Almost 16 months in...

• Edward Cornell def. Tommy Cornell (21CW Best of British Wrestling, Feb 20) 4 other matches in 21CW rated 99

• BHOTWG has 0 matches of 100 rating, but 3 with a 99 rating

• Gino Montero & Capitao Brasil Jr def. Soul Taker & El Leon (EILL Television, Dec 20) 4 other matches in EILL rated 99

• SWF has 0 matches of 100 rating, and only 1 match with a 99 rating

• TCW has 0 matches of 100 rating, but 4 matches with a 99 rating

So in 16 months, there's been exactly 2 matches with a 100 rating. A handful of 99's and 98's. Mostly from 21CW, BHOTWG, TCW and EILL. USPW's best match in 16 months has been a 95.

Looking at this, it would appear as if Entertainment companies have a better chance to get high ratings for matches. Tommy and Edward were 1 and 2, respectively. Both are excellent in ring, and superstars in their region. Meanwhile, BHOTWG and even PGHW I would expect to have high ratings. Pride was really disappointing while Burning Hammer's best matches were super juniors.

2020 had 0

2021 now in September has 3 (2 in my USPW an 1 in BHOTWG(Matthew Keith vs. Horoaki Nakasawa, Keith has 5 further 99 matches) I did a 100 with Aaron Knight vs. SPencer Spade and Jay CHord vs. Greg Gauge.

A further 5 99 matches I was able to make.

On par:

A lot of Cverse's best weren't yet in their prime in 2005 but are now over the hill or already retired in 2020. 2020 is on the cusp of an era shift so many of the older stalwarts are gone or going.

05's stats were straight busted, though, so it's hard to properly compare. The 'real' 05 shouldn't have been as good as the dataset suggested.

I’d say prime Stone family, PGHW pillars, Cornell, Faith, etc is probably stronger overall. With the direction the CVerse has evolved, it’s pushed entertainers to the forefront as opposed to superior in ring guys. Golden & Champion for instance are great but they’re no 2005 Cornell. Cameron Vessey is insane, now imagine 3 of him on the same roster (Dan, Jeremy, McFly). Japan’s entire canon has been about trying to build new stars for a while now, so it’s safe to say the old days were better there too.

The plus side is the rest of the world is a lot better off. UK and Europe have talent in spades now, and Australia actually has a scene (even if RAW won’t let them, they have amazing workers). Mexico might be a push only because Lover is gone now and he’s that important.

The plus side is the rest of the world is a lot better off. UK and Europe have talent in spades now, and Australia actually has a scene (even if RAW won’t let them, they have amazing workers). Mexico might be a push only because Lover is gone now and he’s that important.

Honestly I think Mexico has been the most consistent game area in terms of ability to put on 5* contests from 05 to present day. In the U.S. 2020 seems like a bridge year, as the last of the original C-Verse guys are winding down or done. UK is definitely better now than at any point in the world's history.

I took down everyone's top row stats 10% and I'm still getting dozens of matches in the 90s each year. I guess I'll try another 10% and see how that goes!

You need to check the company's product and bring down their pop as well if you want lower match ratings. Most Sports Ent companies are 60:40 or 55:45 so pop is almost just as important as ring work.

You need to check the company's product and bring down their pop as well if you want lower match ratings. Most Sports Ent companies are 60:40 or 55:45 so pop is almost just as important as ring work.

I edited popularity individually by each worker compared to their company or where they should be on the indy circuit. Brought it down significantly for the top of the pack. I don't want to bring pop down too much from this point, but when I get to an acceptable point, I'll release the new data and see how people like it.

Honestly I think Mexico has been the most consistent game area in terms of ability to put on 5* contests from 05 to present day. In the U.S. 2020 seems like a bridge year, as the last of the original C-Verse guys are winding down or done. UK is definitely better now than at any point in the world's history.

