Should using unimportant workers on a b-show be more viable?

SO i sometimes use b-shows to try and build up my unimportant guys, but i've noticed that autobooker will never tend to use the uninportant guys and i dont like that i can only get them over in tag matches. a b-show is like monday night heat right? then why does the crowd bitch about having to sit through 'lesser' guys matches? its what the show is for!, maybe we could get a feature like a 'c' show for uninmportant workers or something?

I'm pretty sure the crowds watching Sunday Night Heat / Velocity / 205 Live are bitching about having to sit through unimportant matches.

B-Shows don't hurt/help your company popularity, so why do the penalties matter? They don't mean failure. They just mean the matches aren't as well received as your main events.

1. It's a B-Show. So, your overall popularity isn't impacted. Stars "can" gain "some" popularity from a B-Show, but not really. It's basically there for those moments an unqualified person won't stop complaining about being in Development, so you have to bring them up and they're not ready yet - so you B-Show them and finish training them yourself. Then, once you have their skills up, put them on Dark Matches for your A-Show.

2. The notes don't matter. It's not saying "You sucked because...", rather it said "The limits you reached this time are...", which is good because it means you know what limit you hit. The notes simply tell you what "would have" gone wrong on an A-Show. So if a guy is getting lack of popularity complaints on a B-Show, they are where they need to be and the notes are your affirmation to keep them there.

I'm pretty sure the crowds watching Sunday Night Heat / Velocity / 205 Live are bitching about having to sit through unimportant matches.

B-Shows don't hurt/help your company popularity, so why do the penalties matter? They don't mean failure. They just mean the matches aren't as well received as your main events.

Heat/Velocity maybe but 205 Live had a lot of high highs that many praised & if two guys put on a great match on the B-show, no one is going to be bitching about that. If Masked Cougar & Ernest Youngman are unimportant but drop a B (70+) quality match, its stupid that its completely nerfed because no one knows them. If any of you guys watch a good match and start bitching about it because you dont know the guys, wtf is wrong with you lmfao. The guys I've fallen in love with are the ones I didnt know who shocked me with a great match.

If your argument is that its a B-show & it doesnt effect your pop then it cuts both ways, why add needless penalties to something that doesn't effect company pop?

I dont mind most penalties. The unimportant worker penalty is an absolutely mindless penalty. The game already punishes you for having unimportant workers in the appropriate products. It doesnt matter how good Cougar/Youngman are, in a 30/70 ratio company, they arent going to do anything so why add this extra penalty that is unrealistic & makes no sense? In a wrestling focused company, the fact that two guys are unimportant would mean nothing. Heck, even in the WWE, if you tossed Lee & Dijak in a match and had them do what they do in PWG, people would be absolutely stunned. They wouldnt be mad two no name guys are doing it.

Heat/Velocity maybe but 205 Live had a lot of high highs that many praised & if two guys put on a great match on the B-show, no one is going to be bitching about that. If Masked Cougar & Ernest Youngman are unimportant but drop a B (70+) quality match, its stupid that its completely nerfed because no one knows them. If any of you guys watch a good match and start bitching about it because you dont know the guys, wtf is wrong with you lmfao. The guys I've fallen in love with are the ones I didnt know who shocked me with a great match.

It's not a penalty designed around die-hard fans. It's about casual fans. Kids. Parents. People going to see the wrestling for a laugh who don't care about "workrate" or "match quality". You know, classic WWE fans. In that sense, I can see it not being so suitable for a PWG... although I'm sure if you put 2 unknowns in front of that crowd, the first few minutes would be pretty quiet.

I can agree the penalty is a bit of a hat on a hat. A penalty for low popularity when the product is already penalizing the workers for low popularity. If Perception worked better, if it wasn't just 95% overness, then I could see a need for it.

Heck, even in the WWE, if you tossed Lee & Dijak in a match and had them do what they do in PWG, people would be absolutely stunned. They wouldnt be mad two no name guys are doing it.

Die-hards would. Casuals... might. A lot of casual fans may decide to take a piss break (penalty) but the match would probably still score well (if these guys are good. I've seen spots) and next time they could be recognisable. They fans would really respond to their match.

Perhaps I'm seeing the penalty as wrong. I don't see fans as being "mad" at these matches. I see it as not caring. Pulling out their phones or going to buy snacks. Not reaction. Not enjoying. Worse rating.

If your argument is that its a B-show & it doesnt effect your pop then it cuts both ways, why add needless penalties to something that doesn't effect company pop?

I'd also add this for the match aims, i dont know why the game forces you to have a steal the show/tech masterclass/wild brawl on a b show for workers that are put there expressly for the purpose to get them to the level that these match aims dont suck when their time comes

It's true that the AI doesn't really try and get high ratings with B show booking. But why don't you run the AI and then change what you don't like or edit what you want to happen?

