What product would fit current-day NJPW the best?

I'm struggling to pick one and see so many different real world databases with a different one. However, I see most databases having "Wrestling As A Sport" as the core product, with either "Strong Puroresu" as the current or "Classic Mainstream Puroresu".

Here are the descriptions:

Classic Mainstream Puroresu

This is where a Japanese style has some western influence; match quality is crucial and wrestling is treated with respect, but there are flourishes of showmanship and larger than life characters can happily exist here.

Strong Puroresu

Heavily influenced by the martial arts and combat sports, this style revolves around realistic strikes and submissions - it's midway between Wrestling As A Sport and full-on Shoot Wrestling. Everything is treated very seriously.

Wrestling As A Sport

The stereotypical eastern style, this is where wrestling is treated as a legitimate sport. Fans want to see good quality matches with none of the hoopla that is associated with the western styles.

Strong Style I think is Strong Puroresu. With plenty of lariats if you are letting Riki Choshu book.

Currently there is a western influence and the flamboyant characters have been around for years. There is still matwork, but it is not as serious as it used to be. The failed attempt to cross over with MMA back in the 00's has reduced the Inoki element.

I've gone with Classic Mainstream Puroresu for NJPW in the mod I'm working on (mid-2013). I had them as Strong Puroresu but that doesn't quite match up with some of the western influences you see with Gedo booking, as Infernalmiko mentions. The match quality still shines through as they have so much in-ring talent.

Thing is with either Classic Mainstream Puroresu or Wrestling As A Sport, I'll have to book at least a match with the Steal The Show focus and Technical Masterpiece. That's pretty annoying to book.

Just turn off match aims. I've given up on that feature, it's just annoying and obnoxious.

<p>I don't think there is a 1:1 representation of what New Japan has become in real life, it's very clearly not "strong style" anymore and has more in common with AJPW's classic 'kings road" at this point if you watch the psychology of it's main events, the way story's are told and the amount of finishers that are put into the conclusions, but I don't think that's really represented in TEW well.</p><p> </p><p>

Royal Puroresu in the game obfuscates glamour & glitz, obviously NJ has plenty of that but everything else about that Royal Puroresu description fits NJ pretty well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="IWGP_Fan" data-cite="IWGP_Fan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't think there is a 1:1 representation of what New Japan has become in real life, it's very clearly not "strong style" anymore and has more in common with AJPW's classic 'kings road" at this point if you watch the psychology of it's main events, the way story's are told and the amount of finishers that are put into the conclusions, but I don't think that's really represented in TEW well.<p> </p><p> Royal Puroresu in the game obfuscates glamour & glitz, obviously NJ has plenty of that but everything else about that Royal Puroresu description fits NJ pretty well.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The problem is it's a 100/0 100/0 fed. That poops on comedy. And this is a fed that has used guys like Cheeseburger and Captain New Japan. And will usually run at least one major angle and one smaller angle per major event. You run 95/5 or 100/0 and every angle will take broadside penalties. None of the options fit the company right now in any way. Closest to the pin is Fast and Furious or Wrestling Nerd Nirvana. But both are flawed options.</p>