I Have a show notes question

I started getting this message "We would have gained popularity in an additional 5 regions but growth was restricted due to the audience size.".

what exactly does that mean? i thought maybe i've out grown my broadcasting partner's but my ratings is steady climbing. I don't think that's it.

does any have any suggestions how to attack it?

There was a new setting added in a recent patch that makes it so that if your show isn't in front of enough viewers, it can't grow. I think Adam said he was going to be loosening some of the restrictions in an upcoming patch, but there's also a setting you can change in game, try switching Natural Growth Limits to Weak or Off.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="adamhart39455" data-cite="adamhart39455" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50950" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I started getting this message "We would have gained popularity in an additional 5 regions but growth was restricted due to the audience size.".<p> </p><p> what exactly does that mean? i thought maybe i've out grown my broadcasting partner's but my ratings is steady climbing. I don't think that's it. </p><p> </p><p> does any have any suggestions how to attack it?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> See Options > Natural Growth Limits in the handbook for a description of how the new system works. The note you're seeing is related to that.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>got a worker's popularity question</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50950" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>See Options > Natural Growth Limits in the handbook for a description of how the new system works. The note you're seeing is related to that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> can you explain to me how the worker's popularity works? I like it but i don't quiet understand it. does it work similar to the rising and falling of workers skills like the charging the battery term you've used. because i've seen workers go from for example 69 to 76 in a matter of weeks. i've also have seen huge drops in popularity in a very short period of time. I'm just trying to understand it.</p>

can you explain to me how the worker's popularity works? I like it but i don't quiet understand it. does it work similar to the rising and falling of workers skills like the charging the battery term you've used. because i've seen workers go from for example 69 to 76 in a matter of weeks. i've also have seen huge drops in popularity in a very short period of time. I'm just trying to understand it.

Sometimes a worker's gimmick can have more of an effect on popularity as well. You can check the bonuses and penalties under the worker's gimmick. That could explain large gains or drops in popularity.

There was a new setting added in a recent patch that makes it so that if your show isn't in front of enough viewers, it can't grow. I think Adam said he was going to be loosening some of the restrictions in an upcoming patch, but there's also a setting you can change in game, try switching Natural Growth Limits to Weak or Off.

That suggestion is how to cheat around it and not how to attack it lol.

I'm still not sure I understand this feature, at least in terms of Big companies.

I'm playing WCW 1996, and am on the cusp of Large. The only thing stopping me is getting to 71 in The Maritimes (Canada). I have Medium TV coverage and Huge Events converage, but that one region seems stuck at 65. The rest of Canada is 70-72. I've read the handbook, so I feel stupid for not understanding. Sorry guys.

Edit: I read it one more time. I think I get it. In fact, we're going to hold the first ever WCW Slamtastic Voyage tour of The Maritimes!

Peter you got Any explanations on how worker's popularity works? I like it but I don't understand it. I'd have a worker bounce between 65 to 67 for 5 months. Then all of a sudden he's at 77 on the 6th month. 7th month he's back down around 68 and 69. I'm thinking momentum has a lot to do with it. He maybe the flavor of the month right now which makes it seems like he's more popular than he really is. Once he lost that hot streak he went back down to his normal pop. What's your opinion on this.

Peter

Peter you got Any explanations on how worker's popularity works? I like it but I don't understand it. I'd have a worker bounce between 65 to 67 for 5 months. Then all of a sudden he's at 77 on the 6th month. 7th month he's back down around 68 and 69. I'm thinking momentum has a lot to do with it. He maybe the flavor of the month right now which makes it seems like he's more popular than he really is. Once he lost that hot streak he went back down to his normal pop. What's your opinion on this.

Have you seen huge movements in works popularity in your saved games?

Man I’ve seen huge drops and huge gains but only from the AI controlled rosters. I can’t get my roster to fluctuate on the high end but losing pop is a specialty I seem to possess lol. I wish there was a pop option for workers like there are for companies sometimes ya don’t want the grind you just wanna play ya know.

I'd have a worker bounce between 65 to 67 for 5 months. Then all of a sudden he's at 77 on the 6th month. 7th month he's back down around 68 and 69.