That's what I do and sure it takes a little bit more time but not much. I think B shows are good for progressing lesser feuds and developing a younger workers skills, or even a way to highlight someone that you haven't penciled into the A-Show but you want to keep happy.

It's not a penalty designed around die-hard fans. It's about casual fans. Kids. Parents. People going to see the wrestling for a laugh who don't care about "workrate" or "match quality". You know, classic WWE fans. In that sense, I can see it not being so suitable for a PWG... although I'm sure if you put 2 unknowns in front of that crowd, the first few minutes would be pretty quiet.

I can agree the penalty is a bit of a hat on a hat. A penalty for low popularity when the product is already penalizing the workers for low popularity. If Perception worked better, if it wasn't just 95% overness, then I could see a need for it.

Die-hards would. Casuals... might. A lot of casual fans may decide to take a piss break (penalty) but the match would probably still score well (if these guys are good. I've seen spots) and next time they could be recognisable. They fans would really respond to their match.

Perhaps I'm seeing the penalty as wrong. I don't see fans as being "mad" at these matches. I see it as not caring. Pulling out their phones or going to buy snacks. Not reaction. Not enjoying. Worse rating.

Any argument that treats WWE as the monolith of wrestling doesnt really check out for me. You said it yourself, it wouldnt work for PWG (and it wouldnt work for many many many other companies). There's only one company like WWE in the world so in theory they arent the norm and should not be used as a baseline for how crowds react. Most companies are theoretically supported by die hards, not casuals, so it makes little sense to put more emphasis on casuals.

Furthermore, I think this year has proven that grades can no longer be emphatically tied to just the in-person audience. We've seen ample amounts of shows with no fans and while this isnt the norm or how wrestling should be forever, it still proves that wrestling cant be so intrically tied to how the people in attendance feel in terms of how a match/angle is received.

I'd also add this for the match aims, i dont know why the game forces you to have a steal the show/tech masterclass/wild brawl on a b show for workers that are put there expressly for the purpose to get them to the level that these match aims dont suck when their time comes

You dont need match aims on B-shows. Ive booked a bunch of them and NEVER EVER use match aims. No penalties ever.

<p>No penalties for not using match aims on B-Shows?</p><p> </p><p>

That's a big plus. I didn't know that.</p><p> </p><p>

One question I have with B-Shows is setting up "Development" purpose. When using this purpose, does it have to be "Reserve" or can it be one of the other categories with "Development"?</p><p> </p><p>

I was planning a B-Show brand split to shuffle a bunch of do-nothing seniors I keep around to feud with my upstarts. I just don't want the things that happen there to essentially be "worthless work" that doesn't really mean anything.</p><p> </p><p>

I view B-Show as the transition time between Development and Main Show but now I am questioning this strategy.</p>

I just don't want the things that happen there to essentially be "worthless work" that doesn't really mean anything.

I view B-Show as the transition time between Development and Main Show but now I am questioning this strategy.

That strategy can still be valid, if you wish it to be. But when have you seen B-show "storylines" bleed into A show creative plans? From what I recall, things that happened on Thunder/HEAT/Main Event/Superstars didn't drive creative decisions on NITRO/Raw/Smackdown etc. On occasion a matchup that happened on those shows might be mentioned but basically, B shows were like Vegas is supposed to be (what happens there, stays there).

I've always used my B show for development and for advancing tertiary storylines (i.e. those stories you can't always find time to advance on the A show). Because I don't have to care about the rating, I put on matches and angles there just for the purpose of developing talent. Eye candy valets get to use/improve their entertainment skills. Newgens get to fight each other (and occasionally a veteran worker) to put those PC training sessions to effective use in front of a crowd.

I use unimportant workers on my B show all the time and damn the penalty notes. Not like I have to care. It's a B show!

I think this is ONLY the case with WWE crowds that are trained to not care about people who aren't stars.

On AEW people went apeshit for a totally unknown Kris Statlander even without a super match.

I feel like it's the same in NJPW. If you put on a great enough match you will win the crowd over.

Remember Hiromu Takakhashis return from excursion?

I also think it's bad becuse it makes it very hard to build up a women's division from scratch. They cant fight each other becuse the crows won't care and the grade will lower your overall rating and they can't be booked in matches against the men(If you are going for a somewhat realistic product).

You are basically fukked.

That sounds like products working as they should, to me. In pop>pref companies they don’t care about how good you are unless they know you. In performance companies it’s a lot easier to get good grades as an unknown, and therefore easier to rise up the card on skill alone.

Most companies big enough for a B show are heavily pop based, so it’s inherently harder to get grades on a show dedicated to people who aren’t over.