I'd say ~2010 era NOTBPW is still the most disgusting soulless A* machine in the history of the C-Verse. It was a meme for like a decade. 2020 seems like a real dying ember point though. Change is coming everywhere just do a quick search for everybody active over 38 and you'll see that we're nearing the end of the age of Cornell. The next version is going to be very scary if you are attached to guys.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50406" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd say ~2010 era NOTBPW is still the most disgusting soulless A* machine in the history of the C-Verse. It was a meme for like a decade. 2020 seems like a real dying ember point though. Change is coming everywhere just do a quick search for everybody active over 38 and you'll see that we're nearing the end of the age of Cornell. The next version is going to be very scary if you are attached to guys.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think he added enough guys to make up for that. Gonna have to add wayyy more young guys in the next game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50406" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On par:<p> </p><p> A lot of Cverse's best weren't yet in their prime in 2005 but are now over the hill or already retired in 2020. 2020 is on the cusp of an era shift so many of the older stalwarts are gone or going.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is super interesting to me. </p><p> </p><p> As someone who’s played all of the TEW games I don’t post a lot but have been here forever it seems. I can say the only good run I had with the Cverse was with 07 w/ Dark Eagle as an avatar and booking WLW. I’m pretty sure that was it. I also toyed with 16 but never ever got off the ground with it. Other than that I’m strictly a RW mod player.</p><p> </p><p> Yet reading the intros and looking at the very limited familiarity I have with the Cverse I totally noticed how things are changing. For the first real time I have interest in giving the default database albeit w/ my own avatar and local company, a shot.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50406" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Change is coming everywhere...we're nearing the end of the age of Cornell....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Just FYI. I’m stealing this.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50406" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd say ~2010 era NOTBPW is still the most disgusting soulless A* machine in the history of the C-Verse. It was a meme for like a decade. 2020 seems like a real dying ember point though. Change is coming everywhere just do a quick search for everybody active over 38 and you'll see that we're nearing the end of the age of Cornell. The next version is going to be very scary if you are attached to guys.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Or USPW goes back to being the retirement home they're meant to be.</p><p> </p><p> USPW 2024 = a 51 year old Jack Bruce vs a 57 year old Christian Faith in the new game area of Saudi Arabia at USPW's Greatest Rumble Ever show...</p>

<p>I think if you're trying to nerf the 2005 stats and popularity, a good place to start would maybe be like a mix of 2013 and 2016 values, where appropriate of course. </p><p> </p><p>

I think popularity could be handled by lowering the popularity ceiling to 2020 areas, and just smooshing the values in the top of the cards and cleaning up some trouble spots in the upper midcards.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50406" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd say ~2010 era NOTBPW is still the most disgusting soulless A* machine in the history of the C-Verse. It was a meme for like a decade. 2020 seems like a real dying ember point though. Change is coming everywhere just do a quick search for everybody active over 38 and you'll see that we're nearing the end of the age of Cornell. The next version is going to be very scary if you are attached to guys.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Literally the reason I do this mod. Hahaha</p>

Jay Chord vs Doc Hammond rematch a month later scored a 100 as well. Back to back classics for TCW!

All in all, feels like a lot less 5 star matches. NOTBPW and PGHW studs all getting old and decrepit will make that happen though, I suppose. SOTBPW losing Marquez and their main event scene aging and additional 4 years with the likes of El Leon and The Ironman, Axxis doesn't help things either. Although El Leon is on pace for Wrestler of the Year in 2021 in my RTG, he's not with SWF, so that's interesting.

If you're still looking for data on 100 rated matches I just finished up year #1 with PGHW and here's how many perfect matches the top companies had:

USPW: 0 (Best was 93 during Champion > Money)

SWF: 0 (Best was 98 during Golden & Remo > Lau & ZWB)

TCW: 0 (Best was 98 during Andrews & Mo > Gauge & Taylor)

21CW: 3 during Matravers > T. Cornell, T. Cornell > Faust & Prince and Matravers > T. Cornell, Jones & Machine

EILL: 0 (Best was 99 (x3) during Mexicano > Boom-Boom, Mexicano > Wilkes and Mexicano w/ Golden Kings > Spark Jr. w/ Black Army)

PGHW: 0 (Best was 98 during Kozue > Chojiro)

BHOTWG: 0 (Best was 97 during Sakai > Gakusha)

CWA: 0 (Best was 96 during Knight & McFly > Deeley & Vessey)