Anyone Ever Wonder What Reputation the TEW Series Has W/ Folks In The Buisiness?

Other then the short-lived and cringe-worthy "Russo plays TEW" series on Youtube a few years back, I've never really come across any comments or references from those in the business concerning their feelings towards the TEW series of games. Maybe some of you have? I would imagine because of it's longevity that a good number of individuals are aware of TEW's existence, and more than a few of them have been curious enough to check it out. I imagine if many of them took a closer look it would be a mix of intrigue and offense at how certain mods have chosen to set their stats. Kinda like how NFL players are always complaining about their ratings in Madden.

I think it would be fun to watch someone in the business do a livestream TEW playthrough that isn't as ignorant of the game's features and limitations as Russo was. I still enjoyed that series but all of his detailed booking ideas and the tedious layout obviously had trouble translating into the game. Felt bad for the guy doing the actual booking for him. Nevertheless I would have loved for that series to continue.

Other then the short-lived and cringe-worthy "Russo plays TEW" series on Youtube a few years back, I've never really come across any comments or references from those in the business concerning their feelings towards the TEW series of games. Maybe some of you have? I would imagine because of it's longevity that a good number of individuals are aware of TEW's existence, and more than a few of them have been curious enough to check it out. I imagine if many of them took a closer look it would be a mix of intrigue and offense at how certain mods have chosen to set their stats. Kinda like how NFL players are always complaining about their ratings in Madden.

I think it would be fun to watch someone in the business do a livestream TEW playthrough that isn't as ignorant of the game's features and limitations as Russo was. I still enjoyed that series but all of his detailed booking ideas and the tedious layout obviously had trouble translating into the game. Felt bad for the guy doing the actual booking for him. Nevertheless I would have loved for that series to continue.

There was definitely someone who worked for WWE a lower carder, that enjoyed it and posted things about it before.

Tony Khan has actually said in interviews that he loved doing fantasy booking and playing booking sims growing up and it was part of cultivating his interest in doing it for real down the road. I don't know if it was TEW specifically, maybe one of the predecessors, but I do imagine he was probably talking about some Ryland games.

The same people who did the Vince Russo plays TEW series (newLegacyInc) also did a series with Manny Faberino, AKA Mansoor, who currently works in NXT. He actually knew how the game worked, and I believe even talked about how he used to play it. He also used to run a twitch stream with Dio Maddin (former RAW commentator and currently in NXT), and Shane Thorne, so there's a chance they've also played TEW.