Big jumps and drops tend to reflect wins & losses against people with significantly different popularity.

A wrestler who beats someone who's much more popular will gain a lot of pop. A wrestler who loses to someone who's much less popular will lose a lot of pop.

One thing to remember is that the game works in decimals but hides everything but the whole number. So if a guy goes from 70.1 pop to 70.9 pop you're going to see the pop at 70 even though he gained some. Another thign to remember is your pop cap. If you are a small company and not on TV... your worker will only get so popular. Even in a big company with a huge broadcasting contract... some guys with really great stats just cap out at 70 pop and thats that.

A big thing in 2020 is to think of popularity shifts in terms of Major/minor success or defeats among the individuals.

So if Worker A has a pop of 65 and beats Jabroni Joe with a pop of 35, thats a minor success for Worker A. He's going to get a little bit of momentum gain. If he's super hot he might see a little bump in pop. But thats not going to shift the needle in a major way. Meanwhile Jabroni Joe only had a minor defeat. Depending on how hot he is he may not see any noticeable pop loss at all.

Now if Jabroni Joe beats Worker A... Jabroni Joe just had a major success and if he has good momentum you will see him with a massive shift in popularity. BUT.... in TEW2020 a big pop gain is based on the individual not their opponent. SO... a big shift for Jabroni Joe might only be from 35 to say 39ish. He had a major success and gained a ton of pop. What happens to Worker A in this scenario is he loses a Major Defeat and he takes a huge dump in pop. But again, youre going from like 65ish to say 62ish or so. These numbers are off the top of my head but my point is you wont see a gain of 20 points of popularity or anything in one match or anything like that no matter what you do. Or at least I dont.

They key is to think of the individual not the opponent. Jabroni Joe isnt going to be in the 60s just because he had one victory over a guy at that level.

Point is it takes time to build momentum but when you do you will see big gains when they beat more popular workers.

The momentum system and popularity system are explained well in the handbook the challenge is finding what you're looking for. Popularity is explained under the "Workers" tab and The Momentum System is explained in the "Running Your Company" tab.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50950" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>One thing to remember is that the game works in decimals but hides everything but the whole number. So if a guy goes from 70.1 pop to 70.9 pop you're going to see the pop at 70 even though he gained some. Another thign to remember is your pop cap. If you are a small company and not on TV... your worker will only get so popular. Even in a big company with a huge broadcasting contract... some guys with really great stats just cap out at 70 pop and thats that. <p> </p><p> A big thing in 2020 is to think of popularity shifts in terms of Major/minor success or defeats among the individuals.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> So if Worker A has a pop of 65 and beats Jabroni Joe with a pop of 35, thats a minor success for Worker A. He's going to get a little bit of momentum gain. If he's super hot he might see a little bump in pop. But thats not going to shift the needle in a major way. Meanwhile Jabroni Joe only had a minor defeat. Depending on how hot he is he may not see any noticeable pop loss at all. </p><p> </p><p> Now if Jabroni Joe beats Worker A... Jabroni Joe just had a major success and if he has good momentum you will see him with a massive shift in popularity. BUT.... in TEW2020 a big pop gain is based on the individual not their opponent. SO... a big shift for Jabroni Joe might only be from 35 to say 39ish. He had a major success and gained a ton of pop. What happens to Worker A in this scenario is he loses a Major Defeat and he takes a huge dump in pop. But again, youre going from like 65ish to say 62ish or so. These numbers are off the top of my head but my point is you wont see a gain of 20 points of popularity or anything in one match or anything like that no matter what you do. Or at least I dont.</p><p> </p><p> They key is to think of the individual not the opponent. Jabroni Joe isnt going to be in the 60s just because he had one victory over a guy at that level. </p><p> </p><p> Point is it takes time to build momentum but when you do you will see big gains when they beat more popular workers.</p><p> </p><p> The momentum system and popularity system are explained well in the handbook the challenge is finding what you're looking for. Popularity is explained under the "Workers" tab and The Momentum System is explained in the "Running Your Company" tab.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> thank you so much boss</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="adamhart39455" data-cite="adamhart39455" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50950" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Peter you got Any explanations on how worker's popularity works? I like it but I don't understand it. I'd have a worker bounce between 65 to 67 for 5 months. Then all of a sudden he's at 77 on the 6th month. 7th month he's back down around 68 and 69. I'm thinking momentum has a lot to do with it. He maybe the flavor of the month right now which makes it seems like he's more popular than he really is. Once he lost that hot streak he went back down to his normal pop. What's your opinion on this.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There’s a lot of variables. Momentum is a factor, obviously match and angle grades. The audience size (including tv) pop caps. </p><p> </p><p> This version has a much more realistic than previous versions which makes it less about just spamming out wins</p>

