Do you have a guy you've given up on?

I'm struggling a little with the new push system. Im playing the 1983 mod. There's some guys that are flying through the ranks (my created guy, hogan, Jim cornette) but there are other guys who for the life of me I can not get over.

I made the mega Powers as a heel tag team and put cornette as their manager. I put the tag titles on them and gave them a ton of time each show, basically to showcase them. Great angles, they won almost every match. But Savage always had cool momentum. No matter what. I've put him in singles matches and he caught big wins over backlund and Tony atlas then at wrestlemania 1 he got the pinfall for the mega powers to beat the hart foundation . After mania I checked him and his momentum went ice cold.

I dont understand it. 2 huge wins, he gets the pinfall at Mania, always in great angles and he never went above unimportant in the fans eyes and never got any momentum.

Hogan on the other hand is a mega star in my company. Cornette is well on his way. How can a trio be so successful yet have 1/3rd of the group not get any of the benefits?

I sent savage to my developmental company. I didnt see the point to keep pushing a guy I cant get over.

Anyone else running into this?

I signed Ash Barnaby and tagged him with Acid II. The name Acid II Ashes sounded cool in my head. Ash is 15 to 20 points below Acid in every match and never seems to improve. I know he's got a long way to go, but it is frustrating.

In my SWF save so far, no matter what I do I can't get Angry Gilmore's Momentum above cooled. He's been in a pretty even feud with Brett Starr and co but yeah, nothing. I still love using him because he's the best in ring talent I have, he's still pushing out good matches and he's surprisingly not in decline for me, but tragically I don't think I'll be able to get him over more.

I have also struggled to get Atom Smasher more over and have definitely given up. His Midas touch seems to do nothing really. He's apart of my SWF title picture right now, as I'm holding until I can do Remo vs Golden at SC but he will most likely eat the pins in the upcoming PPV fatal four way and then float back down to put over guys like Lenny Brown and Mikey Lau.

I can barely get this momentum bar to budge on stars I want to push either. I understand it’s a long term thing and there’s a hidden short term bar, but I think over 5 months I have had Scotty2hotty lose maybe once and he is still cooled momentum. I don’t know how long term we are talking with this bar.

In my SWF save so far, no matter what I do I can't get Angry Gilmore's Momentum above cooled. He's been in a pretty even feud with Brett Starr and co but yeah, nothing. I still love using him because he's the best in ring talent I have, he's still pushing out good matches and he's surprisingly not in decline for me, but tragically I don't think I'll be able to get him over more.

I have also struggled to get Atom Smasher more over and have definitely given up. His Midas touch seems to do nothing really. He's apart of my SWF title picture right now, as I'm holding until I can do Remo vs Golden at SC but he will most likely eat the pins in the upcoming PPV fatal four way and then float back down to put over guys like Lenny Brown and Mikey Lau.

Unlikely on the Atom Smasher & Mikey Lau front!! I haven’t had to do that much with either of them except place them in matches with my already established top guys! It has gotten the both of them to around 77 POP!

Im glad I was able to because I have really really good renders for both of them and they’re close to my favourite characters on the roster - the renders are so damn pretty lmao.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mr. Ramen" data-cite="Mr. Ramen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49819" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Unlikely on the Atom Smasher & Mikey Lau front!! I haven’t had to do that much with either of them except place them in matches with my already established top guys! It has gotten the both of them to around 77 POP!<p> </p><p> Im glad I was able to because I have really really good renders for both of them and they’re close to my favourite characters on the roster - the renders are so damn pretty lmao.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sorry that probably made it seem like Lau isn't doing well. I actually nixed his push cos he got so over so quickly against Brandon James that I had no plan for him after. He's sitting at 74 pop for me which is still great, but if I ever get him to 80+ pop, it will be by winning the world title. My tentative plan is to have him eventually topple Remo once he gets hold of it, but Golden still has the belt for me. </p><p> </p><p> I agree that Mikey and Atom Smasher are great though, I'm so disappointed I can't get Smasher over. Still a great talent to have round though. He'll defo win a NA title at some point.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Yokai" data-cite="Yokai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49819" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I sign Omezo Shikitei at the beginning of every Japan save I do and it just never works out. Promised myself I’d stay away from him in 2020.</div></blockquote><p> Can confirm, I've had similar experiences with Omezo. He's a great worker but devoid of charisma, which means good matches but no popularity gains.</p>