Strange graduate skill sets

I noticed that dojo graduates (very!) often have great performance skills (charisma, mic skills, acting), but super low star quality. While not impossible per se, I'd argue that most entertaining workers also have decent star quality.

There are some other areas that need some tweaking:

- graduates sometimes have super high "top row" skills but almost non-existent basics

- worker size does not seem to be too predictive of skill set, I've had a few puroresu masters pop up with a size of lightweight or smaller (not impossible of course, just notable)

- some graduates have weird physical attributes, like super high athleticism, but very low stamina

Gens overall pop really bizarrely with little level of consistency to many of their abilities. 10 basics and 30 psychology. One single good stat and everything else is terrible. Absolutely amazing world class entertainment skills on an eighteen year old. Sometimes just so bad at everything that they're literally unusable (which like, okay, some wrestlers are just bad, but if you have sub 30 everything nobody is ever going to hire you).

In any case somebody who has trained at any kind of wrestling school should not have sub 20 basics and/or psychology.

Not sure if this is a bug so much as just how generation is coded, but it certainly feels wrong.

This having been said, gens also seem to generate with colour scores, which does not seem correct for wrestlers, given that the handbook states they shouldn't have them, and if they ever did become a colour commentator, it would be calculated for them.

Cause like, otherwise these dudes with single figures colour are probably never going to go on to do commentary.

This guy comes from a wrestling school with 25% training level. How do you graduate any wrestling school, even a relatively low end one, and come out with 5 basics and safety.

Note also mid 50s for a couple of top rows, which is very good for a rookie, so apparently he has managed to learn good in ring skills whilst being unable to step between the ropes without tripping and decapitating his opponent.

Skills like these are absurd.

I try to curb my overall criticism and not be too harsh, but this is so poor as to almost be broken.

HZzSlrt.png

AkxoBwj.png

This is a woman out of the SWF dojo who has excellent "top row" skills so I signed her immediately. She started with Safety and Basics in the 20s but is somehow one of the top 30 technical wrestlers on the planet.

I'm not sure if a good ring technician should be crippling people.

I've seen many similar examples. It's too bad, because now that we do not have any preset future workers the game world will eventually be filled by these oddities.

I've had people generated with literal zeros in Charisma Mic and acting but have mid 80's in Star Quality Menace and Sex Appeal, it's really disconnected lol. .

I can pretty well say this is my only true disappointment with this year's game. The random gens have always been way to random for me and it's hard to feel like they are truly a part of the world. I've much preferred the preset workers since they seem much more attached by comparison.

I've already seen graduates with 0 star quality. Literally 0. But charisma, mic work and sex appeal 60+. This makes no sense at all.

Plus the skillset and weight seems not to be connected. I've already seen like 5 260lbs dudes who are working as high flyers (60+ aerial) but have something like 5 in brawling.

Considering how this has been a problem since the dawn of generated workers, I doubt it'll be something that can be fixed. It's just people are taking notice more-so now, as the game forces generated workers into the game world, and they have become a sort of crutch (albeit a terrible one) in that sense.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CreeperGav" data-cite="CreeperGav" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50370" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Considering how this has been a problem since the dawn of generated workers, I doubt it'll be something that can be fixed. It's just people are taking notice more-so now, as the game forces generated workers into the game world, and they have become a sort of crutch (albeit a terrible one) in that sense.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm sure it could be changed. It's just a few checks that you'd have to add. No high charisma without SQ and vice versa, no top row skills much better than basics and so on.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dross" data-cite="Dross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50370" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm sure it could be changed. It's just a few checks that you'd have to add. No high charisma without SQ and vice versa, no top row skills much better than basics and so on.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If Adam hasn't tried to already in the past few games, part of me doubts it's something that could easily be changed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CreeperGav" data-cite="CreeperGav" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50370" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If Adam hasn't tried to already in the past few games, part of me doubts it's something that could easily be changed.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, to be fair, it wasn't as important in previous games, so I would understand if it wasn't a priority before. It definitely should be now, though, as the game world is bound to become really weird and nonsensical with all those freaky sideshow wrestlers</p>

I've seen many similar examples. It's too bad, because now that we do not have any preset future workers the game world will eventually be filled by these oddities.

The upside about this is that broadcasters, finances and worker skill progression are so incredibly imbalanced that it doesn't make sense to start a long-term save right now anyway. :)

Just going through a set of first-year workers in a watcher game, where all the training facilities are set to 100:

Charisma 80+ = 8

Microphone 80+ = 6

Star Quality 80+ = 21

Brawling 80+ = 7

Purorseu 80+ = 4

Technical 80+ = 3

Aerial 80+ = 3

Basics 80+ = 3

Basics <30 (excluding non-wrestlers) = 31

Eight of these have wrestling skills of 70+ - one has 80+ in tech, aerial and flashiness, another 85 in purorseu and 79 in tech.

I appreciate basics have surprisingly little value in the game, but that is striking when they're all graduates of facilities with 100 training.

Just a few points on this thread, whilst I agree with the vast majority of what's being said:

There are some other areas that need some tweaking:

- graduates sometimes have super high basics but almost non-existent "top row" skills

This seems perfectly normal? If you're well trained, you should have relatively high basics (not "super high", perhaps), but top row skills develop over time. Wrestling school is all about learning the basics, you develop top row skills once you're out into the 'real world'. So I'd say this particular point was working as intended.

Also, where has this idea that there are no pre-set future workers come from? Granted there are 'only' 37 in the default data because most have already debuted by this point, but the feature is still there.

That said, definitely agree that the stat generation is a bit weird.

This seems perfectly normal? If you're well trained, you should have relatively high basics (not "super high", perhaps), but top row skills develop over time. Wrestling school is all about learning the basics, you develop top row skills once you're out into the 'real world'. So I'd say this particular point was working as intended.

I misspoke, I meant that it's actually the other way arond. Great top row skills but super low basics. Like 80 technique, 3 basics... and not only a few but many gens.