[RELEASE] The INTERESTING default angles pack!

This pack is nothing special, but it was created with TEW2020's new features in mind. Not only is it to stop everyone from having "nothing interesting" happening when using default angles, but I've added other provisions to make the angles come more in line with what they are supposed to represent (according to the handbook).

First thing first, OVERNESS is used regardless of what you are rated on. Due to this I've eliminated pretty much every on-screen use of overness. The exceptions of course would be for surprise appearances or big reveal angles where someone doesn't actually do anything.

The second thing is that there are no more (not rated) angles. Everyone on screen is always rated on something. If you mention someone who is off screen, they are rated now. The only exceptions to this are making an easy match (because it's assumed to be a jobber and the entire angle is that they're inconsequential) and referees (who don't have selling skills).

Due to the above, interview angles have had interviewer roles added to them, since the standard promo angles now rate the off screen person on overness. This gives those angles something to differentiate them, and gives proper old school interview segments a place in the data where a good interviewer can now enhance a segment.

The data is just a blank db with nothing but angles, so you have to import them (or delete first if you're using default angles)

Enjoy :)

Very interesting, had been using freestyle angles chiefly this year so look forward to giving this a try. Particularly like the addition of interviewer roles, have done something similar in previous games so will be eternally grateful if this prevents me from having to create my own saved angles in this iteration.

Since it’s all converted based on the default data freeware rules apply.

Those interview angles would go really well with the 80s.

Thanks for the hard work on these Showtime! Will definitely be including these with my India Expansion for CVerse.

This should help players who are new to the game a whole lot.

But even as a long-time player, I have just imported the angles into the database and my save games just in case I ever need some inspiration or if I'm not sure what to rate a worker on in a certain situation.

Thank you very much for this.

I personally think you should change the angles rated on overness to be rated on nothing if they arent on screen. It doesn't fit in line with the intention of overness rated angles from the handbook and is inflating angle ratings. From the description of the mod it says you eliminated overness except "surprise appearances or big reveal angles where someone doesn't actually do anything." but by making every single instance of a worker getting rated on overness when they aren't on screen in my opinion it goes against what you intended to do and rated on nothing would be more realistic.

Another issue is the major impact and minor impact settings don't make sense on some of the angles. A 1v1 hype video with the description "A video is played hyping an upcoming singles match" is set as major impact yet angles like a worker stealing a title belt has minor impact.

The impact intents I left as the default settings but truthfully I might make every angle Major since otherwise they don’t show in the results (belt stealing should be a huge deal I agree). Functionally, they’ll count towards ratings which is the only downside.

I have everyone rated on overness since it’s a bit cheap to talk about someone but not have them factored into the angle. I will admit I didn’t think it would inflate ratings though. I was feeling the opposite might happen and it could slightly hurt the excellent mic workers where you could spam them in not rated promos so even if they’re talking about a jobber they’d get the same rating.

Thanks Showtime. Will definitely give this a go.

Not to hijack the thread, but would love something like this for storylines. Meaning, not just a blank storyline. Something that kept a list of things that needed to be done in order to advance the storyline. (if that made any sense?)

Anyway, thanks again for the work on this.

R

The impact intents I left as the default settings but truthfully I might make every angle Major since otherwise they don’t show in the results (belt stealing should be a huge deal I agree). Functionally, they’ll count towards ratings which is the only downside.

I have everyone rated on overness since it’s a bit cheap to talk about someone but not have them factored into the angle. I will admit I didn’t think it would inflate ratings though. I was feeling the opposite might happen and it could slightly hurt the excellent mic workers where you could spam them in not rated promos so even if they’re talking about a jobber they’d get the same rating.

I think you have it right here, in my mind it’s a bit cheap to have them talked about and not rated on anything and generally speaking, having them rated on Overness dings the angle.

I also agree that all angles should be Major, I literally never use Minor angles or anything less than four minutes.

Well done on this, this is excellent work and something that was sorely needed for new players. I probably won’t use it much being a “freestyler” (rock the microphone), but this will now be my default angle pack moving forward.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi, I don't think I completely understand what this actully is. Is it all the same angles like you have by default, but just re-edited on what they are rated on, or is it a completely new angles pack done from scratch? :)

The former, because there's a lot of incorrect and flat out broken mechanics in the original DB due to it still being carried over from at LEAST TEW 2010, and touched occasionally, but not in whole.

• 3 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50019" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would it be ok to use this in my Risky Business mod? I thought about doing this myself</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> speaking of that mod what is a good picture pack I've tried using the gif one but it don't work for me</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Venix" data-cite="Venix" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50019" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>speaking of that mod what is a good picture pack I've tried using the gif one but it don't work for me</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I used the nGo pack, but added to it over the years with Taker's cuts, but the default nGo pack should have 99% of the pics assigned. </p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://homeofprowrestling.com/tew-1/tew-2016/graphics" rel="external nofollow">https://homeofprowrestling.com/tew-1/tew-2016/graphics</a></p>

• 4 weeks later...