The backstage area is useless.

I have been playing for about a month now, and all I get is just positive stuff and no conflict or anything similar whatsoever. In the 2016 game, there was a lot of interesting conflicts between everybody and it was actually a fun challenge to keep people not too angry at each other. Now, it is just an annoying popup that I have to click through on every new event day that has absolutely no impact on my game at all.

Is this happening to anyone else at all? I just want to make sure it's not me.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Vocalite" data-cite="Vocalite" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50591" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have been playing for about a month now and all I get is just positive stuff and no conflict or anything whatsoever. In the 2016 game, there was a lot of interesting conflicts between everybody and it was actually a fun challenge to keep people not too angry at each other. Now, it is just an annoying popup that I have to click through on every new event day that has absolutely no impact on my game at all.<p> </p><p> Is this happening to anyone else at all? I just want to make sure it's not me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When I started my EWA save with some of the biggest egotists in the history of time on their roster and I saw that they had a backstage grade of 97% I realized that it was going to be a total non-issue this game.</p>

Yeah I’ve noticed that too. I’ve just given up on some guys in the past (looking at you Simon Flemingway) because they’ve caused so many problems. This iteration of the game though I’ve pretty much always had a 100% backstage rating with no problems to deal with

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Vocalite" data-cite="Vocalite" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50591" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is this happening to anyone else at all? I just want to make sure it's not me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sure is! By design. I don't hire negative personalities and almost never have since Personality Plus was first introduced. I've worked in den of vipers environments so there's no way I'd want to have that kind of chaos in a company I run. To me it's not a challenge (I just fire all the malcontents - for free), it's just busywork.</p>

<p>Different locker rooms</p><p> </p><p>

I currently playing different mods and having various locker room experiences</p><p> </p><p>

My 92 mod - 54% due to negative morales and irritated workers due to decisions I have made</p><p> </p><p>

97 mod prior Montreal Scewjob - 28% negative attitudes and relationships e.g Bret and Shawn, Bret and vince</p><p> </p><p>

2003 - 86% but still negative relationships and attitudes..</p>

I've played over a year of game time with the base mod and have only had I think three negative incidents, all of which were failed soft drug tests. My backstage has been 100% throughout with no real issues. Not sure if this is coincidence/has to do with the specific promotion and policies, etc, or if it's an "issue."

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ruthian23" data-cite="Ruthian23" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50591" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've played over a year of game time with the base mod and have only had I think three negative incidents, all of which were failed soft drug tests. My backstage has been 100% throughout with no real issues. Not sure if this is coincidence/has to do with the specific promotion and policies, etc, or if it's an "issue."</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think the system itself is fine, there are just too many wonderful people in the Cornellverse that you want to see succeed and not enough Shawn Hickenbottom's who succeed despite wanting to ring their the neck every other minute of the day. There are a number of personality types you would think are horrible, (Egomaniac: for example) but really aren't unless the backstage area turns on you. So things snowball rapidly into either sunshine and roses, or malcontent and debauchery.</p>

<p>I've noticed a bunch of the random gens turn up with the stronger negative personalities like bully, so maybe the game world is just populating them to fill the a more even balance. </p><p> </p><p>

I do like this system in theory more than the old positive-negative one. The problem I think is that guys like Joey Morgan who used to be the cause of negative environments now have personalities like mercenary that are only a problem once the backstage is already negative, so they never really get a chance to get unless you hire a ton of bullies, and bullies never do anything because the environment is always at 100.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50591" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think the system itself is fine, there are just too many wonderful people in the Cornellverse that you want to see succeed and not enough Shaun Hickenbottom's who succeed despite wanting to ring their the neck every other minute of the day. There are a number of personality types you would think are horrible, (Egomaniac: for example) but really aren't unless the backstage area turns on you. So things snowball rapidly into either sunshine and roses, or malcontent and debauchery.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah - for me, it's a database issue not a game issue, with the weird thing being it's the default database that HAS the issue. Most mods I've tried have more interesting backstage areas, but default CVerse seems super easy to get 100% in, with nearly all the feds starting that way.</p>

I don't hire negative backstage influences except for 1 particular personality that I can't name off the top of my head, but it causes a minor penalty. Mercenary I think is another I make an exception for. Otherwise than that, my backstage rating stays up by design, but I've run roughly 150 shows and not a single negative incident. Kind of weird after so many hours logged on 2016, but as other(s) have said, it's essentially busy work and I usually fired those that put up too much of a fuss. I'd rather not deal with it.

