverage. 393 pop if you add everything up. I've never understood exactly how subscription broadcaster revenue works, but I'm assuming it's based off of average pop across the regions. I feel like it's a specific dollar amount per viewer like it would be in reality, but I could be dead wrong.</p>

c92d29a0b3f4ca44fed7bac953fe7b75.png

End of Year 1

Still a rookie at this and it will be a likely fail as it's my first real attempt at this and with being in Scotland and a falling economy and industry its looking bleak.

Starting to turn profit but still 28k in the red, so I expect to go bust but happy to learn along the way.

Main guys have been Gram Gorman and many SNP guys under different characters.

No shows or personal match over 50 so far, I've been close with shows but it will be just 1 throw.

This throw was a 3, so

3. "Trusted Companion" You gain the Loyalty of one of your roster (random roll from the list of your current roster).

I threw 8 so this was El Lightning (Thunderbolt)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="beatingstuff88" data-cite="beatingstuff88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49512" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it just me or is there almost no way to survive if you arent a: running a touring company, b: running weekly free shows, or c: have an attractive product for sponsors without going bankrupt? i just feel so limited in how my games start</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe you can be in debt for a year/18 months before bankruptcy. So as long as you can build popularity fast enough for sponsorships & tickets to take over in time, you're fine. I did run a product attractive to sponsors, but I didn't touch touring shows (three 1hr monthly shows), and was out of debt by October. A less sponsor friendly product will be tighter, but I think its doable. It's just gonna be tight and restrictive early on. If your shows are going to score better as High Flying Hardcore early, you'll build attendance faster, which will pay off when you charge for tickets</p>

Is it just me or is there almost no way to survive if you arent a: running a touring company, b: running weekly free shows, or c: have an attractive product for sponsors without going bankrupt? i just feel so limited in how my games start

The beginning of the challenge has always been about building pop in your home region as fast possible. It allows you to make money off ticket sales which is where you start to get out of debt. The touring shows make it substantially easier this year because you max pop gains at around 24 pop for a show above your pop in that region AND your talent takes 25% of their salary AND they don't complain when left off shows. The sponsorship money isn't as big of a deal unless you're only running once a month. The free shows are important because they give you additional popularity as you generate good will with the fans. You're not gonna make money off the first few shows regardless, so why not make them free?