<p>Increase of pop seems to depend mostly on momentum, storyline and partially on good grades. But decreasing or "bouncing" pop should only happen due to less famous wrestler winning against more famous ones.</p><p> </p><p>

My pop levels are pretty fix, except in the above case.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="adamhart39455" data-cite="adamhart39455" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50950" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have you seen huge movements in works popularity in your saved games?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've seen 5-7 point swings after events maybe more give or take 1/2. Gimmicks, size of coverage, size of audience, event or TV show, they all have varying effects on popularity. Momentum plays a big part but I'm not sure as to the actual numbers.</p>

Increase of pop seems to depend mostly on momentum, storyline and partially on good grades. But decreasing or "bouncing" pop should only happen due to less famous wrestler winning against more famous ones.

My pop levels are pretty fix, except in the above case.

Story lines are a little trickier in 2020 so I could be totally wrong here but I dont think they have any direct effect on pop increase. At least not that I've noticed.

AFAIK story lines exist to boost (or penalize) segments and to make entertainment based companies more of a challenge.

Would you mind getting into the kind of popularity gains you've seen and how you did it using storylines? I may be doing something wrong I love picking the brains of other players I've learned so much that way.

Story lines are a little trickier in 2020 so I could be totally wrong here but I dont think they have any direct effect on pop increase. At least not that I've noticed.

AFAIK story lines exist to boost (or penalize) segments and to make entertainment based companies more of a challenge.

Would you mind getting into the kind of popularity gains you've seen and how you did it using storylines? I may be doing something wrong I love picking the brains of other players I've learned so much that way.

I'm not 100% sure if I connected the right dots since I rarely checked which match/angle/situation caused which alteration of popularity. I just noted the following and could be wrong:

- During TV shows participation a highly graded segment often brought a worker around +0,5 pop (events probably more, but I did 8/9 TV shows), as long as he wasn't winner or loser. Regardless of storyline.

The winners however took more off when they were involved in SL. Maybe it was indirectly: SL -> better grade -> higher chance for pop boost.

- When winning a SL match and especially finishing a hot storyline often gave me big pop boosts, mostly for the winner. I haven't documentated it, hence it's more of a feeling, but a strong one.

Overall I did MUCH better for workers I put in SLs. They usually reach cap pretty quickly, while the others stay in the low card for years even though they have the same amount of matches.

I'm not 100% sure if I connected the right dots since I rarely checked which match/angle/situation caused which alteration of popularity. I just noted the following and could be wrong:

- During TV shows participation a highly graded segment often brought a worker around +0,5 pop (events probably more, but I did 8/9 TV shows), as long as he wasn't winner or loser. Regardless of storyline.

The winners however took more off when they were involved in SL. Maybe it was indirectly: SL -> better grade -> higher chance for pop boost.

- When winning a SL match and especially finishing a hot storyline often gave me big pop boosts, mostly for the winner. I haven't documentated it, hence it's more of a feeling, but a strong one.

Overall I did MUCH better for workers I put in SLs. They usually reach cap pretty quickly, while the others stay in the low card for years even though they have the same amount of matches.

Hey man thats as good of logic as any thanks! I might have been doing something wrong I'm gonna do some experimenting and see what I can come up with :) Thank you!

i agree

There’s a lot of variables. Momentum is a factor, obviously match and angle grades. The audience size (including tv) pop caps.

This version has a much more realistic than previous versions which makes it less about just spamming out wins

i completely agree, i love how it works just didn't understand it. i also love the pop cap too. it great for simulating real life. it reminds me how no matter how great of a worker is sometimes or most of the time it doesn't always convert over to popularity.