Try A 90’s real life mod.

No kidding, playing as WWF in Genadis New Blood 2001 Mod (converted from 2016). Started off at 60% so ticked all the perks and managed to boost to 74%. Have ran 6 shows so far which on average 4 to 8 incidents each show and now down to 7%

I feel like the reason why issues are a non factor backstage is because nowadays in the wrestling industry, people tend to not politic their way up the card, there ain't as many ego's in the business anymore and there's no drugs or steroids that might cause fights or issues and I think Adam has tried to simulate that as best he can (in CV).

People in the business nowadays will do whatever the promoter tells them (at least in the bigger companies) and be angry and complain about it on twitter or put up a post about the direction the company is going or whatever, there's never any real issues backstage anymore, and if there are they're minimal.

Most of the workers in the industry are completely professional and although they can be unhappy and feel under appreciated, they'll just ask for a release or wait out they're contract and go to AEW or work on the indy scene.

Compare that to the 80's, 90's or even 2000's where there was constant politics, way more ego's (80's & 90's) and no other viable options other than WWE to work (2000's) for so you had to scratch and grab for everything you got. The industry has changed and so has TEW. I've seen mods with backstage ratings giving issues, as they should.

Nope, I never play with mods. I can't imagine why it would make it so much worse :T

The TEW2016 to 2020 converter doesn’t work great and creates a lot of negative personalities.

Hence why a lot of people’s converted mods start off with a really bad backstage rating and hence, a lot of negative incidents.

For what it's worth, I'm running 1991 WCW at the moment and I've had maybe one or two negative issues in the seven months I've run so far.

I've got Hall, Nash, Honky Tonk, Flair, Sid, and Vader so you'd think maybe one of them would tank the backstage rating but I'm still at 100 percent.

I was shocked because I looked at all the negative personalities on my roster and thought I'd have to clean the house but it hasn't happened yet.

Plenty of them are pissed off too because of the left off show complaints but no one has started anything so far.

I like not having to fire people but is a lot a different from 2016 where I had to fire Hogan in '97 WCW because he was such a nightmare to work with.

Granted, I haven't signed Hogan yet so who knows what trouble he'll bring but nothing bad has happened so far.

I feel like the reason why issues are a non factor backstage is because nowadays in the wrestling industry, people tend to not politic their way up the card, there ain't as many ego's in the business anymore and there's no drugs or steroids that might cause fights or issues and I think Adam has tried to simulate that as best he can (in CV).

People in the business nowadays will do whatever the promoter tells them (at least in the bigger companies) and be angry and complain about it on twitter or put up a post about the direction the company is going or whatever, there's never any real issues backstage anymore, and if there are they're minimal.

Most of the workers in the industry are completely professional and although they can be unhappy and feel under appreciated, they'll just ask for a release or wait out they're contract and go to AEW or work on the indy scene.

Compare that to the 80's, 90's or even 2000's where there was constant politics, way more ego's (80's & 90's) and no other viable options other than WWE to work (2000's) for so you had to scratch and grab for everything you got. The industry has changed and so has TEW. I've seen mods with backstage ratings giving issues, as they should.

Innit. Back in the day the likes of Flair were off womanising and getting drunk every night. Now a days they are all posting pics of themselves drinking their protein shakes on insta and streaming themselves playing video games on twitch. I miss the days of rock star wrestlers.

I generally always have 100%, but i avoid signing negative workers. I also fire anyone who violates backstage rules or is on drug's etc. I did the same in 2016 and the results were similar. I am pretty sure if you have lots of assholes and drug addict's / alcoholic's the situation will be different.