More protection against dropping back down in size

In my game, USPW recently rose to titanic on the back of a very good PPV event. Then, later in the same week, they dropped back down to large after a TV show.

I looked at what had caused them to drop and it was all because they had dropped to 76 in Wales, everywhere else was 77 and above. Seems a little unfair, especially if dropping in size might lead to a booker getting fired.

Since there is a six(?) month cooldown on being able to rise back in size after a fall, wouldn't a three month cooldown on being able to drop back after rising make sense? At least give companies an opportunity to build a bit of a buffer so one average show doesn't undo months of work.

Yeah, I understand it's a numbers game and there has to be a threshold which puts a company over the edge, but there really does need to be a bedding in period. It doesn't make a lot of sense for the world to say "Wow, this company is the new WWE!" then a week later mysteriously change their mind because a few people in Pontypridd turned sour on the promotion.

Yeah, I understand it's a numbers game and there has to be a threshold which puts a company over the edge, but there really does need to be a bedding in period. It doesn't make a lot of sense for the world to say "Wow, this company is the new WWE!" then a week later mysteriously change their mind because a few people in Pontypridd turned sour on the promotion.

100% agreed. When a company grows in size, they need like a 90 day protection to establish themselves - hire workers to get to roster size, launch a few storylines, and have a few PPVs to get the company in shape.

I would also be happy if this protection were 30 days for a player, and 90 days for an AI.

could/should rise and fall be different points.

on the way up the mark to hit a higher tear sould be 80% every where

but on the way down it takes a longer time for perceptions to change in the other direction so 77% or below drops you back down.

mimics the inertia of perception in both directions.

could/should rise and fall be different points.

on the way up the mark to hit a higher tear sould be 80% every where

but on the way down it takes a longer time for perceptions to change in the other direction so 77% or below drops you back down.

mimics the inertia of perception in both directions.

I was actually thinking this earlier and I think it makes a lot of sense personally.

In my game, USPW recently rose to titanic on the back of a very good PPV event. Then, later in the same week, they dropped back down to large after a TV show.

I looked at what had caused them to drop and it was all because they had dropped to 76 in Wales, everywhere else was 77 and above. Seems a little unfair, especially if dropping in size might lead to a booker getting fired.

That's not the only problem. If they had dropped down to 76 in a core region they can drop right down to medium (unless dropping more than one size level has been changed but I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes). My thread on the issue from about three weeks ago got buried:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548448&highlight=titanic

So in my latest watcher game one thing I've noticed is that Large and Titanic companies can fall directly to Medium and then once the "cooling down" period is complete rocket directly back up to Large/Titanic.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/74c0/l4ijnzq6bhwc4cvzg.jpg

This seems a little strange. I would propose the following for companies Big & larger:

- A company can only fall/rise one size level at a time.

- There is a grace period before the company can change another level. Personally I would set to something like 1, 2 or 3 months. Deliberately chose this to be short to allow for somewhat rapid changes and to differentiate it from the 6 month "cooling down" period at the medium/big thresh-hold.