The Podcast Thread

Dalton

Didn't see a thread, so making one here.

What's everyone regular podcasts?

My favorite one is probably Crime in Sports by James Pietragallo and Jimmie Whisman, two hilarious comedians. Each week they dive deep into an athlete's background and uncover all the crazy crime that comes with them. They do a lot of wrestlers, because James is/was a huge wrestling fan and is VERY knowledgeable of the 80s and 90s eras. The way the show works is that James researches and puts together the show, and Jimmie hears it for the first time along with us and his reactions to the crazy stuff that happens is hysterical.

They just did New Jack like this week or last, and it was absolutely bonkers. Crimes I didn't even know about. They also did Jake Roberts, Scott Hall, Hardbody Harrison, Buck Zumhofe and others. In addition to them they rotate through sports so there's other ones as well from basketball, baseball, racing, american football and the other football, etc.

Those two also do Small Town Murder, a comedy show about a murder in a random small town in the USA. These stories are even crazier, hearing about the white trash leading up to the murder is insane.

As for wrestling pods, I listen/watch every Bryan and Vinny show because those are hilarious. I also regularly check out Wrestling Observer Live and Wrestling Observer Radio. The Adam and Mike Show from the Observer focuses on Japan so I listen a lot there as well. The Super J Cast from Voices of Wrestling is about NJPW with a bit of other puro companies so I'll check that out every so often.

I also listen to the Tiny Meat Gang podcast, even saw those two guys live for a comedy show last year. You guys probably wouldn't like that though, their humor is definitely geared towards college kids, like myself whose a grad student.

I get my daily news briefings from The Daily by the New York Times as well.

So yeah, here's my shortlist:

Crime in Sports by James Pietragallo and Jimmie Whisman

Small Town Murder by James Pietragallo and Jimmie Whisman

Bryan and Vinny Show/WOL/WOR from the F4WOnline crew

The Daily by the New York Times

<p>I don't really listen to Podcast but I do listen to segments of Podcasts on YouTube. So if that counts, here are the three I tend to listen/watch on a semi-regular basis. I also do not know the actual names of the Podcasts so I will just go by what I know them as...</p><p> </p><p>

Joe Rogan </p><p>

Tim Pool</p><p>

Jim Cornette</p><p> </p><p>

I was going to at one-time set-up a thread like this for YouTube channels to see what channels others watched. There does seem to be a little bit of an overlap between the two things.</p>

<p>Can't really answer this. As far as I know, I don't really watch any. At best, if I do, I just don't think of them is such terms. I'll watch like video game list and character build videos, some couple day old news clips. Stuff like that. But as far, "I'm going to watch my podcast", I don't really do that. Maybe I'm just too old in the way I think about things. </p><p> </p><p>

Heck, I've yet to quit being confused when stuff like Netflix and Hulu are considered "TV" on Jeopardy. I tend to view those as different media even if the recording process is technically the same. I am pushing towards 50 so it is entirely possible I just have a mental block in separating what podcasts I watch from any other video.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51337" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can't really answer this. As far as I know, I don't really watch any. At best, if I do, I just don't think of them is such terms. I'll watch like video game list and character build videos, some couple day old news clips. Stuff like that. But as far, "I'm going to watch my podcast", I don't really do that. Maybe I'm just too old in the way I think about things. <p> </p><p> Heck, I've yet to quit being confused when stuff like Netflix and Hulu are considered "TV" on Jeopardy. I tend to view those as different media even if the recording process is technically the same. I am pushing towards 50 so it is entirely possible I just have a mental block in separating what podcasts I watch from any other video.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The vast majority of podcasts are audio only. Obviously some podcasts record themselves and post it online to watch and listen, but it's just them talking to each other so it's boring.</p><p> </p><p> The only "video podcast" I follow is OSW Review, the one about 80s and 90s Wrestling. They're excellent.</p><p> </p><p> But yeah, you usually don't "watch" podcasts. Podcasts are a whole other medium of media.</p>

<p>Biggest differentiation is that podcasts are generally considered an audio only format if that makes it any easier or clearer for you to help compartmentalise where things stand. </p><p> </p><p>

With so much media at our fingertips these days anyway it's almost impossible to get anything watched or listened to. Turns out there is such a thing as too much choice.</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: Dalton best me to it. What he said.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dalton" data-cite="Dalton" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51337" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The vast majority of podcasts are audio only. Obviously some podcasts record themselves and post it online to watch and listen, but it's just them talking to each other so it's boring.<p> </p><p> The only "video podcast" I follow is OSW Review, the one about 80s and 90s Wrestling. They're excellent.</p><p> </p><p> But yeah, you usually don't "watch" podcasts. Podcasts are a whole other medium of media.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you so much. I appreciate the help where this is concerned. I honestly didn't know how much or how little I knew. Now I can say I don't do podcasts because I haven't really had the interest to seek them out. But who knows? If y'all mention something cool that's easily chased down, maybe I'll start.</p>

Cappy, there really is no difference between a Podcast and an AM radio talk show. As Dalton said most are audio-only and the ones that have video are boring because it is just watching a bunch of people sit around and talk. I don't know if you ever watched Imus or Howard Stern on television before (When they were both on television) but a video version of a Podcast would be exactly like that.

Cappy, there really is no difference between a Podcast and an AM radio talk show. As Dalton said most are audio-only and the ones that have video are boring because it is just watching a bunch of people sit around and talk. I don't know if you ever watched Imus or Howard Stern on television before (When they were both on television) but a video version of a Podcast would be exactly like that.

I mean, sometimes a weirdo like me likes to see facial reactions to stuff, but in general, yeah, a video podcast is pointless.

I like catching clips of Joe Rogan and Jim Cornette, and I used to listen to Last House on the Left a few years back, thinking of listening to that again, just kinda forgot about it.

I mean, sometimes a weirdo like me likes to see facial reactions to stuff, but in general, yeah, a video podcast is pointless.

Nothing weird about that at all. On a scale of 1 to 10 on the oddness scale for comments on this site, I would say that does not even register. There was once someone on here who defended drunk drivers, so yeah wanting to see facial reactions of podcasters is not odd at all.:D