Stables: Company "None"

To reflect things like Bullet Club, I would like to see a default "None" option for who a stable belongs to. Then, if a company hires workers from said stable, it can "use" it the same way it does a Tag Team.

Companies with "None" would have their "company copy" start with the base heat, then increase/decrease naturally.

The base company should have its base heat determined by the average heat between the companies using the stable.

Such stables should not naturally form in the game.

If a worker signs an Exclusive Written contract; if the company creates the stable before advancing the next day, nothing happens. If they do not, the exclusive worker is removed from the stable at the next processing.

This would let someone sign Kenny Omega and The Bucks exclusive while they're in Bullet Club and they remain in the base faction. However, if your own "Bullet Club" stable is disbanned, the workers are removed from the stable.

___

Perhaps forming a stable should require a minimum of two workers from it.

Kind of a bad example, as while working say PWG Omega would be refereed as being in Bullet Club, all that was dropped once he left New Japan, the owners of the stable.

Its why Omega and the Bucks created the Elite as its own group.

It seems once any stable forms, unless it was created by the workers independently (ala Perro Aguayo Jr. creating Perros Del Mal, so where he went it went) Which I think would be the way to set up your idea.

Maybe as even a creative idea a worker has, and when hiring the workers who had the idea you have the potential of using the stable they had created, but so do other companies that hire them.

Kind of a bad example, as while working say PWG Omega would be refereed as being in Bullet Club, all that was dropped once he left New Japan, the owners of the stable.

Its why Omega and the Bucks created the Elite as its own group.

It seems once any stable forms, unless it was created by the workers independently (ala Perro Aguayo Jr. creating Perros Del Mal, so where he went it went) Which I think would be the way to set up your idea.

Maybe as even a creative idea a worker has, and when hiring the workers who had the idea you have the potential of using the stable they had created, but so do other companies that hire them.

Not really a bad example. They left the stable, so ofcourse that would be dropped. The Elite were a stable in New Japan and ROH too. Now they're a stable in AEW. The game atm can't aknowledge the same stable being in several companies.

Members of the stable could obviously still leave, but many former (long-lasting) members of the Bullet Club still are associated with the group in the fans mind. Like The Good Brothers, for example. Especially outside of the big companies, stables are interpromotional things that exists. RINGKAMPF is another recent one that comes to my mind, to the point where "RINGKAMPF" has become some sort of permanent mentality in wXw. Then there are the two Los Ingobernables factions (Mexico & Japan) and all forms of Rush's La Facción Ingobernable group.

Also the more obvious ones are the factions that were based on irl friendships. Like The Kliq. Or The Four Horsemen. Or... The Elite. It's also something that could solve the "Trios issue" of the game, where Trios aren't a established entity like tag-teams are.

Not really a bad example. They left the stable, so ofcourse that would be dropped. The Elite were a stable in New Japan and ROH too. Now they're a stable in AEW. The game atm can't aknowledge the same stable being in several companies.

Members of the stable could obviously still leave, but many former (long-lasting) members of the Bullet Club still are associated with the group in the fans mind. Like The Good Brothers, for example. Especially outside of the big companies, stables are interpromotional things that exists. RINGKAMPF is another recent one that comes to my mind, to the point where "RINGKAMPF" has become some sort of permanent mentality in wXw. Then there are the two Los Ingobernables factions (Mexico & Japan) and all forms of Rush's La Facción Ingobernable group.

Also the more obvious ones are the factions that were based on irl friendships. Like The Kliq. Or The Four Horsemen. Or... The Elite. It's also something that could solve the "Trios issue" of the game, where Trios aren't a established entity like tag-teams are.

I was also thinking about Ant Colony stable and indeed Trios factions like The Freebirds who worked in multiple companies.

The main concerns for the game's stability and capability are:

1. The Stable set as "None" probably cannot gain/lose heat without recoding, which is fine if they don't. It's an aesthetic.

2. The Stable, once "incorporated" to a company, will gain/lose heat in that company as all normal stables, and have no further considerations.

3. Workers either should not be removed from the stable, or only if they sign an Exclusive Written deal. I would say yes to a stable "dying" if two people are Exclusively signed to different companies. Or the stable could become "inactive" while the person remains in. This is a case for "no new workers".

As for companies, they probably shouldn't just create the stable unless they sign more than one person in it, or have one but sign the other. Once they have it, it should be set to go Inactive if said members leave the company, which already happens with a lot of stables I've seen.

An alternative would be the ability to create kliqs in the editor. Kliqs could have a high chance of forming a stable in the company.

This would be a very acceptable alternative. Set up "Cliques" just like Tag Teams, and if they're in the same company, there's a chance of that clique forming a stable. No new mechanics needed. I really like it.

I am not really wanting this to change gameplay, but rather to harmlessly add the aesthetic, and this achieves it perfectly. It also serves a secondary function that, other than relationships, stables, and tag teams, gives wrestlers an affiliation with one another.

This would also help folks like Strong Hearts.

An alternative would be the ability to create kliqs in the editor. Kliqs could have a high chance of forming a stable in the company.

This would be a very acceptable alternative. Set up "Cliques" just like Tag Teams, and if they're in the same company, there's a chance of that clique forming a stable. No new mechanics needed. I really like it.

I am not really wanting this to change gameplay, but rather to harmlessly add the aesthetic, and this achieves it perfectly. It also serves a secondary function that, other than relationships, stables, and tag teams, gives wrestlers an affiliation with one another.

This would also help folks like Strong Hearts.

It's not an exact "create-a-kliq" but you could edit the relationship of 3 or more people to give that sensation. Make them all best friends with each other. Then create the stable. Unless you were wanting this to occur organically, in which case it would have to be coded into the game. Maybe something similar to the news stories, like the tsunami that hit Japan. But instead of being set to occur at a certain time have it set to occur as an if>then.

I don't know anything about the coding language used for the game and not much about code in general but having a constant loop running to check "if TCW hires Edd Stone and Matt Hocking and Ernest Youngman >then stable Reckless Youth is created" (just an example pulled from my ongoing game) seems very labor intensive, if possible at all. Would probably slow down the game for a rare occurrence.

If organic creations aren't what your after then you could just edit and create. Or if you would prefer it to be a little less "controlled"; find a worker and hire some of his/her close friends. That way you don't end up picking your top guns and throwing them together.

One of the many great things about this series is there aren't many things we can't do with it to make it as enjoyable as we want it to be. I agree it would be a cool thing to see pop up in the news feed. We get messages about people who say they are carrying companies or about their politics bringing others down. So why not about a couple of workers who are partying with each other and bringing their friendship in front of the camera.